It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened to common sense?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You can't fix stupid

This is how the authorities responded to a peaceful protest, a police skirmish line on both sides of the street squeezing the protesters into a group, then ordering them to disperse, then just a few moments later they opened fire chasing protestors into neighborhoods, including firing gas into same neighborhoods.

How would you feel if this was your neighborhood?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

My favourite example to use, which shows off the fantastic lack of common sense in olden days, was the sale of Radithor...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Common sense dictates, that if you do not fully understand the effects of a chemical substance, then you should not ingest it. Sales of this stuff however, proved that the people of the early 1900s were not possessed of much common sense! Only those who had uncommon sense would have avoided all the medical quackery that was floating around that time, or for that matter the snake oils, various, that came before it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

Common sense is not common anymore!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
We are the most dangerous of combinations: animals with brains. I've often wondered why mankind has always resolved conflict with violence. Why not negotiation and/or compromise? Why don't the leaders of countries who are having a conflict duke it out with a series of chess games? Whomever wins 3 out of 5 is the winning country. Why wouldn't that work? We have the brains, but we are still animals.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CokeIsNotCool

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: CokeIsNotCool

I've been reading ATS off and on for years, many people do.

my statement still stands

you support humanity AND often you support US government, the two don't mix well

100% right. I wish I could give you 1000 stars.

Don't let the bullies get to you, just because they have "tough" looking avatars, doesn't mean they are....

edit on 22-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

That is the Progressive Govt in action.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

Agenda driven much?

It was Ferguson PD, St Louis County PD, St Louis City PD, And many more police from other cities and counties. All under the command of Gov. Jay Nixon!!!
edit on 22-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: LDragonFire

That is the Progressive Govt in action.

I really wish people would not bring politics into this thread. Man's inhumanity to man began long, long before there were progressives and conservatives. Long before Democrats and Republicans. Long before the U.S. government - long before anyone even knew there was an America.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Anything Topic related to contribute?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
It all may be about the misuse of language . Take the word win out of any war issue and people may start to not think about weather we can or should win .

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I'm at the point where I really couldn't be bothered expending emotional energy on these wars, I'd rather just ignore it all and live in ignorant bliss these days. Everything that is happening now was all foreshadowed by the events which began in Libya and then Syria. We chose to support the "rebels" in their attempt to overthrow established governments, even though it was well known many rebels had strong connections to terrorist organizations, and even though the resulting conflict ravaged entire cities and displaced hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians.

We were led to believe that these rebels were "freedom fighters" who seek democracy, but time after time they have proven what they really want is to enforce Shariah law over the entire ME region. That is the end goal of groups like ISIS and the Muslim Brotherhood, they've already implemented Shariah law in Libya. Without the support of Western nations, these extremists wouldn't have gotten so far, they would have been stamped out in Libya and Syria before they could become so powerful and gain so much battle experience.

Extremely informative video from 2012:

edit on 22/8/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DonVoigt
Uncommon sense has a new title: It is called freedom, terrorists,.......

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

So where is common sense when we need facts not opinions/agendas on subject matter? (Whether one side or the other agrees with the findings or not) Selective readings, One side will post verifiable links and information, the other side ignores it and sidesteps the information. We've all seen it on both sides of arguments/debates.

Slayer,

Another good thought provoking thread. S+F

I hate to say it, but look inward on this one. And that would go for everyone else too.

The entire western culture is based on self-centered, narcissistic tendencies. Awareness is key, and self blind ignorance be overcome.

How do I know this? Guilty as charged, but a work in progress.

We have short attention spans.

We are distracted by countless hours of work for the acquisition more and more worthless bling, hence missing out on what is important in life.

We BS ourselves into thinking we deserve a special lifestyle, when in fact it is indoctrinated ideals that we think are our own, but once we become aware of them it's our responsibility to change.

We subject ourselves to stupid amounts of stress and allow almost zero time for decompression, which makes Jane and John a miserable human being.

And lastly we have lost any sense of what a men, or a women are, the lines are completely blurred. Although I believe in equal opportunities for men and women, Who in the hell after 40 to 60 hours of work, per week, has any time left to nurture a family?

So now to your original question "What the hell happen to common sense?"

It was sold out many many years ago and compromised for the wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. Although I am not religious the seven deadly sins cover it pretty well.

Or maybe we never had any to begin with. lol

Peace,

RT

edit on 22-8-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: CokeIsNotCool

I've been reading ATS off and on for years, many people do.

my statement still stands

you support humanity AND often you support US government, the two don't mix well

GTFO.

This thread is about common sense, and you are presenting none in trolling it.

---

Great thread, Slayer. In a world fraught with disaster after disaster, and war after war, common sense is a rare gift to find. Although when you do find it, it is usually from those who are most affected. Thank you.
edit on 22-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"We must stop the killing or lose the war."

How do you stop it?

Do you turn a blind eye?

What is your solution to genocide?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Well Written Plea!! I believe 'Common' Sense has never been a Reality. We have thought of it as Common, but it has truly only lived in a few souls, per generation. Having the ability to be able to use True Common 'Sense', an inward knowing of all realities, would put one on a pedestal now a day......

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you use "common sense" you see which game is being played regarding ISIS/Syria/Assad (same as has been done many times before)...

How many are actually seeing that ?

How many are thinking they have common sense, but are failing to spot what is really going on, and have been regarding Libia/Syria/Ukraine/Afghanistan/Iraq, etc.

Watch the news, listen to politicians, the military (the ones in charge) and the so called military experts right now, and if you fail to spot what`s going on (and is going to happen), it`s safe to say you don`t have any common sense what so ever.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

I would have appreciated a warning before scrolling down to see those pics.

I'm sure those people would have liked a warning before having their lives completely destroyed too. Unfortunately, it didn't happen for them either.

To answer your question its all about money and, those poor people were the bottom of the food chain.

I would agree with this statement, except the money part. When you have control of trillions of dollars, it's no longer about the money. It's about power, ownership, and control. You can print all the money you need.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There has never been any common sense, my friend.

Common sense is what occurs in our homes. Common sense occurs in our places of work.

The closest politicians ever got to common sense was when they got together and wrote the Magna Carta, the Bill of Rights, the Constitution.

It has gone (pretty much) downhill since then.

As a species, we are not wise, we are not erudite. We lie, cheat, steal, kill, then lie about whether we did all those things.

We have not evolved from the grunting cavemen of lore. We just have nicer caves and fancier clubs.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Common sense went out the door when our deep entrusted values did.

Every single country, in their own minds, is right. So wars and genocide, greed and power, crimes against humanity, torture and executions are justified.

Every single religion, in their own minds, is right. So racism, judgemental opinions, religious bias opinions regarding abortions and homosexuality are justified.

Every single rebellious groups, in their own minds, are right. So the killings, pillagings, rapings and beheadings are justified.

I 100% agree with you. We did lose our common sense and as such, have lost our ways.

Ban frontiers. Ban all religions. Ban any monetary system. Ban wars. One planet, one people.

Anything else is just a slow motion train wreck.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join