It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We're Compiling Every Police-Involved Shooting In America. Help Us.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
This article say's there are 409 deaths caused by police shootings across America in the latest available year.

Where Britian shows a zero count along with Japan, Germany 8.

keep up the good work.

www.zerohedge.com...

www.economist.com...

Smug television broadcasts in Russia and China have wildly exaggerated the sickness of which Ferguson is a symptom. But it is real enough. The police in and around Ferguson have shot and killed twice as many people in the past two weeks (Mr Brown plus one other) as the police in Japan, a nation of 127m, have shot and killed in the past six years. Nationwide, America’s police kill roughly one person a day

a reply to: dfens

edit on 22-8-2014 by keenasbro because: To add

edit on 22-8-2014 by keenasbro because: To add link

edit on 22-8-2014 by keenasbro because: spelling

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

I live in Memphis-we normally have the most murders every year-and they aren't committed by cops.

Don't get me wrong-there are dirty cops out there-and I think that the dirty one belong on the end of a rope-but the majority of the murders are committed by young black males/gangs.Not cops.

You don't believe how dangerous it is here-check our stats.

We are always in the top 5 cities when it comes to murder-and you can count the ones committed by cops on one hand.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Do you want the information to be collected in this thread or should we go to the link provided?

Just in case it's the former......

"In 2007, former police officer Paul Bradley Rogers and his former supervising officer, Robert Shawn Richardson, responded to a neighbor’s call about removing a snake from a birdhouse. The snake was believed to be poisonous, so Richardson told Rogers to shoot the snake, but Austin was struck in the process." Both men were charged and convicted of second degree involuntary manslaughter (iirc) but had their sentences deferred, did a little community service and have had their records expunged. (from the Norman transcript 2013)

Austin, the victim, was a 5 year old boy fishing with his grandfather. Both cops are still employed as cops.
edit on 22-8-2014 by whitewave because: added source

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: whitewave

Oh no, you definitely have to go to the link if you feel like participating. I just linked the story and copied the exact title. I'm not trying to recruit anybody for anything, but I felt that ATSers might be interested in this story, especially with about 75 Ferguson threads going on. It's also on a type of pop culture website that I'm sure many here wouldn't frequent.

Also, both articles in the OP are pretty good reads if nothing else.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Got it. Thanks.
Toodling over to other site to repost.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

There is already a site doing this Fatal Encounters

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood

Because this is about collecting data so they can prove cops are evil mean people who kill millions of innocent people every year.

What is the purpose of you wanting the data base if I may ask? or did I hit the nail on the head?

No, this is about having accurate and complete (as possible) data from which to formulate appropriate policy responses.

After all, if they've got nothing to hide, then why should it matter?

Let's open up the books and see what we've got. What's wrong with that?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Um. Tanks are in the streets here, today. Why would we care about them? Seriously. Prioritize.

You are more likely to be killed by law enforcement, than terrorists.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I have quite a few events in the past news locally to contribute that need to be on record.

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Wouldn't it be just as helpful, if not more to the world
to compile everyone in the world that the Islamic State IS has beheaded, tortured, crucified?

Hey, no ones stopping you from making one a data base on that. They have a pretty nice submission form system, that could could borrow for a site.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I know it might be a long process but is it possible in the United States to file a Freedom of Information Act request with individual departments to try to get access to data they collect but decide not to share? Considering there is no database the requests would have to be filed in the thousands, one to each department. It isn't surprising that it is not well tracked considering the work involved.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Yes, D. Brian Burghart runs that site and I linked it in the OP. He is taking Individual incident submissions here. It's a good site and he has the state of Nevada complete from 2000-present.

The Deadspin project is a little different in that they ask users to pick a day to search for all incidents in the country from 2011- present.

I'm not really sure which is better, but the latter will have better funding and a more mainstream audience. I can see them combining their efforts.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: MarkItZero
Yes it is and it costs money too. There are over 17,000 law enforcement agencies in the US and a problem that might seem insignificant is simply getting addresses for all these agencies. There are branches that I'm sure none of us have ever heard of before. You can also bet that these agencies are not going to lift a finger to help even though it's public information. I know personally from how difficult they've made it for me to get police reports for my own case. I think they're trained to control the flow of information in a way to frustrate you so you give up.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I posted this in another thread:

originally posted by: LDragonFire
This is whats leading to the deaths of so many civilians:

“[I]f the individual is no longer to be sovereign, if the police can pick him up whenever they do not like the cut of his jib, if they can ‘seize’ and ‘search’ him in their discretion, we enter a new regime. The decision to enter it should be made only after a full debate by the people of this country.”—U.S. Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas

The U.S. Supreme Court was intended to be an institution established to intervene and protect the people against the government and its agents when they overstep their bounds. Yet as I point out in my book A Government of Wolves: The Emerging American Police State, Americans can no longer rely on the courts to mete out justice. In the police state being erected around us, the police and other government agents can probe, poke, pinch, taser, search, seize, strip and generally manhandle anyone they see fit in almost any circumstance, all with the general blessing of the courts.

Whether it’s police officers breaking through people’s front doors and shooting them dead in their homes or strip searching innocent motorists on the side of the road, these instances of abuse are continually validated by a judicial system that kowtows to virtually every police demand, no matter how unjust, no matter how in opposition to the Constitution.

T he U.S. Supreme Court Is Marching in Lockstep with the Police State

Here is a list of recent supreme court decisions that have taken us to where were at. These are not all of the decisions but many of them.

This link would make a great thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The problem is massive

I don't see the effort here giving it a fair shot either.. Here is the problem..

You have....

Municipal
County
State
Federal

Jailers
Prison Guards
Constables
Reserve Officers

That's just the short list

You all call them "police" and they are all potential law enforcement ...

Add to that 50 states with 50 different justice systems, each state divided into counties or parishes, well you get the idea..

The FBI sends out a data sheet for departments to complete and they make the determination as to what categories..

In other words..

YOU'RE BLAMING THE WRONG PEOPLE

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Sorry I missed that link.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: semperfortis
The Justice Department was ordered to do this 20 years ago. No such thing has happened yet. FBI openly admits that they keep no records of shootings by law enforcement. I don't know why, but there is some reason and I really doubt it's because they're lazy.

It's hard to blame anyone because it's systemic. Most people don't care, but would start to wonder why that is that we can't find information on this subject. Why does everything have to be a big secret?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You are right and wrong at the same time

ALL shootings are recorded by the FBI that .. WAIT FOR IT.... Are SENT TO THE FBI by the agency...

Being a conspiracy site you may not want to hear it, but the FBI is actually not everywhere and must rely on what the individual 17 THOUSAND or so PDs and 5 THOUSAND Federal Offices and UMPTEEN Jails and Prisons and Sheriff's offices SEND THEM..

It is pure simplification and a MASSIVE untruth to say "Well they are hiding something" or "It's a cover up" NOT AT ALL..

Even the stats the FBI does put out are in no way 100%.. Some agencies do not accept federal grants and so have no obligation to report to the FBI..

Sorry but NO CONSPIRACY here.. Just everyday facts

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I promise to never post to this site again as long as it keeps my internet from getting fouled up. I'm sorry guys. I didn't think it was that big a deal.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfens
I promise to never post to this site again as long as it keeps my internet from getting fouled up. I'm sorry guys. I didn't think it was that big a deal.

God forbid anybody even suggests a conspiracy on conspiracy site !!!

It's Gordian's Knot all tied up.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

We really need Grand Juries to stop this nonsense. Maybe ballot measures, or laws, authorizing the explicit return of Common Law People's Grand Juries?

That way those groups forming them can move forward confidently.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join