It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ONLY solution is US Revolution.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: dr1234
a reply to: nwtrucker

I'm curious (not poking holes) what would protect us from foreign opportunists when our entire military is dissolved. Militias? Local police forces (I like there odds more and more everyday)? I fear this wouldn't be safe if it was done through a vote. In reality it would more likely be done only by war, war that would be crippling. What's your take on my concern if you don't mind?

The cost of mounting and maintaining an army.

Armies cost a lot. Standing armies of occupation cost even more.

An invader would spend more money conquering than it would get back economically.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate

It's an interesting point. I'm certainly not an expert. My answer would be, off the top, any foreign power would be more likely to take care of regional issues before even considering a well armed, civilian-wise, nation the size of the U.S.. Years , if not decades, of guerrilla activity, expense has already been mentioned, but a protracted action against a 'fractured' U.S. would leave the attacking nation exposed to regional enemies if not thoroughly addressed first.

I also assume some accord would be reached amongst the splitting states would allow a continuance of nuclear deterrence.

I.E., the 'left' leaning states wouldn't desire to-or allowed- to be involved in military matters. The 'right' leaning states would absorb the expenses and responsibilities of deterrence. (They'd have more means with less bail-out type social programs to fund, which in turn would be absorbed by the 'lefties'.
).

An added point or two.

Expanding that 'continuance factor'...the whole naval fleet could be maintained via the "right-wing'" states further deterring any with invasion thoughts. The army would be much smaller with far less to zero international actions. The same would apply to the AF as well.

Last point is an invading nation would have to have their domestic issues well in hand. China, Russia, et al, have issues of their own that would have to be fixed before tangling with a smaller, but focused 'Uncle Sam"......

Fancy footwork on my part, I admit, but possible.....

edit on 25-8-2014 by nwtrucker because: expanded response

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
And a REVOLUTION would require you ALL take care of the fighters on your side IF YOU WANT TO WIN in a domestic revolution.
Progressives use physical violence with BREATH taking incompetence because the "HIPPY" roots of the culture in academia don't like it and oppose it's use.The warrior is a simple minded creature to distain,apparently and constitute a threat to mankind's continued existence.
This means when violence erupts the right conservatives win. THIS too would be an imbalance that would just produce more oppression.
We do not need such CARNAGE to fix this sir, just determination to look at ALL of it,and adapt to POLITE coexistence with what we have trouble understanding.

Let GOD handle the judgement ,progressives will have to learn to live with conservatives and warriors too. None will be easy,all of it is necessary.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yet another 'afterthought'. LOL

Assuming the entity known as the Unites States of America is dissolved....ceases to exist, so does the "I.O.U."s in the form of T-Bills etc. loses all value/collectability, after all, the is No U.S.A.!

This completely collapses the world economy.

All those potential 'hostile' nations now have their own internal issues with their own collapsed economies. China definitely collapses and it's 37 different languages promptly fall to regional warlords and dictators...like the old days.

Similar results for Russia and the EU. I won't even mention the Islamic Caliphate crowd, they'd be culling their own population faster than we could..

Bottom line, I doubt there's anyone out there even capable of invading North America in this scenario...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
Yet another 'afterthought'. LOL

Assuming the entity known as the Unites States of America is dissolved....ceases to exist, so does the "I.O.U."s in the form of T-Bills etc. loses all value/collectability, after all, the is No U.S.A.!

This completely collapses the world economy.

All those potential 'hostile' nations now have their own internal issues with their own collapsed economies. China definitely collapses and it's 37 different languages promptly fall to regional warlords and dictators...like the old days.

Similar results for Russia and the EU. I won't even mention the Islamic Caliphate crowd, they'd be culling their own population faster than we could..

Bottom line, I doubt there's anyone out there even capable of invading North America in this scenario...

If there is the conspiracy, then that won't happen.

If our situation is from greedy opportunism, then it will probably happen.

Saved by greed

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Many. many conspiracies...they add up to a world-wide gridlock

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
How would you roll back all the EO's that have been written all the blatant unconstitutional laws and rights that have been given by an out of control court system? Or the federal beast that was birthed under Hamilton and perfected under Lincoln? How would you truly bring balance back to the three branches of government without man perverting the laws as they have done from the very beginning of US constitutional history?

a reply to: CokeIsNotCool

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Unless someone finances them. The profit is made by holding the new country in perpetual debt. Supposedly. That is a good point, but I was more referring to Jihadists or those who would like our way of life to dissapear. Imagine Isis riding through Ohio or California and doing what they do.

Those animals would be in heaven. It isn't just Isis either, and they wouldn't have to target the entire U.S. because there is no more U.S. in this sceneario.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join