It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Decoding Part of X-Men Days of Future Past

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi ATS, I'm here once again to raise awareness with a pay attention to what you watch thread. If you already see messages, great. If not, one of these might wake you up someday. Remember, Not many movies are "just a movie".

Opening Credits
This guy is Odysseus

Read on your own about the trials he faced, it would require another thread.
The message is clear

Trials/who is the best.

Next up we have this

A police line up. Something about suspects or criminals there.
But EOMS, those are just part of the credits Trust me, they tie in to the messages.

First Scene
The camera moves through the fog and we see this

The Empire State building. But whats that?

A big hole in the side that we are going to pass through. I would keep an eye on the real Empire State building after that one. They love to tell us without just coming out and saying what they're planning to do in the future.

Next we see a devastated future New York city and this
A very high tech prison with inmates and these devices attached to the back of their necks
"the mutants and the humans that dared to help them. Fighting an enemy we cannot defeat"

From here on think of the mutants as anyone to doesn't meet the status quo and resists the police state. After a scene of bodies being dumped,a lone mutant meeting his demise, and a quick DNA sequence. We see Sentinels drop from a ship and raid a mutant hideout. Yes, the Sentinels represent law enforcement. The sentinels are resistant to all the mutant's powers. The strong mutant one isn't mighty enough, the fire/angry mutant gets defeated by ice/calm sentinel, the ice/calm mutant gets defeated by fire/angry sentinel, and the portal/distraction mutant is eventually defeated by the smart sentinel. Sentinels destroy all but two who escaped. Then a scene of mass arrests.The message of course is the robot like mighty LEO will always win.
No, im not going to go through the whole movie scene by scene, This is the message they want embedded in your subconscious and the most important subsurface message throughout the film
You cannot win. You will all be subdued.
edit on 8/22/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
You should write a movie script!!!

Also, the x-men ended up winning, even if only by going back in time.
Maybe that's what happens at death, a re-run of your life with stronger subliminal messages to keep you on track. Remember, only you have the power to create your universe.
edit on 0148k3 by Lynk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lynk3
You should write a movie script!!!

Also, the x-men ended up winning, even if only by going back in time.
Maybe that's what happens at death, a re-run of your life with stronger subliminal messages to keep you on track. Remember, only you have the power to create your universe.

The X-men winning was the surface film but you have an interesting outlook about this

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

DeJaVu is too sketchy of a phenomenon for me to think otherwise. It's like, the main story is always the same, but the little decisions change, like in Mass Effect, a role playing video game series. You'll always win the game, but your decisions affect your character skills, what characters aid you in your journey, and the ending of the third installment.

Wolverine in the x-men movie was the fearless variable. We have to be fearless in life. There's no room for scaredness, nervousness, anxiety, hesitation. Those are traits that set one back from gaining, taking, controlling, and making the best out of opportunities.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sit down. They killed Wolverine. Something about he was winning too much. I'm not buying that issue.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

After Stan Lee sold his rights to his comics, Spiderman sold his soul to Satan to save Mary J. and his kid, and then died. So yeahhhh.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I didnt follow spidey. I am constantly surprising my children with my xmen, wolverine, xfactor gambit etc. Knowledge however. I saw that and my entire family got sad.

As sad as I was when they restarted the marvel universe. Its just not right!!

a reply to: Lynk3

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Lol, let's not stray off topic here. So I'm going to mention Magneto, who did redeem himself in the third X-Men movie, and is obviously a good guy in "Days of Future Past." (The future). But he redeemed himself so late, that his younger unredeemed self (past) had a chance to redeem himself and didn't take it, for he didn't have the knowledge to, thus almost causing a catastrophic world meltdown.

I do believe the movie ended with him still being a bad guy, as well. All for something as stupid as love, which in the human body, is not a self-less emotion, therefore is selfish, and negative until one can truly understand love.
Love is what I have for music. Music has no personality, no mind, no physical attraction, yet has a soul that keeps bringing me back to it, to create more and more.
Love is creation, not taking, which Magneto failed to understand.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

you're completely right!

I would say that few movies are just movie.

last X - man I watched was so #ty and predictable, I doubt I will watch X - man any time soon.

plus all the "messages" are really annoying and sometimes disturbing when you see them.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Sme of this I can't say for certain but other aspects I can definitely explain away, the "police lineup" for example is from the film that made the director of DOFP famous, The Usual Suspects.

The dystopian future and the marked mutants, high tech prisons with devices placed on the mutants as well as the humans who aided them is taken directly from the comics. the original Days of Future Past is a story line from Uncanny X-Men 141&142 written by Chris Claremont with plot assistance and artwork by John Byrne in the early 80's.

the tattoos on the faces of the mutants(the M) is from the introduction of Bishop in 1991. I think most of what you're seeing as foreshadowing is simply homage to and based on the vast history of the X-Men comics throughout the incarnations of the various series.

I took away the opposite message from the film as you did, that if you fight back and adapt to your tormentors tactics, there is always a way to persevere in the end. the X-Men win and save the world from the horrid dystopian future by effectively changing the timeline because they knew it was win or extinction.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

I thought it was a great movie. Happened to be, maybe coincidently, maybe not, that a few days earlier, scientists sinulated time travel by splitting a light photon into two clones of itself, and having the older one travel faster than light to end up behind the younger one, then re-combine to create one entity again.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

Sme of this I can't say for certain but other aspects I can definitely explain away, the "police lineup" for example is from the film that made the director of DOFP famous, The Usual Suspects.

The dystopian future and the marked mutants, high tech prisons with devices placed on the mutants as well as the humans who aided them is taken directly from the comics. the original Days of Future Past is a story line from Uncanny X-Men 141&142 written by Chris Claremont with plot assistance and artwork by John Byrne in the early 80's.

the tattoos on the faces of the mutants(the M) is from the introduction of Bishop in 1991. I think most of what you're seeing as foreshadowing is simply homage to and based on the vast history of the X-Men comics throughout the incarnations of the various series.

I took away the opposite message from the film as you did, that if you fight back and adapt to your tormentors tactics, there is always a way to persevere in the end. the X-Men win and save the world from the horrid dystopian future by effectively changing the timeline because they knew it was win or extinction.

I know where the story pieces come from. It's they way the are presented that matters.
What you took away was the surface message and you're not seeing the subsurface one yet. Put on your ATS hat and watch it again sometime, it may surprise you
edit on 8/22/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: im the typo king!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I've watched it about a half dozen times, I just disagree with you that it's foreshadowing anything and preparing us for an unwinnable scenario. That doesn't mean I'm not impressed with the time you took to put it all together or that I haven't thought the same thing about other films. Personally, I thought Captain America Winter Soldier had a much more clear and concise warning about the future or even The Siege which came out in the late 90's and seemed to really foreshadow 9/11 with many parallels. It was certainly a cool take and point of view you presented, I just, in this instance don't see eye to eye with your own conclusions. It was a worthwhile read either way and I thoroughly enjoyed you're side of the coin.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
All that was from before they started over. If you get a marvel encyclopedia now its waaaay different.

originally posted by: peter vlar

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It seems "Movies" forum was the better place for conspiracy in a movie thread...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have to disagree with you. MOST times a movie IS just a movie.

People make movies that they hope other people will flock to see so they can make money.

Yeah, a lot of times a movie has "messages" or tries to promote personal agenda's of the person who made the movie but all in all they do not make a multi-million dollar movie to try and brain wash people.

Scenes may reflect things that people believe is happening with the world to make it more realistic to the viewer.

I see some crazy stuff on ATS where people "find" a hidden message in a movie. Most are REALLY stretching it and working too hard to make pieces fit for their own agendas.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

You're entitled to your opinion and mine is that you may be a little naive about the extent of propaganda.
There have been some real stretchers here with some added portions but this thread is not one of them. All of this is right out of the film, no extras, no reaching, right in front of the eyes
edit on 8/22/2014 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Reminds me of that Lil Wayne video with the skeletons in a movie theater. What a warning that foreshadowed. S&F

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The lineup is from "The Usual Suspects", which of course was Bryan Singer's first successful film. And is why it is now the image for his production company. Any possible tie-in to the film is purely coincidental.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Those are interesting tidbits about the movie. But I guess taking over the world isn't much of a secret in superhero movies. The villains pretty much want to take over the world every time. Also, the post-credit scene in this X-Men movie didn't have much of a secret either.

top topics

join