It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cell Phone Video Emerges That Refutes St. Louis Cops Version of Shooting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Go to slightly before the 1:36 marker. Listen to the cops. "Drop the knife. Drop the knife."

If you want a picture of him holding a knife it's going to be hard to prove. A cell phone camera only has so much clarity - and a pocket knife is going to be hard to see.

The said it more than once.

link   
The usual replies like what if or if he. Sorry folks how about we stop talking about what if and act in accordance to what is actually happening. Hey if the guy has a lethal object in his hand and is running like crazy after someone yes shoot him, but just because he might have something in his hand and is yelling shoot me doesn't equal shoot him. I think it's time cops go back to the days where they were issued a set of well you know and start trying to deescalate situations vs trying to take the easy way out. Any moron can shoot a gun, it takes a human to be able to talk someone out of a bad situation.

link   
let me get this straight, the video is being shot even b4 the arrival of the cops.
looks like a drama of sorts harbouring of it being not real at all.
intriguing and tragic at the same time.
a play of the time paradigm, I wonder.
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

My opinion is that the guys filming knew the cops had been called, and you know how everyone loves a good spectacle. Notice the vic didn't have a beef with any body else on the street.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: jaynkeel
The usual replies like what if or if he. Sorry folks how about we stop talking about what if and act in accordance to what is actually happening. Hey if the guy has a lethal object in his hand and is running like crazy after someone yes shoot him, but just because he might have something in his hand and is yelling shoot me doesn't equal shoot him. I think it's time cops go back to the days where they were issued a set of well you know and start trying to deescalate situations vs trying to take the easy way out. Any moron can shoot a gun, it takes a human to be able to talk someone out of a bad situation.
exactly. isn't assisted suicide illegal? also, with the Brown incident fresh in people's minds, shouldn't they have been trying to be more conservative with bullets? i mean, what do they want to do, incite riots or something xD.... MURICA
edit on 8/22/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

You clearly do not know much about pepper spray and tasers then.

I was pepper sprayed directly in the eyes and still able to run a short distance and perform a take down on a human, run a short distance grab a baton and strike a bag numerous times, run a short distance and grab a radio, finally run a short distance and transmit my name and DOB backwards using the radio.

Taser's malfunction often.

Tasers and pepper spray are NOT substitutes for lethal force! If somene is coming at you with a knife you are not required and rightfuly so to use less lethal means. That goes for the police and citizens.

Good god how many times has that been said in the last few weeks.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Feel free to put on a badge and show everyone how it is done...

I won't hold my breath.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

I won't hold my breath.

It's easy for people to say cops are evil when they have never been in a life and death situation.

It's a horrible experience.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I was pepper sprayed directly in the eyes and still able to run a short distance and perform a take down on a human, run a short distance grab a baton and strike a bag numerous times, run a short distance and grab a radio, finally run a short distance and transmit my name and DOB backwards using the radio.

Tasers and pepper spray are NOT substitutes for lethal force! If somene is coming at you with a knife you are not required and rightfuly so to use less lethal means. That goes for the police and citizens.

if you can't think of a better way to diffuse this type of situation, i do not want you to be an oath keeper. distasteful.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

While I agree that Pepper Spray has differing effects on different subjects, a baton wielded by a trained officer can subdue a knife assailant very very quickly.

I'm not saying that the police were right or wrong in this situation, but with the limited training I've had in hand to hand combat, I think I might have been able to spare the guy's life. What say you?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and I couldn't care less of what you think of me.

Again feel free to put on a badge and show everyone how it is done.

What do you do for a living?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Where would you strike the armed person with the baton?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

I won't hold my breath.

It's easy for people to say cops are evil when they have never been in a life and death situation.

Yes, it is horrible. That's why cops shouldn't run into situations like this GUNG HO... notice how all these bystanders and the video taper didn't run away from this guy? he wasn't a threat to anyone until cops came with guns drawn - failures as public servants IMO

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about and I couldn't care less of what you think of me.

Again feel free to put on a badge and show everyone how it is done.

What do you do for a living?

I'm a lifeguard and auto-mechanic. Also been shooting since I was 4 and have never killed anything I didn't mean to. And in reply to where to hit an armed person with a baton, I'd recommend his armed hand.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Okay so say the cops just hang back and he suddenly turned and charged the cameraman stabbing him in the process.

What then?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

i know this sounds like a crazy suggestion, but maybe a tazer would have done just as well?? you're not gonna do anything but the worm after that. no bullets necessary.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Okay so say the cops just hang back and he suddenly turned and charged the cameraman stabbing him in the process.

What then?

again, he wasn't aggressive until they rushed him

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesCookieIII

What then?

again, he wasn't aggressive until they rushed him

plus this was a clear case of when rubberized bullets would have been better tactically than lethal rounds.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Subjective relativisim I guess.

Me participating in this debate is a waist of everyone's time.

You guys continue your Monday morning quarterbacking.

I am out.
edit on 22-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesCookieIII

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

I won't hold my breath.

Yes, it is horrible. That's why cops shouldn't run into situations like this GUNG HO... notice how all these bystanders and the video taper didn't run away from this guy? he wasn't a threat to anyone until cops came with guns drawn - failures as public servants IMO

That's because the man didn't have a knife drawn while pacing like a caged lion.

The guy knew what he was about to do. No one gets that upset at two stolen sodas.

He was nervous because he knew he was about to do a suicide by cop. That's what I think.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join