It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Bob Lazar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jms88
I've been reading a lot about this guy in the past couple of weeks and as much as I would like to beleive his story I just can't.

I find it hard to think that a guy could basically be plucked from nowhere and within weeks be at the most secret place of all working on Saucers.

Also, Dragonrider, how do you know the Gov. has " ... the US does in fact have MHD/EG drives"? Just wondering.

Well there's no 'University of Alien Spacechip Back Engineering', so I guess the only way to really get people working on these things, particularly when nobody has any clue about how they could possibly work, is to throw the best people they can find in there and see what happens.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Yes. And, interestingly enough, a few years later some [i think] Russian Scientists did create an element 115 and it does indeed turn to element 116 when bombarded with antiprotons [element 116 being highly unstable to such a degree that its rapid breakdown causes it to give off antimatter].

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
he is a fake! he has not a single shred of evidence to support his claims. He is given wayyyyy too much attention. BUT, what do you expect when you have a scam of a website like project camelot selling his "product"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by James Random
Yes. And, interestingly enough, a few years later some [i think] Russian Scientists did create an element 115 and it does indeed turn to element 116 when bombarded with antiprotons [element 116 being highly unstable to such a degree that its rapid breakdown causes it to give off antimatter].

It still didn't act the way he said it would, and he was still not able to produce any artifact that could be tested by independent analysts to back up his story. Hypothesizing about an element that might one day be created in a lab was happening long before he mentioned it. So I wouldn't exactly put this tick mark in a "win" column for him.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe
dont forget that the governent does everything it's can to make a person like that look like a person who can only lie, is in debt and didn't got a good education.

Which is in Bob's case all of the above.
Yes he might have been in debt, and didn't had real experience in propulsion technology. But that doesn't automatically mean it is a mission impossible.
He did receive pay checks from the navy's advanced research agency (or something like that).

Anyway, his website is down, it sais it's been hacked...
does anyone know more about this, I couldn't find anything about it on other UFO related websites/forums. They all didn't forgot about him, did they??

I think largely the government allows people to 'babble' on national television in the belief [or hope] that the sheer fantastical nature of the allegations will only serve to discredit themselves. People are not open to receiving that kind of information and will sooner think you're a loon than think its true. This is possibly why there are whistleblowers like Phil Shneider and Bob Lazar.
There would be many more serious questions raised if people who alleged that they worked on Black Operations at Area 51 or Sector Four (Bob Lazar never actually worked at area 51, he was orientated there for a week prior to assignment at S-4 12 miles south of Area 51) than if the Government simply allowed them to spout the information in the belief that it sounds so mad that nobody would ever believe it.
I believe that is what much of the manipulation of the modern media is, not so much hiding the information from us, but actually presenting it to us in the forms of fiction, so that when someone says that they actually worked on an alien craft, people's associations quickly turn to Science Fiction and the guy is quickly laughed at because of the seemingly implausible nature of the allegations.
After all, if you met someone in the street and said; 'Hello. My name is SalUsA and I represent the Galactic Federation of Light. I come from the pleides system and I have come to earth to make contact with you.' The person would laugh at you before they were ever ready to accept the claim as valid.
But what nobody stops to think about is, what if the bloke who had claimed to be an alien in the middle of the street really had been? And your natural reference to the media of today caused you to lose a potentially mammoth opportunity?

The government do not walk in straight lines. They will always think laterally and blow caution to the wind if they think that the outcome is that the whole thing will remain just a work of sci-fi in people's minds.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I think that may have been because he claimed Element 115 was originally manufactured somewhere other than Earth. I would expect that our Element 115 is merely a facsimile and wouldn't react the same way at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I knew a guy around 1990, who I met working on a Defense Contract, who absolutely swears he knew Lazar at MIT.

This is before Lazar was well known. It is also significant because a lot of people claim that there is no record of Lazar ever attending MIT.

I got into a discussion thread with John Lear, relating this, and he pretty much rejected the possibility, based upon my friends comments.** But I am not convinced it should be dismissed.

For the record, here is what my friend and co-worker said.

#1. Bob Lazar had an uncanny ability to solve complex math problems, but was unable to say how he did it, and appeared kind of stupid in math. My friend explained that he once solved a difficult homework assignment just by writing down the answer for him. When asked how he did it, Bob Lazar claimed it was "through inspection."

#2. Bob Lazar, although he looks like a total geek, had a magnetic way with women, and was always dating extremely attractive girls. For some reason, women found him fascinating, and Lazar was quite promiscuous, and spent a lot of time discussing sex.

There were some other points, but I can't think of them right now.

If I recall correctly, this was about 1990 -- my coworker had a PhD in math, and an MIT diploma hanging in the office. Bob Lazar had never been on anyone's radar screen before. One day, my friend came to work, and was very excited, and said he personally knew this very weird guy he had seen on TV over the weekend. (Something like that.)

So this may be bogus -- or it may be real. I think it is probably real. And if it actually is real, then Lazar was definitely at MIT during the time frame he says he was, and there apparently is no record of that.

Lazar claims that MIT destroyed his records, at the request of the US government.

**Edit footnote: I can't find that thread anywhere here on ATS. It was a thread around March of this year, but it doesn't appear to be in my "Posts" link. It was a very interesting thread, mostly attacking Lazar as a liar and hoaxer, but some people supporting him, including me.

[edit on 9-10-2008 by Buck Division]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by James Random

1. It is interesting my points have not been brought up by Mr Lazar's defenders. The W-2 that shows he worked for the military, while he himself claimed he worked for a contractor. The W-2 would of been made by the contractor with their name on it, not the military.

2. Here is Stanton Friedman's take on Bob Lazar and the element 115 claim:

www.stantonfriedman.com...

Go down to "My take on Bob Lazar".

3. The wait for a major top secret classification would of been extremely long (at least 6 months, but usually longer). They would never have allowed him to work on a highly classified program until he was cleared. If it is true he was a womanizer and was promiscuous, it would of taken longer.

He is either disinfo agent, or just in it for the attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I am aware of the wait for top secret classification. But the MJ civilian clearance waiting list is not as long.
Add to the fact that all operations within Sector Four are 'below board' and that the stuff that allegedly deal with is unprecidented beyond imagination, and suddenly it throws protocol to the wind. If bob lazar, as one of the posters here said, was clever and finding solutions through simple inspection, then it would be Sector Four's best interest to get the man in as fast as possible. I would be surprised if alot of filling out of forms without having read them and elbowing people up the queue had taken place, particularly when such queue aren't supposed to appear on the Military's database.

Though you're probably right about him being fake. I had never entered this post to try and claim he was genuine. Many of Bob Lazars claims are true in the physics area, there are two kinds of gravity. But as for his workings on how Sector Four works, I expect he probably either got such information from someone who actually worked there, or from Phil Shchneider, whom I do believe.
Also, what bob says about Area 51 being not that extraordinary except for the development of the Aurora Space Plane was accurate. Area 51 hasn't really seen any action of the 'extra terrestrial kind' it was mostly used for nuclear testing, storage of the roswell craft during the expansion of Sector Four and then, after 1995 when Radiation levels meant that the majority of its operations (except for administration) be moved to other AFB's (notably utah), it became somewhat inactive. So while it is still off-limits and maintains a skeleton crew, nothing much ever happens there. Though his claim about being orientated at Area 51 and then moved to Sector Four also makes sense. Since it would be required to learn protocol before entereing the base (since all of S-4 is multitudes of levels above top secret), but I always thought they did that at Sector 2, instead.

[edit on 10-10-2008 by James Random]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zion Mainframe

Anyway, his website is down, it sais it's been hacked...
does anyone know more about this, I couldn't find anything about it on other UFO related websites/forums. They all didn't forgot about him, did they??

Bob Lazar's site has not been hacked.
His website is:
www.unitednuclear.com...

According to my understanding, he had been living in the Sandia Mountains of Albuquerque until just recently. He had his business going
(and still has). It is my understanding that he recently moved from Albuquerque to Michigan.

A couple of years ago, I wrote a small piece on Bob Lazar:
(for what it's worth.....it may interest you)

THE STRANGE BEHAVIOR OF BOB LAZAR (alleged former Area 51 "scientist")
www.theufochronicles.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Norio Hayakawa

Thank you for that link on the story. I don't know what to make of Bob Lazar either, but he does seem fairly smart. I think he, along with several others (including the makers of the MJ-12 documents) were a big disinfo campaign to associate Ufology with the tin foil hat crowd. So far, it is working like a charm.

On security clearances:
The security clearance MJ would take a long time to approve. People (military and civilian) who have high security clearances usually give their retirement notices a year or more in advance so the agency that hired them can get in a proper replacement. Bob Lazar would of had some odd jobs, but the person he was replacing would of been on the job for at least a year. If there are problems finding someone, the retirement can be pushed back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join