It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Cause of global warming hiatus found deep in the Atlantic Ocean

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:17 AM

originally posted by: UnderKingsPeak

That was all fantastic well said.
I find it narrow minded that the IPCC never even considers that fluctuations on that million mile wide furnace in the sky can reap huge effects on earth.

This is false. It's delusional and emotionally motivated to entertain statements such as the above, when they are completely contradicted by the actual facts which are that solar influence has been studied by geophysical scientists for many decades and there is a very substantial literature and extensive scientific work on this. Did you think thousands of PhD scientists would just "forget"?

The central and overwhelming conclusion is that solar influence does not explain observed patterns excluding the human influence from greenhouse gases.

I understand that the centrality of the opposition is not based on actual fact but an emotional or political desire to avoid the policy and personal consequences. However, there may be some reasonably well meaning, reasonable people who are simply not sufficiently informed and so I hope that may offer the following as evidence.

The following review article was cited as being informative to the IPCC WG1 report.

The literature relevant to how solar variability influences climate is vast—but much has been based on inadequate statistics and non-robust procedures. The common pitfalls are outlined in this review. The best estimates of the solar influence on the global mean air surface temperature show relatively small effects, compared with the response to anthropogenic changes (and broadly in line with their respective radiative forcings). However, the situation is more interesting when one looks at regional and season variations around the global means. In particular, recent research indicates that winters in Eurasia may have some dependence on the Sun, with more cold winters occurring when the solar activity is low. Advances in modelling “top-down” mechanisms, whereby stratospheric changes influence the underlying troposphere, offer promising explanations of the observed phenomena. In contrast, the suggested modulation of low-altitude clouds by galactic cosmic rays provides an increasingly inadequate explanation of observations.

As is this one:

Recent changes in solar outputs and the global mean surface temperature. III. Analysis of contributions to global mean air surface temperature rise

A multivariate fit to the variation in global mean surface air temperature anomaly over the past half century is presented. The fit procedure allows for the effect of response time on the waveform, amplitude and lag of each radiative forcing input, and each is allowed to have its own time constant. It is shown that the contribution of solar variability to the temperature trend since 1987 is small and downward; the best estimate is −1.3% and the 2σ confidence level sets the uncertainty range of −0.7 to −1.9%. The result is the same if one quantifies the solar variation using galactic cosmic ray fluxes (for which the analysis can be extended back to 1953) or the most accurate total solar irradiance data composite. The rise in the global mean air surface temperatures is predominantly associated with a linear increase that represents the combined effects of changes in anthropogenic well-mixed greenhouse gases and aerosols, although, in recent decades, there is also a considerable contribution by a relative lack of major volcanic eruptions. The best estimate is that the anthropogenic factors contribute 75% of the rise since 1987, with an uncertainty range (set by the 2σ confidence level using an AR(1) noise model) of 49–160%; thus, the uncertainty is large, but we can state that at least half of the temperature trend comes from the linear term and that this term could explain the entire rise. The results are consistent with the intergovernmental panel on climate change (IPCC) estimates of the changes in radiative forcing (given for 1961–1995) and are here combined with those estimates to find the response times, equilibrium climate sensitivities and pertinent heat capacities (i.e. the depth into the oceans to which a given radiative forcing variation penetrates) of the quasi-periodic (decadal-scale) input forcing variations. As shown by previous studies, the decadal-scale variations do not penetrate as deeply into the oceans as the longer term drifts and have shorter response times. Hence, conclusions about the response to century-scale forcing changes (and hence the associated equilibrium climate sensitivity and the temperature rise commitment) cannot be made from studies of the response to shorter period forcing changes.

edit on 23-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:49 AM
The Farmers Almanac is saying the winter of 2014 is going to be a bad one for the N.E. USA... I only bring this up because the Almanac kicked the G.W. computer models butt for last year.. We will have to wait and see if once again they are correct.

Last winter was a record setting cold spree with snow for many places plus a late spring as far as temps.. Since the name is now global weather disruption/climate change.... even if we are indeed entering another ice age, because of some quick thinking and the name change, they can still tax it !

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:07 AM
The problem is is not just climate change!!

We are experiencing EXTREME tectonic plate movements!!..the tsunami buoy off the coasts of Australia/Indonesia (for example) today indicated a 150 m elevation in the sea bed..there is a cover up and the 'climate change' concept is engineered BS..

It is clear due to our poles shifting (even having 4 magnetic points) and also the data from BATRUS that the magnetic field is being influenced by a celestial body in the near vicinity..yes Planet X...the SOHO camaras are picking up the 'mini system' inbound and this data is being heavily edited by NASA and will most likely go offline,due to undeniable images.

I have taken some photos of what i suspect to be 'moon swirls'/orbitals of Planet X near the Sun,this is consistent with what other researchers have taken across the globe (i will be presenting them when i build documentation)

Others can do this quite simply..just block the Sun out (with a book or wall) preferably from the top (as they are usually in the regions of 7 to 3 o'clock) until it just goes out of image, then snap away and when you review it in more detail on a p.c,you will notice the 'moon swirls' in their tell tale pattern-this is just one of the few personas in which it takes form..some others are; the 'string of pearls' and of coarse the monster persona....the second sun.Space of coarse is constantly moving, so what you may see on any certain day *may* vary-as a sidenote,it is also clear that the chem trails are blocking the views,as this 'system' is visible without mylar/red spectrum filters,so until it is 'knocking on the door' the cover up continues in vain.

Thanks for attempting to throw people off the scent Mr.Mason..have a nice day

edit-here is the link which is updated daily with all the need to know current events on the aforementioned topic..
edit on 23-8-2014 by Buddyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

You still need to be carbon taxed.

This will obviously make everything better just like all other taxes do.

Taxes fix everything.
They are also preventative. They prevent my wallet from becoming overfilled.

Yeah cause anyone afflicted with such an inconvenience might actually get their head above water for a half a second, and for the love of God stop and think for a moment! *puffs his cigarette angrily* ...And we wouldn't want that now, would we? Therefore, the tax...

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:11 AM
a reply to: Buddyman

Were you being serious about all that Planet X stuff?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:17 AM

originally posted by: 727Sky
The Farmers Almanac is saying the winter of 2014 is going to be a bad one for the N.E. USA...

I hope not, shoveling my roof was not enjoyable.

edit on 23-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

<< 1   >>