It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS 'betraying' Muslims, Calgary imam says before hunger strike

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm glad he's doing this and making it public; if you listen to most muslim imams and intellectuals you will find that they are against these twisted thugs.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
Ah ,how ZEN and equally impotent.

Can you elaborate please ?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

This is exactly what I want to see, and is a good first step.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I personally think ISIS are a true embodiment of a Muslim as per the Koran. There is nothing this lot are doing that the Koran doesn't tell them to do, they re fighting the Infidel, they are striking the necks of disbeliever's, giving the option to convert or die, striking terror into disbeliever's, applying the protection tax (Jizya I think)...and the list goes on and on. I don't see ISIS as fundamentalist, but rather applying the fundamentals of Islam and it's holy book the Koran and following their Prophet Mohammed in everything he did. Mohammed would be proud of this bunch.

The book is the problem. If other Muslims have a problem with these lot "actually applying" the principles of the book (Koran) and the biography of Mohammed then they should seriously reconsider their position as a Muslim. Some here may say "Oh but those verses were abrogated and it's not correct any more". Well that is rubbish as ISIS are practising exactly what Mohammed did up to his last day on earth. And I bet this Imam will swear black and blue that Mohammed was the most perfect person to have ever lived and yet Mohammed was doing the exact same thing ISIS is doing.

People need to know that Allah wants his disciples (every Muslim) to fight disbelief and raise the flag of Allah on all 4 corners of the globe. ISIS are just trying to do that.
edit on 23-8-2014 by fishwhisperer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: fishwhisperer

surely scholars who actually study Qur'an know better than you?

One of the fundamental truths established by the sacred texts is that no one can be compelled to accept Islam. It is the duty of Muslims to establish the proof of Islam to the people so that truth can be made clear from falsehood. After that, whoever wishes to accept Islam may do so and whoever wishes to continue upon unbelief may do so. No one should be threatened or harmed in any way if he does not wish to accept Islam.

it is interesting how you agree with ISIS; they say they represent Islam and you accept it, you agree with them completely disregarding what the Muslims and scholars of Islam are saying.

Allah says: “If it had been your Lord’s will, all of the people on Earth would have believed. Would you then compel the people so to have them believe?” [Sûrah Yûnus: 99]

Allah says: “So if they dispute with you, say ‘I have submitted my whole self to Allah, and so have those who follow me.’ And say to the People of the Scripture and to the unlearned: ‘Do you also submit yourselves?’ If they do, then they are on right guidance. But if they turn away, your duty is only to convey the Message. And in Allah’s sight are all of His servants.” [Sûrah Âl `Imrân: 20]

Allah says: “The Messenger’s duty is but to proclaim the Message.” [Sûrah al-Mâ’idah: 99]

Allah says: “Allah forbids you not with regard to those who neither fight against you for your faith nor drive you out of your homes from dealing kindly and justly with them, for Allah loves those who are just.” [Sûrah al-Mumtahanah: 9-10]

what you're trying to do here is to take some verses out of context; exactly what the ISIS is doing.

ISIS is not representing Islam.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This Imam is in Canada.

I doubt he would do this if he wasn't there.

I do not mean to question his sincerity or faith, only the sad fact that faced with threat to your life, and without a powerful nation to protect and support you, your mind can bend in order to increase your chances of survival.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

Not taking anything out of context at all. I may have cherry picked a few hardline truths straight out of the Koran, but you have cherry picked a few as well specifically the Meccan verses prior moving to Medina where the Koran has a soft approach. The Medina verses are full of hate and war against the Infidel.

And as alleged Prophet of God Mohammed was doing the exact same thing these ISIS cowards are doing, Did you know Mohammed beheaded 700 people in one day, did you know that Mohammed beheaded every male and young man in a village who had started growing pubic hair and enslaved the females for sale and ransom and even married a woman the same day after making her watch her husband get beheaded. It's all there if one wants to read it. Bringing up these softer Koranic verses is a typical response from Muslims trying to justify Islam as supposedly peaceful.

ISIS are just following the same example of their Prophet pure and simple which I why I say Mohammed would be proud of them. Don't get me wrong, they need wiping out, but sadly another lot will eventually rise up.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I live 2 hours from Calgary and have heard nothing about this.

Anyway a 48 hour hungry strike....yes...that will certainly do absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
It is a first step, the big sweeping change some people are looking for have to begin with a first step.

Only the future can show if this will lead to anything better, I for one am happy to see a first step because that shows some people on the other side do want to live in peace.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile

Anyway a 48 hour hungry strike....yes...that will certainly do absolutely nothing.

Not because you haven't heard about it, it didn't happen.

Absolutely nothing you say ? Well, it was enough to offend ISIS...

Imam receives death threat, says IS recruiting in Canada

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes sir. It is like the ZEN buddists who burn themselves to protest. THe Imam would have to have some perceived value to ISIS. As they have expressed their distaste for moderate ISLAM , I would rather the moderate voice LIVE and THEY are destroyed,but unless I miss my guess we are locked in a revenge circle where the best killer wins. We have short memories due to our media saturation and hectic lives. The average middle eastern young man has ...sand ,their family and ISLAM. the hostiles are using them as shields so we will kill them TOO now and there it is.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Maybe if "protests" such as this spread as quickly and widely as the Ice bucket craze we would all live in a better place?!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

originally posted by: resistanceisfutile

Not because you haven't heard about it, it didn't happen.

Absolutely nothing you say ? Well, it was enough to offend ISIS...

Imam receives death threat, says IS recruiting in Canada

oh my god...it offend ISIS... well now they will most defiantly stop the carnage...or will they just now kill 100 people in protest of his hungry strike...hopefully not or that man will then have live knowing his 48 hour strike caused them to retaliate with executions with his hunger strike...
edit on 23-8-2014 by resistanceisfutile because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by resistanceisfutile because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: resistanceisfutile
And the "dumbest comment I have read today" award, goes to you sir.

edit on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 18:48:53 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Of course.
The past time of chucking stones from one's glass house is a favorite human past time.
Far easier to judge others than to judge one's self.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I understand that this Imam is a Shia Muslim. So in my view his hunger strike doesn't hold any weight. He might as well strike because IS are Sunni Muslims!!. In IS's view he is an apostate/infidel/Kuffar anyway and is already marked for death along with the rest of us.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Concerning your avatar i see you are a Sufi, or derwisj if the persian word is used?

There seem to be many interpretations of islam, thus muslims fighting each other.
Shiite and sunni muslims, but also kurds while 90 percent has islam as its religion and yazidi of whom a lot are threatened to be killed in Iraq.
There is a long list of extremist islamic groups fighting and killing on a global scale, such as hamas, al nusra, al qaeda, al shabaab, boko haram, hezbollah, taliban, isis (now known as is=islamic state) and a lot more less known groups which will grow and become famous in the near future.
This is the fruit of the islamic tree and which brings a raging terror on a global scale.
So many lives destroyed by them through the use of their tactics such as suicide bombings, hijackings, kidnappings, executions, in Europe, Afrika, Amerika and Asia.

I know i am attacking the islamic religion with this message, and although your flavor of islam might be moderate, you will not like to read such a post in which islam is critized.
There is big support for isis and other extremist islamic groups, we should not concentrate on a certain group such as isis, but see it as a part of extreme islam which got their name because of the place in which they fight and the state they have created.
Be it isis, hamas, or any other group, it is extremist islam at play.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I must admit like poster, DeadSeraph, I too have criticized the Muslim world for not Making a Point to Call these Animals What they Are, Murdering Scum,,, Not Muslim!
It was so upsetting to me that many were Silent as their Sister's and Brother's and Children have been Butchered!

Thank You samsamm9 for bringing this our into the light.
I only hope more and more of your Muslim Brothers and Sisters Stand up and Make Themselves Heard and Support this Man.
Sorry, I'm Ranting, Please forgive an Old Cold Warrior that they won't let Fight Anymore!
Love the Kurds, Friendliest and Warmest People I've had the Pleasure to know in a long time, was there in 81.

edit on 24-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthling42

Concerning your avatar i see you are a Sufi, or derwisj if the persian word is used?

There seem to be many interpretations of islam, thus muslims fighting each other.
Shiite and sunni muslims, but also kurds while 90 percent has islam as its religion and yazidi of whom a lot are threatened to be killed in Iraq.
There is a long list of extremist islamic groups fighting and killing on a global scale, such as hamas, al nusra, al qaeda, al shabaab, boko haram, hezbollah, taliban, isis (now known as is=islamic state) and a lot more less known groups which will grow and become famous in the near future.
This is the fruit of the islamic tree and which brings a raging terror on a global scale.
So many lives destroyed by them through the use of their tactics such as suicide bombings, hijackings, kidnappings, executions, in Europe, Afrika, Amerika and Asia.

I know i am attacking the islamic religion with this message, and although your flavor of islam might be moderate, you will not like to read such a post in which islam is critized.
There is big support for isis and other extremist islamic groups, we should not concentrate on a certain group such as isis, but see it as a part of extreme islam which got their name because of the place in which they fight and the state they have created.
Be it isis, hamas, or any other group, it is extremist islam at play.

How can it be considered extremist when they are conducting themselves in the exact same way their Prophet did ?. Islam was born this way, why can't people understand this ?. Mohammed's biography is full of this type of behaviour and practices and it's been happening for centuries. As I said earlier, for a Muslim to denounce this behaviour, is to also denounce Mohammed. And since all Muslim's consider Mohammed the most perfect person to have ever walked the face of this Earth, despite the fact that he was a murderer, thief, paedophile & rapist, It will never happen as it should!!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   
It's idiotic that someone has to do this in the other part of the world to satisfy group of people just because he is a Muslim. Guess what, most victims ISIS killed were Muslims, so I think it has to be pretty obvious for someone with a working brain that most Muslims do not support them.

Why does one has to prove himself just to satisfy few idiots? Wouldn't it be easier if someone just laid few fact in front of them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join