It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened to common sense?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

Yes, like I said. Progressive Govt.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

And we are talking now. How the Govt as a whole treats the citizen...............This is the Progressive Govt people wet themselves for. And now it is funny, that as it is being delivered, even Progressives themselves are backpedaling.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

So where is common sense when we need facts not opinions/agendas on subject matter? (Whether one side or the other agrees with the findings or not) Selective readings, One side will post verifiable links and information, the other side ignores it and sidesteps the information. We've all seen it on both sides of arguments/debates.

Flame on.

I love how half the people in this thread are decrying the rest of humanity for not having common sense. When they do whats quoted above regularly. The idea of common sense. That is the problem right there. Everyone thinks they have common sense. They think the side and view they have is the common sense side. So because of that. They think the people on the other side are stupid, have no common sense, and should be ignored, no matter what they say. This eventually leads to them wishing death on the other side.

That is how people are. They lie to themselves everyday of their lives. If they did not absolutely believe in their own brand of bull-feces. They would spend all their time huddled in a dark corner crying. Their heads would eventually explode and the bits that are left over would float away into space. Never to be seen again.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: kaylaluv

And we are talking now. How the Govt as a whole treats the citizen...............This is the Progressive Govt people wet themselves for. And now it is funny, that as it is being delivered, even Progressives themselves are backpedaling.

Riiiiiight. Because if we gave total power to the conservatives, then there would be peace and joy and happiness everywhere - no wars, no dead civilians, no problems. Wasn't there just a thread recently about how everyone in Iceland was grieving because the police had shot their first perp? Isn't Iceland like the 3rd most socially progressive country in the world? The U.S. is ranked 16th in progressiveness. If you ask me, we need to be more progressive, not less.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Reprisal killings are never justifiable nor effective militarily. Ever!

But what if your goals revolve around Agenda 21?

And since when do Satanic cults care about things that are justifiable?

Things are getting real, time to take off the blinders...

Does a Satanic Cult Rule the World?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
How can love conquer evil, that is the question, when we can't even get along on the forum.

DANG Storm, that's what I call a 'heavy revvy'...

Thanks for reminding me why I always stop scrolling when ever that angelic avy catchs my eye.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Just a pointless observation. What it really comes down to is a natural human perception. We view things in groups.

If every human being was prone to be a lone-human, not wanting to associate with others, not wanting to live with/near others, etc...most of this would never happen. We also group other people and label them. They are "Russian", they are "black", they are "poor". Individually...none of this matters. But when we are part of a group, and "they" are part of a group...then the problem begins. As lone creatures, you may have one person kill another, but you would never have one person kill a group, or a group kill another group...because there wouldn't be groups.

So...if we could re-engineer ourselves (which we can't) to be lone-humans and view everyone else as a lone-human with no groups, no labels, etc...that would end. Can't and won't happen...just a pointless observation.

But the bottom line is, there is no stopping this.
edit on 8/22/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In a world where ignorance is the norm, I suggest we instead practice uncommon sense.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Not trying to offend the atheists here, but, if God gave us all common sense so that there was no evil on the earth, what purpose would heaven serve? How would heaven achieve perfection? Those in heaven must look at us here and say "wow, that's a strange twist on evil".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Common sense and doing what is right kind of go hand in hand. The problem is we aren't seeing a whole lot of right, either that or were not looking in the right place. What the world lacks now is a simple form of principles, and yet we keep making life more complicated which may be taking us as species father and father from the simplistic. I have heard it said that it is easier to hate then it is to love (our fellow man). Maybe love is the road less traveled. One often wonders.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It doesn't matter which side does the killing, It's wrong, it's not justifiable.

That sums it up pretty well for me.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
According to what I can tall, the general public have lost their frikin minds.

On one hand people cheer MSM when it suits their cause [fergesun anyone?] and then any other topic,....well....

God , I cannot even begin to described the flat out hypocrisy...

There is something truly fd up about society when we cheer on the thugs.

where was the fing news crew when my son was being profield at the springfield skate parkj,....had a near law suit agaist the city but where were they. To this VERY day my kid can;t go to the skate park cause hes not a druggiue

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

a reply to: CokeIsNotCool

Hey there, please check your PM/U2U or what ever they call it now.

respond it you like

Thanks

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Can we just go find an island an call it good?? Seriously.... there is an island for salel for 3mil off of Alaskka....

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert

a reply to: CokeIsNotCool

Hey there, please check your PM/U2U or what ever they call it now.

respond it you like

Thanks

The way you asked was funny to me and at least you can spell! Thanks!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: sdmk9
Common sense will continue to fail, never prevail, in creatures that are largely driven by their emotions.

There always has been violence and there always will be violence. We're the masters of our own demise.

That's how we roll all those deep rooted instincts to survive.

Love and hate, fear.

How can love conquer evil, that is the question, when we can't even get along on the forum.

Then there is the desire to control, the fear of being wrong, we all play the control dramas on ATS.

That about nails it.

We're all susceptible.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

It is unfortunate that you actually believe common sense is not exactly what is being displayed.

Name a time when this was not the common norm.

When will you realize this is being fomented from a source far beyond "humanity".

And then begin to ask some questions that might actually do something, instead of repeating the tired mantras that have NEVER had a single iota of an effect.

THAT should be the topic of any thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Warning, Adult topic and pictures, Proceed only if you are all growed up.

This isn't a rant but rather a plea...

What the hell happened to common sense? *Never mind empathy

We read daily about this conflict or that and see sides drawn in support of this action or that and all the while civilians are caught in the crossfire. I haven't read too many responses or threads discussing the people caught in the middle. Most of the time many here try to justify the killings as being warranted for this reason or that.

Reprisal killings are never justified, whether they happen in the Israeli/Palestinian, Syrian/Rebel, Ukraine/Russian, Vietnam/US, USSR/Afghan, US/Afghan, Iraq part I or II etc conflicts, so on and so forth or not! *If I've left out your favorite pet online gorefest then forgive me, it's early and I haven't had my 4th cup of coffee yet.

So where is common sense when we need facts not opinions/agendas on subject matter? (Whether one side or the other agrees with the findings or not) Selective readings, One side will post verifiable links and information, the other side ignores it and sidesteps the information. We've all seen it on both sides of arguments/debates.

Reprisal killings are never justifiable nor effective militarily. Ever!

It didn't work for the NAZI's, The Soviets, the Vietcong, The US, The French, The UK, The Japanese, The Communist North Koreans ad infinitum throughout history.

They also are not simply collateral damage/pawns either! They're human beings with families, loved ones and close friends. The vast majority probably had dreams of a better life. I cant imagine one civilian enjoying watching their Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Son or Daughter being blown to bits.

It doesn't matter which side does the killing, It's wrong, it's not justifiable.

I have no issues if grown adults want to blow the piss out of each other, have at it. Leave the Children and non combatants the hell out of it. Mankind is at war alright, not JUST over resources, Greed, Religious intolerance, political ideology, yadda yadda blah blah blah, but more importantly over losing our sensitivity/empathy for the sufferings of our fellow human being.

We must stop the killing or lose the war.

Flame on.
It is the harsh but sad reailty of life..

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I have no issues if grown adults want to blow the piss out of each other, have at it. Leave the Children and non combatants the hell out of it. Mankind is at war alright, not JUST over resources, Greed, Religious intolerance, political ideology, yadda yadda blah blah blah, but more importantly over losing our sensitivity/empathy for the sufferings of our fellow human being.

We must stop the killing or lose the war.

S&F, Thank you for this thread, a thousand times over.

A warning for what may be yet to come - (as always the choice is ours, collectively):

"When we outsource war to machines, we outsource our humanity to technology. We have lost our souls to machines."
~ Extant

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
I hate to say it, but look inward on this one. And that would go for everyone else too.

The entire western culture is based on self-centered, narcissistic tendencies. Awareness is key, and self blind ignorance be overcome.

How do I know this? Guilty as charged, but a work in progress.

We have short attention spans.

We are distracted by countless hours of work for the acquisition more and more worthless bling, hence missing out on what is important in life.

We BS ourselves into thinking we deserve a special lifestyle, when in fact it is indoctrinated ideals that we think are our own, but once we become aware of them it's our responsibility to change.

We subject ourselves to stupid amounts of stress and allow almost zero time for decompression, which makes Jane and John a miserable human being.

And lastly we have lost any sense of what a men, or a women are, the lines are completely blurred. Although I believe in equal opportunities for men and women, Who in the hell after 40 to 60 hours of work, per week, has any time left to nurture a family?

So now to your original question "What the hell happen to common sense?"

It was sold out many many years ago and compromised for the wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. Although I am not religious the seven deadly sins cover it pretty well.

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Working together allows us to build incredible and amazing things. This process has been corrupted and compartmentalized for the profit of a few. These few are acting out a very long-term plan, but they are just as programmed by this cultural story as anyone else.

I would guess it all began long, long ago when one group of people took from another and realized it was an easy way to increase quality of life for themselves. The focus started to shift to exploiting others for personal gain, and the main narrative for our current cultural story was born. The characters have changed many times, as well as the locations and events. But, the main story remains the same.

I guess no one ever thought that everyone taking from each other keeps all of us back equally. A culture based on working together to advance would not only enable us to reach heights never possible with our current cultural story, it will keep us from encountering the mass deaths and massacres that are innate to our 'modern' society.

If common sense is ever to have a hope in actually becoming common, it should be with knowledge and awareness of all of the above. Thank you both for sharing such wisdom; these words of truth are where change can begin.

Signed, Also aware and another work in progress.
edit on 23-8-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Bolding For Emphasis

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join