learn more

My theory concerning the great pyramids of Egypt

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Things the Egyptians did that we can't do today:

Build amazing huge structures without the use of computers and heavy building machinery...

Ascertain their precise aspects with regards to the sun throughout the year, without surveying equipment...

Ascertain astronomical data to a high degree of precision without Telescopes...

Run a highly organised civilisation without fossil fuel, nuclear power or the resultant pollution and environmental degredation...

It is possible that some of the ideas persued by our current civilisation have been considered in the ancient world (i.e. usuary), but were seen to be destructive, piontless and retarded.

It is ironic that a society such as ours that teeters on the brink of it's own destruction, should see itself as so vastly superior to civilisations of the past.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flange Gasket

Build amazing huge structures without the use of computers and heavy building machinery...

Ascertain their precise aspects with regards to the sun throughout the year, without surveying equipment...

Run a highly organised civilisation without fossil fuel, nuclear power or the resultant pollution and environmental degredation...

It is possible that some of the ideas persued by our current civilisation have been considered in the ancient world (i.e. usuary), but were seen to be destructive, piontless and retarded.

It is ironic that a society such as ours that teeters on the brink of it's own destruction, should see itself as so vastly superior to civilisations of the past.

Different times require different resources. They didn't need oil, but they DID need the inundation of the nile for farming. Would that not have happened, what would they do? To pick out 8 things about there civilization and compare them to ours and say they were superior is just wrong. I'll grant you, they did some amazing stuff, but some of the most minute things could have ruined their civilization, whereas today, a minute problem is merely a speedbump in the road.

It is amazing what they did with the lack of technology they had, which is probably the main basis of research on the subject...DID they actually do that stuff, or were they possibly given the information to do it from another source? Who knows....

jra

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Well the use of computers in architecture is pretty recent. At most around the last 20-30 year's i'd figure. There are a lot of impressive modern strutures that have been built since. They might not be comprised of hundreds of 2 tonne blocks, but still...

Ascertain their precise aspects with regards to the sun throughout the year, without surveying equipment... [/qoute]

Is that known for sure that they did not have any surveying equipment of any sort? Or just that none has been found? I'd assume they would have had something, although probably more primitive. I guess that's all speculation though.

Well you don't need telescopes to track stars I don't think. There are other methods to tracking there movements.

There have been many highly organised civilisations that worked without the need for fossil fuels. Our dependency on them only really stared in around the 18th century more or less.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by jra]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm being set up as a strawman here...

I never said that Egyptian society was superior to ours, check my post...

I mearly sought to illustrate that just because our society has greater use of technology, does not nessecarily mean we are more civilised, or that our culture is better for humanity or the planet.

Modern society is not a product of structured devlopment, it has evolved as much by accident and commercial pressure as by improvement. We can kid ourselves we are civilised, but are still at war, still destroying the earth and millions still die of starvation and lack of potable water. We have made such profound scientific discoveries but in so many ways we are still savages.

I for one would would welcome a more thoughtful, sustainable and less materialistic society where knowledge and wisdom go hand in hand.

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Flange Gasket]

jra

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Hmmm I think we're just misinterpreting one anothers posts. I took your previous post as if it we're writen with a bit of sarcasm. Basicly saying that they couldn't have built the pyramids without proper surveying equipment and all that stuff. My apologies

I for one would would welcome a more thoughtful, sustainable and less materialistic society where knowledge and wisdom go hand in hand.

I couldn't agree with that more.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

No, the real question is, could you find anybody without reverting to slavery or uneeded high pay to achieve this. Man had built structures bigger than Giza years before we incorporated the computer with construction designs.

Sure we could do this, other cultures (primitive) did similar things as well. But why would modern man build huge structures to align them with the sun? The primitives did so because they had recently discovered this new science and wanted to apply it, somehow.

Sure this can be done. There are sailors today who use the stars and astronomical data to guide their ships. I think it is a bit odd that you say that, the reason the telescope came about was to achieve further precision of the stars.

You got me there, but this is due to the fact that we have evolved out of the divine right theory, caste system, and slave system. (at least here in the US)

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Maybe they ran water over the surface to heat it for the pharoahs bath?

That is most probable. In fact one of the better explanations why pyramids were built.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MankoW

Originally posted by instar
Maybe they ran water over the surface to heat it for the pharoahs bath?

That is most probable. In fact one of the better explanations why pyramids were built.

That is a new one there! It probably would have worked though. I bet these things absorb alot of heat during the day and radiate some warmth at night. When they were coated with granite they were probably visible from miles as their reflection would ahve been amazing. Sort of like a a half buried diamond in the desert. They must have added to the surrounding tempature as this glare was probably pretty intense on a sunny summer day. I remeber reading recently about a new building on the west coast, maybe LA, that is going to have it's metal coating "brushed" in order to keep the glare down. It seems that it was heating the area up and surrounding buildings were suffering.

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
what if the pyramids in the day were like Vegas at night? no i dont mean slot machines, hookers and general other fun stuff, but if you are within i know from experience, 100 miles of Vegas at night, youll find it by following the light. Given that camels dont have headlights, and a torch only lights up so much, maybe the pyramids were built as a beacon for travelers to find their way there. See the glare, follow it until it becomes too hot to continue on, rest i midday, follow the glare until the sun sets. Vegas uses glitz and glamour to attract patrons, why wouldnt ancient egypt do the same thing? the more you have as a civilization, the "better" you are as one. If they wanted to be the best, what better way to get desert wanderers to come and see what that great light in the distance during the day time no les was all about

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Thats an interesting theory you have there question. On a sunny day these monuments had to be highly reflective and visible from a far. I still think though, that the granite was probably used for cosmetic purposes.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond

Now to address the idea that large quantities of chemicals were poured through the pyramids to fuel any sort of power generating process.

That's almost humorous - I never heard anyone imply they were fossil fuel burning generators. . If they were harnessing or focusing some energy the fuel may have been mother earth, it's gravity, some harmonic frequency, or some other force beyond our understanding. Or maybe it's something very simple that we do understand and still use today gravity & water, but just a different design.

1. We haven't found any devices that need to be powered. If the Egyptians built a giant microwave then where is all the fossilized jiffy pop?

While they may have not had electric razors, like all civilizations they did need water to survive. One of the theories presented is that the power they provided was pumping water - which translates to growing crops, milling grain etc.

From John Cadman Research page Bobby Schmidt wrote telling of observing "two symmetrical tunnels leading from the base of the Pyramid attributed to Chefron had been excavated. What was very intriguing about these two tunnels was the fact that they were leading down the hill toward the old shoreline of the River Nile, possibly at the Sphinx Temples. They were constructed from squared stone, completely enclosed (one large roof part had been removed so to allow for peering into the tunnel itself), and they ran in what appeared to be very straight parallel lines toward the ancient shoreline.

Just because they didn't harness energy the way we do (providing electricity transported on wires) doesn't mean they didn't harness & use the energy in other ways.

Note that the biggest man made modern structures on earth even today just happen to be energy harnessing hydroelectric DAMS. I think that's a good clue for us to ponder. While they may not be as elegant - they peform quite well.

What do you intelligent debunkers think of the pyramids were the water pumping station theory? I noticed nobody has mentioned it yet.

IF that were true, it almost appears like they would have had to manually transport water to prime the pump, but once the pumps started going they just had to keep it maintained. Once the river disappeared (changed course) the civilization that once lived there disappeared with it. It's possible it ran many generations beyond those who originally designed & built them. Later the secondary use may have been - burial chambers for great leaders. One could ask why did we lose this technology - One thing for sure we can all agree on is most men in the past were not educated enough to read & thus only a very few had access to technology. Wars or disasters could have easily buried this type of information if it was in not widely published & read as technology is today. Besides there may have been modern circumstances or other technology that made that technology obsolete or not cost effective for a period of time long enough to have been forgotten. Now that we are running out of fossil fuels and destroying our climate, technologies like this may again have a use - on a fractionally smaller scale of course.

In an enclosed area such as the insides of they pyramids the residues left by any sort of material passed through them would likely never disappear. I am firmly convinced that if any type of chemical had ever been run through the pyramids for any purpose we would be ready able to identify some level of residue in the pyramids.

Good point - I wonder if there's any evidence of water residue there?

[edit on 19-12-2004 by outsider]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Just a couple of thoughts:
1. Flange Gasket - I've seen the capstone lying on the ground near the Great Pyramid with my own eyes... what's the theory about it never having been put on? (please)
2. Anyone - Where can I get my pyramid-nuked jiffy-pop?

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Pynylopy]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 05:54 AM
link   
from an economical perspective, how many dynasties would it take before the Giza "powerplant" to produce enough evergy breaks even for all the Gigawatts of energy put in by building the structure?

Still the fact that we have found many scriptures about their culture, but not actual blueprints of how actually build them strucures keeps tickling the mind....

During their heydays it must have been an absolutely astonishing site for the casual barbaric visitor from the north or the south: the huge structures in perfect condition, with the shiny white limecoating and the very top goldplated...awsome

[edit on 29-12-2004 by Countermeasures]

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
Originally, the Pyramids were covered with limestone, which as you should know, reflects sunlight. At the right rotation of the Earth, in co-op with the Sun, these Pyramids would have been able to be seen from Space.

My theory is that they were built as some sort of "HELP" sign to the stars.

The theory about them being used as tombs for Pharaohs has been debunked, and there is no evidence supporting any other real theory, so everything is essentially theoretical.

Mr. M

maybe there is something like this on Titan there is a verry bright spot on it southern pole. which scientist can figure out.

for my reply to the topic...

currently I am still reading a book called the stargate conspiracy.
and there is a storie in it which speaks of the earth mars connection
a link between egypt and cydonia. (the area of the face and the piramides on mars) but I haven't finished the book but think some people know more.
oh there is a theory that all diferent races are created by engineren with the black people which were the original and native people of this planet the rest is space bound related as a kind of experiment. also in the book I am reading but they got it from somewhre else.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I too have read a lot about the pyramids. Granted they could have been just a big cool building that they built just to see if they could. Though, the one thing I do know is that mathmatics is the universal language. With all the mathmatics put into the pyramids I have to believe that someone was wanting to get a message to the following civilizations knowing that there would always be a genious out there able to translate. Also with the mathmatics theory, unless you were a genious you would not think anything of it therefore you wouldnt waste your time distroying it. Unlike the fancy pictures. With those you take a risk of no one being able to translate, not to mention the risk of them not being there later.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i say its still possible that it was built as a memorial or burial place, i mean, we still (err, in the last century at least) have built monuments with no real economic purpose, the tourist dollars not counting. Just go to washington DC and you'll see dozens of such monuments...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I agree Zeta, there is a superficial interest in building many of today's structures. But the tomb theory doesn't explain every facet of the pyramid's structure, the power plant theory does and very explicitly at that.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

They fail to account for things like the paintings and references showing stones being transported, the mastabas, the step pyramids, and the other pyramids, as well as the burial chambers and the sarcophagi.

There was never any evidence found in the three great pyramids of any burial, nor any bodies found. No evidence that they were used for burial at all. No writing, pictures, paintings (except debatable "graffitti" in one pyramid") were found in any of the three pyramids that point to what they were used for.

I believe that they were used as cosmic markers and that original design of the pyramids were laid out many centuries before the first dynasty. I think the early egyptians completed a vast project begun 11,000BC and incorporated their own markers into the pyramids, namely the star shafts pointing to various important stars at roughly 2300BC.

I would like to know what evidence there is for burial at the three great pyramids.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i have read and watched a fair amount of things relating to the pyramids.

one program did go into detail about how some pyramids could be buried under the sands, as there are mentions in hieroglyphs of particular paraohs
having pyramid which are as to yet undiscovered.

i also believe that the egyptians did have some sort of trade with countries like south america, because many substances found in mummies and tombs would not be there otherwise and that the land masses would have been closer together at the start of the egyptian dynasties.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I believe that the basic structure of the Pyramids were to be seen from space, and they do have "Quantifiable" properties. As a channeling apparatus, or conductive energy provider, it may be to converge several vectoring energies to a single output. I like the "Giza engine" idea, but in a slightly different way.
Take the base area, and exponentially concentrate any radiative powers toward the top, increasing to a level that would send a signal to space, or even all the way to the planet of the beings who REALLY built them.
This could be from the use of sunlight being directed throughout the pyramid via small gaps, shafts, etc. I also think a bit of magnetism is being employed, as well as natural radiant energy from the earth surface.
Remember those razor blade sharpeners? Small pyramids with a little shelf at the top to set a dull razor in for a few days, and voila! Sharp again!
I dont know if they work, never used one, but know of people who have with mixed response. Shapes have powers, and finding the right combinations of these "mathmatical energizers" is something the Alien has been trying to teach us. If the government would just stay the hell out of the "UFO\Alien" business, we should probably make some advances whereas these "Aliens" never seek Military\Government, only regular citizens. They know where they will find "truths", and empowering individuals and NOT any restrictive entities, ie. Military etc. will make a faster transition to the levels of knowledge they wish to impart.
Well, I've said too much already, just wanted to help ya'll get ready for the next transition!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join