It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Switzerland: Number of "suicide tourists" doubled in three years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There are three clinics in Switzerland that provide a dying experience.

Those who take the time to read the article..

If I had a choice of dying in a hospital while the leeches suck every last dollar from my life's saving or flying to Switzerland and picking the day I wanted to die... book me a ticket.

I have always had good insurance (before the present system) and when my wife passed away her final bill was $265,000.. Insurance paid a little less than $90,000 for a settlement which was still to much IMO... However if it had been me fighting them alone no doubt I would have had to pay all plus interest.

It appears those who have chosen assisted dying have mostly had Cancer or some neurological disability.. I do believe it is better than a bullet in the head, hanging one self or a horse pill.. Also if it is a depression issue there might be a chance that the desire to off oneself might be identified and with decent intervention avoided. Anyway I was surprised it was Brits and Germans who are taking advantage of the Swiss offer..

British people are the second biggest group of “suicide tourists”, according to a new study, which shows that the number of people traveling to assisted dying clinics in Switzerland has doubled in three years.

More than 600 people traveled to Switzerland for help taking their own lives between 2008 and 2012

www.eturbonews.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Where is the stock in this! I want to get in on that investment. Best way for population control. It seem like they have the chemicals down right, so why can't Americans get the lethal injection from the Switz? They are making profits while we botch the death injections. comical in a sense.
Found this yesterday, thanks for posting it up today. Good find.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

600 people who are already terminally ill - or have zero ` quality of life ` over 4 years is hardly a good start at " population control "

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I like how you pointed out that any mental illness could possibly be determined.

In the US this is handled state by state with some patients having to refuse food and die horribly painful deaths.

I don't se how that is more ethical than letting a person choose for themselves to die.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SirKonstantin

If you are referring to the "death injections" for
criminals, alot has to do with inexperienced people
placing the IV catheters. We have no problems with
euthanizing animals including ones with extremely
small veins.

I had wondered why myself since I am a Lic Vet Tech.,
then I heard an interview with a Veterinary on NPR
discussing this same issue.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

Well, then we need to train more qualified killers.lol Thanks for that tid-bit of information.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's been going on for years as technically in the UK helping someone to kill themselves could land them in court (it wasn't that long ago commiting suidice was illegal but i'd of loved to see a prosecution) so they need to go somewhere that will allow them to have the freedom of choice as to how and when to end it all, these people are normally the sort who are in the final terminal stages of their illness and want the dignity of being able to bow out peacefully not spending possibly another 6 months on a drip full of morphine writhing in pain which if the same person was a cat/dog they'd of been put to sleep with no problem

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
It's been going on for years as technically in the UK helping someone to kill themselves could land them in court (it wasn't that long ago commiting suidice was illegal but i'd of loved to see a prosecution) so they need to go somewhere that will allow them to have the freedom of choice as to how and when to end it all, these people are normally the sort who are in the final terminal stages of their illness and want the dignity of being able to bow out peacefully not spending possibly another 6 months on a drip full of morphine writhing in pain which if the same person was a cat/dog they'd of been put to sleep with no problem

Yes... Many times farm animals or loved pets are put out of their misery when misfortune occurs. They call it humane.. Yet to let someone who is in severe pain just suffer day after day is somehow righteous or right..

top topics

join