It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casa Batlló (Barcelona) - By Antoni Gaudí

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I saved the links about this house in my computer for a while, I'm surprised it haven't been treated here before. You must watch this, and please DONT FORGET the virtual tour.

Enigmatic modernist work built by the renowned Catalan architect Antoni Gaudí. Located in the heart of Barcelona, ​​more precisely on Avenida Paseo de Gracia (Passeig de Gracia, in Catalan), the building was erected between 1904 and 1906 (if they go to the city, do not forget to visit!)

In this work of wavy like the back of an animal with scales tornasoladas- ceilings, Gaudí sent to ring the exterior walls to shape waved and then fill them with stained glass and ceramic discs. Organic forms of light and color are some of the details to note in this wonderful piece of architecture.

Here the link for the virtual tour : www.casabatllo.es...

Sources :

www.espacioliving.com...
www.casabatllo.es...
edit on 22-8-2014 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

A great building. I had the pleasure of attending a press event inside the Casa Battló some years ago, around 2000. Spectacular place but the lack of right angles messes with your head after a few glasses of cava

Edit: just tried the virtual tour. If you are on an iphone it's a proper VR tour you can move around by tilting your phone. Nice!
edit on 22-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

join