It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory concerning the great pyramids of Egypt

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slugi also believe that the egyptians did have some sort of trade with countries like south america, because many substances found in mummies and tombs would not be there otherwise and that the land masses would have been closer together at the start of the egyptian dynasties.

Now, this is something that I have become quite convinced of through my limited research. I believe that these ancient cultures definitely had some sort of trade. I dont think they were established trade routes like we would see in later generations but I believe that they had some form of contact. I mean, if they could have such an advanced culture for the time why wouldn't they have tried to explore unknown regions of the planet. It's human nature to want to explore.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why has the person who claims to have seen pictures/heiroglyphs depicting how the pyramids were constructed not responded with links to said pictures?

I would dearly like to see them, but unfortunately all my google searches end up with links to other things, such as the theforbiddenknowledge.com site.

I am interested in calculating the possibility of moving large blocks of stone on wooden rollers or with winch type devices. I've watched and read the stuff at theforbiddenknowledge.com but I am unsure if this guy could actually scale up his theories to blocks the size of the ones I have seen at Stonehenge (50 tons). The information I have on the weight of Pyramid stones says 15 tons max. Is that correct?

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I think that there was a time when long-forgotten godly beings inhabited this earth. The Great Pyramids are their enduring monuments. But they are more than merely decorative structures of unparralelled majesty; they are part of a message which has not been fully grasped by anyone.
I do believe there is some credibility towards the thought that the Pyramids spell out a warning concerning the precessional nature of earth's orbit around our star. However, I don't believe this was the true purpose of the pyramids; just a neat little add-on.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I just thought I wuld throw out a few methods they could of used...

1. A teetertotter method. The heavy stone on one side and a box large net basket on the other. Dropping smaller rocks into the basket would eventually equal out the wieght and therfore raising the stone and also alowing them to pivet the stone side to side as well.

2. Using distance to gain height. Making several a long ramps only gaining very little height then zigzag back keeping that same height then going back gaining more height till eventually they gain the overall height they need.

3. Gearing systems and bearings. Once the pyramid gained height they could use the pyramid itself as a way to move stones. They could have the stone on one side of the pyramid attached to the stone being moved. On the other side of the pyramid a basket or box where again they would add small rocks at a time gaining more weight and the bigger stone would start to lift. Also at the top of the pyramid they would have a bearing or tree that the rope lays over and spins freely. Or another twist to this, is a gear system on ground the rope twists around and powered by men and horses. #4 could partly be part of a tie down system or water method. the use of smaller pyramids closer by could also have been used to build larger ones. That might be why many pyramids was grouped together.

4. Using water to move stones. They had lots of water from the river. The chambers inside and under the pyramid itself could have been used as a tie off for the ropes or used in some way with water. using water on slanted surfaces to give a slick surface, Or using the sheer weight of the water itself. Many ways they could of done this. All of these are feasible. Remember they had massive man power and horse power.

Furthermore, I have read stories before of cranes and what not would buckle today lifting 2 to 3 ton blocks. That is just hogwash. Junk yards move 2 ton vehicles all day long with a big magnet. Cranes larger than that have huge counterweights and better designs so don't believe everything you hear. The average weight of a stone used in the pyramid was 2 to 2.5 tons. I think people underestimate what thousands of men and horses can do. that's my 4 1/2 cents.

-Sean

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
You have some interesting theories there Sean. I have heard of the ramp method and I believe it is one of the more widely accepted theories out there. I have never really contemplated the idea that they could have used the pyramids themselves as a tool in there own construction. One thing is certain, they were pretty ingenious when it came to constructing these monuments. They devised ways to build these massive structures with the materials they had available to them. I remember seeing how they brought massive stones together by using pockets of sand. They would poke holes in the cloth, containing the sand, and let it slowly pour out bringing the stones neatly together. I believe, unfortunately, that we will probably never know exactly how they constructed the pyramids and that fact alone will keep the theories coming.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Outside the box would be to answer the methods in which they were constructed by man, what you are doing is throwing around ideas that have no basis and are just plain silly, not outside the box.

I disagree that any throwng around of ideas can be silly. Usage of ideas is where silliness comes in at times. I put it to you that theorizing about the methods by which the pyramids were constructed could lead us to ideas which would be of use to us today in some way. Why just look at the pyramids as stone structres comporable to microvave ovens. They are prominent achievments and a credit to whatever impulse drove the Egyptians to build them. The inspiration behind them is indeed alien. Perhaps not in a little green men way but in a way that we do not continiue the practise so the motivations and methods of doing so are now alien to us.
True enough that the pyramids were used to store the remains of Pharoahs but I also have jam jars that contain nails and screws. Ihave also seen a tv turned into a fish tank. It was a common practise in the ancient Egyptian world for the Pharoah to assert his spiritual supremecy by manipulating the works of his predecessors to serve his own purpose.

I put forth the suggestion that the real motivations behind the pramids remains unknown and perhaps unknowable as yet. At the present it is also becoming more difficult for westernrs to study them. Read inot that what you will. I am all for the throwing around of ideas and doing away with the 'box' or 'square' altogether in such circumstances. It cant hurt, only the realisation of ideas can do that.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesBlonde
They are prominent achievments and a credit to whatever impulse drove the Egyptians to build them. The inspiration behind them is indeed alien. Perhaps not in a little green men way but in a way that we do not continiue the practise so the motivations and methods of doing so are now alien to us.

Good point. I believe that we need to look at these monumental structures as one of mans greatest achievments. To not give credit to those who constructed them, in my opinon, is completely wrong. These strucures should be viewed as a tetsament to what man can accomplish if he puts his mind to it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The pyramids were build and designed by people I don't know why someone should have doubts about it. The people have build the Great chinese wall, that is clearky human built structure and is much larger. Do you thiink aliens would use STONE??? Why not some more "advanced" material. And there are not only drawings, but other archeological material such as the villages where the workers were living etc. One of the smaller not completed pyramids has even the ramp for stone transport on it!
Besides Herodotos writes that all Egyptians said that the Cheops pyramid was build by Cheops who "brought the poverty to all the country people". They have so hated him that they destroyed his body after death. That was one of the reasons why next pyramids were build smaller.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
I also believe that the egyptians did have some sort of trade with countries like south america, because many substances found in mummies and tombs would not be there otherwise and that the land masses would have been closer together at the start of the egyptian dynasties.

While it could be possible that egyptians had some contacts with South America it is highly unlikely. Also the South American mummies were prepared completely different to the Egyptian ones. The Aztec /Mayan pyramids were also different. There are also other things - South Americans knew nothing about metals like bronze, there is large gap between egyptian and SA civilization (That means in SA they should build greek temples instead of pyramids).

[edit on 30-3-2005 by longbow]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I graduated University with a Bachelor's in Near Eastern Art and Archaelogy.

The best explanations I ever heard was that they used the Nile's natural flooding to move the stones.

And anything is possible when you mix human ingenuity with the fact that the workers are working for what they perceive to be a God (Pharoah).

If you're slow, you die and you get replaced. And you're happy to do it for the embodiment of the holy on Earth.

It always kinda pisses me off to see people who have no clue about Ancient Egypt's history who claim they are certain that it was aliens who built the pyramids. It's an insult to human ingenuity.

And as for the "fact" that they're not tombs, I would love to see a link to that, because the ancient Egyptian record explicitly states that the pyramids were burial mounds.

please provide links.

jako

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

yes I remember the comments that there were no mummies found there. It was all a lie, in the beginning they said they were for the czars, makes you wonder what they were trying to cover up.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by StarChild

Yes it has been online that the people who came in UFO'S were us coming back from the future, to try to change the timeline of how the world would get destroyed and try to prevent it. When they came back, it worked out terrible because the instrument they used to get here was destroyed which only gave us another timeline to deal with now in the near future.
Also they came to get Human DNA because we were soon to be extinct. Well they sure have messed that up with all the radiation and uranium being exposed to us now. Let's hope somebody has enough experience to freeze some DNA for a later date if needed. I noticed someone has put plans on the web to exterminate the white race If we go to war with Iran. But who knows the Illusion is thick as peanut butter to the way to peanut brittle. They are hiding or contriving something huge.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Great Pyramid was not built as a tomb for the Pharaoh Khufu - The only indication of that is is graffiti.
As for Hieroglyphs or paintings depicting them built - that is non sense - Sure Egyptians tried to emulate what already existed but in comparison the stepped pyramid is a joke and crumbling down.
The tradition of burial is not seen in the great Pyramid IE No paintings depicting the "Coming Forth by Day" of the Pharaohs soul.
There are too many mathematical and Astronomical representations to deny that the builders were very scientifically advanced.
The dating of the Great Pyramid as are the true history and dates of the Kings list is far from accurately translated.
The Pyramids of Giza certainly point to a knowledge of the movement of the Heavens - But for what purpose?
I have my own ideas which I will keep to myself but so far the established and accepted are based on rocky foundations.
As for the culture of the Ancient Egyptians - western thinkers are but fools who translate meanings by comparison with our age and they have made a new Mythology of their own and failed to grasp the mindset of our ancients

edit on 7-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join