It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My theory concerning the great pyramids of Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I have seen a lot of topics on the pyramids of Egypt, since becoming a member here, and I have found them very interesting. I just wanted to offer my thoughts on the subject and offer up my theories.
The ancient pyramids of Giza have always been a wonder to behold. They are so spectacular, that they have spawned many incredible stories of how they were constructed and why. Were they built with alien help? Could they have been huge power sources or a type of communications device? Do they conceal a massive, ancient, library or a stargate to another world? These and many other theories have been proposed and it�s easy to see why as these monuments are truly amazing.
My theory is a little less spectacular though. What if these spectacular structures were just grand achievements of man? Take children�s building blocks, for instance, and what is the easiest and most stable structure to build�.a pyramid. Could it have been that in order to build structures this massive they had to choose a pyramid design? I know they were advanced, but could it be that this was the only method they had discovered to build something on this level? Now, I know they had built other structures, not of this design, but were any this massive? There is no doubting that the Egyptians were an amazing people and had a complex understanding of architecture but I believe some of these theories are a bit of a stretch. Could these massive monuments just be an example of the ingenuity of man? I mean think about it, if you had thousands of people working towards one goal, night and day, what could you accomplish? It�s my opinion that the Egyptians were an amazing people that had a good working knowledge of quarrying large stones, moving these �mammoths� over long distances, and placing these massive stones in place. Exactly how they did this is still a bit of a mystery but did it really take aliens to create these? I think we should look at these �monuments� as one of mans greatest accomplishments and give credit where credit is do. Of course, this is just my opinion, and I hope someone can truly prove me wrong as it would be truly wonderful if I was wrong.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Originally, the Pyramids were covered with limestone, which as you should know, reflects sunlight. At the right rotation of the Earth, in co-op with the Sun, these Pyramids would have been able to be seen from Space.

My theory is that they were built as some sort of "HELP" sign to the stars.

The theory about them being used as tombs for Pharaohs has been debunked, and there is no evidence supporting any other real theory, so everything is essentially theoretical.

Mr. M

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarChild
The theory about them being used as tombs for Pharaohs has been debunked, and there is no evidence supporting any other real theory, so everything is essentially theoretical.

Mr. M

I didn't know that the theory of them being tombs had been debunked. If this is the case then things are getting interesting.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Read "The Giza Power Plant" by Christopher Dunn. He explains how the egyptians used the pyramids to produce microwave radiation. He presents an unparalleled case, because his theory is the only one that I'm familiar with that explains everything about the structure!

Giza Powerplant
Giza Pyamid site

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Interesting website ledbedder20. I could spend hours reading there. A preliminary observation though is that they speculate about the precision and squarness of granite boxes. I can see how it would take what we consider to be advanced technology to do it. We can also be talking about forgotten technology. A simple way to do things naturally that was somehow forgotten in the intervening generations. I am also reminded that some cultures thought that 90 degree corners would allow transition between dimensions. It was also a place where evil could hide. If you have no corners, then evil has a harder time hiding and beings from other dimensions have a harder time entering. Maybe a perfectly straight and square corner allows the evil dimensional beings to come flying in on a perfect vector to our reality.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   
As far as I know, the only "debunking" I know of the pyramids has been by people who

a) can't read the hieroglyphics
b) have never been to Egypt and never been on a dig
c) sit at home and think up things
d) don't know a thing about the culture.

They fail to account for things like the paintings and references showing stones being transported, the mastabas, the step pyramids, and the other pyramids, as well as the burial chambers and the sarcophagi.

No, the pyramids aren't microwave generators. They don't have any of the structure needed to make microwaves -- and if they somehow HAD made microwaves, people working in them and tourists and so forth would become very ill just going inside them.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Interesting website ledbedder20. I could spend hours reading there. A preliminary observation though is that they speculate about the precision and squarness of granite boxes. I can see how it would take what we consider to be advanced technology to do it. We can also be talking about forgotten technology. A simple way to do things naturally that was somehow forgotten in the intervening generations.

Sort of like the way Ed Leedskalnin was able to build Coral Castle, by some form of smple technology that was lost through the ages. Then again, maybe they were just covered with granite, for cosmetic reasons, and to keep the inside cool. One interesting question, though, would these things have radiated heat, at night, after a days worth of bright sun?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That much granite probably is a storehouse for thermal energy. Many passive solar designs depend on thermal mass to radiate heat to the structure. The heat would radiate out into the atmosphere through the night though.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hey Byrd do you have any links to the pages with photos that show the stones being transported?

Did not successive dynasties plaster over the previous one's accomplishments and credit them to themselves? How can we ever know what the pyramids intent was? Can we be sure that the ones who plastered them up with hieroglyphs are the ones who actually built them? Maybe the glyphs showing the transport of the stones were the ancient egyptians SPECULATING on how they were built by people ancient to them.

[edit on 12-6-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What if they were built by man? There is no what if, we know man built them. Only people with the brain capacity for two seconds claim that man could not have constructed the pyramids. Pyramids are an example of ancient mans fascination with the stars. No f-ing way you can say that the pyramids are one of mans greatest triumphs. The pyramids have no value to man, they were giant tombs built for pharoas which serve basically no purpose other than to burry dead people. Completly worthless structures, only now gaining value through tourism. The atom bomb, microwave oven, pencil, paper, calculator, and even silly puddy should be ranked above the pyramids.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty
What if they were built by man? There is no what if, we know man built them. Only people with the brain capacity for two seconds claim that man could not have constructed the pyramids. Pyramids are an example of ancient mans fascination with the stars. No f-ing way you can say that the pyramids are one of mans greatest triumphs. The pyramids have no value to man, they were giant tombs built for pharoas which serve basically no purpose other than to burry dead people. Completly worthless structures, only now gaining value through tourism. The atom bomb, microwave oven, pencil, paper, calculator, and even silly puddy should be ranked above the pyramids.

Man, Frosty why so angry over the pyramids. We are just throwing some ideas around and thinking a little outside of the box. I agree though, silly puddy did rock!!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Some of the more interesting tid bits I have found on the pyramids are the cogs in the floor indicating some type of machinery, and the salt that leeches through the interior walls. The sarcophogus they found in the main chamber had an unusually high quartz content as well which I found interesting.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief

Man, Frosty why so angry over the pyramids. We are just throwing some ideas around and thinking a little outside of the box. I agree though, silly puddy did rock!!

Outside the box would be to answer the methods in which they were constructed by man, what you are doing is throwing around ideas that have no basis and are just plain silly, not outside the box.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have a question for those who are �thinking outside the box:�

How do you account for the considerable amount of archeological evidence that clearly documents the evolution of the pyramids from simple mound tombs to the great pyramids of Giza?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What if they were built by man? There is no what if, we know man built them.

No we don't!

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Outside the box would be to answer the methods in which they were constructed by man, what you are doing is throwing around ideas that have no basis and are just plain silly, not outside the box.

Frosty, in my original post I pretty much entail what I believe but I see no problem with exploring other possibilities, even if they are remote.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark
I have a question for those who are �thinking outside the box:�

How do you account for the considerable amount of archeological evidence that clearly documents the evolution of the pyramids from simple mound tombs to the great pyramids of Giza?

I agree with you Howard, the evidence does point to them as being constructed by man. I don't see anything wrong, though, with keeping an open mind on this subject and entertaining all possibilities.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I disagree, I belive in this situation, thinking outside the box would be discussing alternative ideas explaining the construction of the pyramids against the status quo.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Experts say, that we Irish built Newgrange (Slane Co. Meath) some 2 thousand years before the Pyramids of Eygpt and prior also to stonehenge. So speaking as a proud Irishman, there was probably a couple of Irish navvies overseeing the building of the pyramids. Which explains why certain people consider them before their time.
So expanding further, this means that we in our fair green land where the torch bearers of Civilization, so truely "Irish eyes are smiling". See ye all next St. Patricks Day for a couple of pints of the black stuff.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
The Great pyramid at Giza is certainly far more than a 'simple burial mound', The ancient Egyptian name for the Giza Pyramid is 'the lights' indicating the optical effect at midday of the visible light reflection of the faces in correspondence to the time of year in concordance with the growing seasons of the Nile valley, thus the great pyramid at Giza is a enormous seasonal sundial.

The sophisication of the structure includes a three foot 'hollowing in' of the outside surfaces to account for the well known optical illusion where a large plane escarpment appears to bulge outwards. The greeks also allowed for this in the construction of their columns.

There is much to be learnt considering the allegory of the displacement of the Pyramid structure and also the reason why the apex stone was deliberately left off ('the stone the builders rejected'). Much study has been done of the geometrical aspects and constants of the pyramids in relation to the earths size,rotation and orbit yeilding too many surprises to casually mention, (see the works of Petrie,Davidson and Aldersmith)

There is a significant body of evidence that the numerical constants used to construct the pyramid at Giza are akin to those used to construct Stonehenge, and evidence that the pharoahs had trading links with the Pyramid builders of South America.

The question is not who built the pyramids, the question is who designed the pyramids?

P.S. It's Silly Putty, not Puddy!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join