It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Next level bull# a result of Above Top Secret's crusade for 'truth'?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Next level bull#....the twitter channel and internet show, seemingly established to expose the bull# of the world. It comes at a time when SkepticOverlord, Above Top Secret's CEO, has increasingly engaged in discourse against some media outlets, from RT to Voice of America; even going so far as to label them both as state-run propaganda. This is not a new trend on behalf of SkepticOverlord, as he has previously disagreed with other media outlets too. Now this thread is not an attack on SkepticOverlord, but rather, far from it. If anything, the prior pointing out of SkepticOverlord's actions, leads me to my overall question:

Is Next Level Bull# a result of SkepticOverlord's, and Above Top Secret's, crusade for truth? It's goal seems to be, after all, an analysis of bull# espoused by not only the wider media, but other mediums also.

I expect hostility towards the project, as many consider it unwise and destructive for an outlet to seek out, and expose 'bull#'. Or, in other words, take the initiative to prescribe what is and is not 'bull#'.

I do see the above as a potential problem, but i will not cast judgement before viewing the material itself.

It will be interesting to see what comes as a result of the project, and i hope it has more stock to it than what partnerships with DTOM and Off The Grid did.

Anyway, thanks for reading.

- Daas.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Twitter is the devil. Next they'll be asking us to join facebook and turn us all into drones.

damn sheeple! Where's my tinfoil hat?
edit on 8/22/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
It's always nice to be on the hunt for bullshiite and make yourself aware of it. I do look forward to seeing what this new venture brings about and hope that it is successful for all involved. I think SO, Springer and Co. are always looking for newer and better ways to do what they do best.

On the other hand... I have seen bullshiite discussed on this forum more than ever since this came about and yes... It's more than normal.

I shared my views on it just last night below:

I firmly believe that the world needs bullshiite to keep the earth rotating about it's axis. It's like fuel of some sort. It's probably the only fuel that we will NEVER run out of. Everybody produces bullshiite. Some of it prettier than others, some of it funnier than others, some of it even more dangerous than others... but it's all still bullshiite.

Put some fuzzy baby buggy bumpers on it, it's still bullshiite.
Put it on a Spirograph with pastels... Yep... still bullshiite.

Dress it up or dress it down... still bullshiite.

They key is to be able to distinguish what kind of bullshiite is being thrown at you and what kind of bullshiite you are throwing at everyone else. Buy the bullshiite that helps you sleep better at night and flush the rest. It's a losing battle and if you have to buy it? You might as well buy the best kind.

It's the new crypto currency.

And while that is half in jest, I do think there is much truth in it. It would be nice if we could actually find away to cut back on the BS. If this new venture does that?? I'm in like Flynn.

edit on 8/22/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

What is this "next level bull****" ?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Revenue

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Personally I like the name of the show. I hope the Bible thumpers can get past it.

I haven't logged in here long so idk who influenced who. But, getting the message out is important. This is another way to open peoples eyes and that can't be bad.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Is Next Level Bull# a result of SkepticOverlord's, and Above Top Secret's, crusade for truth? It's goal seems to be, after all, an analysis of bull# espoused by not only the wider media, but other mediums also.

It think it's just the inevitable result of the twisted paradigm we find ourselves living in. Theres no avoiding it... So sad.

If Im searching for truth, Im not searching the world, Im searching myself.

Sorry for taking the abstract spin. I just dont see the point anymore in trying to find a sliver of truth in an ocean of BS.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Just sit back and watch and question everything. Even the results of someone elses opinion of what they deem as BS.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Please don't call us Bible thumpers like we're some kind of rabid, idiotic crowd.

There's a fair few Christians on this website who are perfectly capable of having a rational debate. I don't agree with the curse word for purely academic reasons. Swearing 'always' detracts from your points.

You don't have to insult peer groups because you don't agree with them

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No one is safe, as evidenced by the topics highlighted in the Twitter feed.

Stills from our production tests…

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
what is this "next level bull#" twitter channel and Internet show? I did 2 quick searches 9th with the real swear word and one using the pound symbol or hash tag in place as was done here. Maybe it's not that popular yet. Should I be looking beyond the first page lol?
edit on 8/23/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join