It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman shot during protest called 911 multiple times, says police response lacking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

FERGUSON, Mo. (KMOV.com) -- A Ferguson woman who was shot in the head last Tuesday during early moments of a peaceful Michael Brown protest said she is still waiting for police to take action.

“No officer ever showed up to speak with me... neither from Ferguson police or St. Louis County," Mya Aaten-White told News 4.

Last Tuesday evening Mya Aaten-White says she was walking down West Florissant to get back to her car. Before she made it to her car, violence erupted.

kmov

Mya was walking to her car when violence erupted at the protest, she heard gunfire and realized she had been shot in the forehead. Neighbors came to the rescue carrying her to a neighbors house where it took three 9/11 calls for the police to respond and when they did respond they showed up with guns drawn. When the police did show up they questioned the home owners whether they owned the property or not. When the police asked he what happened she told them she had been shot.

The police apparently didn't take her seriously because they haven't began a investigation. When her alma mater found out the police were not taking her seriously they hired a lawyer.

Why is Ferguson PD not investigating this case, why no police interview with her? She has to hire a lawyer for the police to do there job?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Howard University. Now the complaints will start happening the right way!

I'm so glad they didn't look at her and see an educated individual. Were they waiting for her to die? And why were the people that helped her harassed?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

She was shot in the head? IN the forehead? and she was calling 911 and talking? and the cops were able to talk to her enough to "Not take her seriously"... I'm gonna go ahead and guess she wasn't shot, MAYBE grazed by a bullet... I think the Ferguson PD have a bit more worries at the moment than a women who claims to be shot in the forehead but is still able to communicate effectively enough to call the cops three times, complain to the police, and hire a lawyer...

From the Link:

“I made it a block and a half then I heard gunshots, I put my hands to my head and realized I had been shot in the forehead,” she said.

... asked me what happened. I said ‘I was shot,’ obviously.’”

Maybe not so obvious...

edit on 8/22/2014 by PsychoEmperor because: To add qoute

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor
I had an uncle shot in the head during a robbery that lives years after. You are mistaken. You are also not considering the fact that they wasted valuable time getting this injured woman medical treatment.

Medical treatment to her brain!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Apparently its a graze wound, but a woman was shot in the head on the street, there are delays getting here medical care, the police show up with guns drawn.

No investigation? by the police?

If you picked a woman up off the ground and carried her into you house and called 9/11 what would your expect to happen?
edit on 22-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Was she shot by a rubber bullet? Why would they not call an ambulance and THEN the police? I don't know the details of the story yet and am trying to visualize what happened.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

I assume when they called 9/11 they told them she had been shot so the police would show up with ambulance.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

When the police receive a call for a person being shot they go in with guns out.

Paramedics will NOT enter a perceived unsafe scene until it is cleared by police. That is the standard operating procedure for most paramedics. The police have no control over that.

I highly doubt that the police are refusing to do an investigation.

In my experience involving shootings even though there are dozens of people outisde when the incident took place no one ever seems to see anything nor do they want to cooperate with the police. This is a reason why a lot of shootings are not solved.

I would assume that when everything starts to die down in Ferguson they will perform an investigation.

edit on 22-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

TextShe was shot in the head? IN the forehead? and she was calling 911 and talking?

On TV here in STL it looks like it grazed her.
She's been in public a lot since then and it looks like a deep long "cut" on her forehead.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Using logic to investigate a police incident in Ferguson, Mo isn't logical.

I think other events there support that idea.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thread won't get too far..unless of course the right can somehow turn her into a raging criminal with prior bad behavior.

We already had one response basically..saying "not important move on"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
In my state the ambulance will stay up the street until they are allowed on the scene.

The point is the ambulance was delayed entirely too long.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Welcome to Martial Law Sociological Experiment 3.0. That incident is going to play out until all data is organized as to how to mess with the sheeple.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I have seen enough video and pics of Ferguson and one thing I'm sure of is that they have plenty of police to preform a investigation, and I see no reason why they haven't.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

That stresses my point. She'd have been better having a gun at the end of her fingers...than a phone to Police with a busy signal.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Ferguson has a force of 63 or 65. Those were the ones you saw on the first couple nights, when I think this happened. Everyone else you saw were from other near suburbs, STL county, STL city, and later, the highway patrol (what MO calls the state police or sheriffs)
edit on 8/23/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join