It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dilemna over General board quality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have been made aware of a General decline in board quality recently. The board quality will undoubtedly improve when everybody quits responding to General Dilemma's purposefully baiting posts. Please people, before this gets out of hand, put the deluded General on ignore.

[edit on 12-5-2004 by groingrinder]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I suspect an inside prank. Corporal Punishment arrived too swiftly.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for 'Private Parts' to show up

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
History Never Repeats (SplitEnz).

Is that a dilemma or a dilemna?

What would happen if this was an internal prank, anyway? Where is the issue with that?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
I suspect an inside prank. Corporal Punishment arrived too swiftly.

I have the feeling the guy is a fake as well.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Do we have General Mayhem yet?
How about Major Drama?

Here's another
Major Discrepancy

[edit on 5-12-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Can somebody define quality please,

If you see that the "quality of the board' has been degraded can you point as in which way that may be?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
If you see that the "quality of the board' has been degraded can you point as in which way that may be?

For one thing, all answers to this General Dilemma are contained in the annals of recent ATS history.

Too many members are too lazy to use the Search button or do the most basic level of research (internal or external) at ATS.

But there is no "behavior modification" program possible to remedy this while there is a laissez faire approach to "members define quality through their posting habits." Do you agree?

Who cares really?

[edit on 5-12-2004 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Too many members are too lazy to use the Search button or do the most basic level of research (internal or external) at ATS.

This is very true. Use the search function people!

btw...people need to stop taking this stuff so seriously. Ive seen the generals thread. If the internet's getting to ya, take a break. Dont let the drama take control.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I got this from one of the old posts M A mentioned last night I forget the thread and poster I think it's

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I suspect General Dilemma is a Mod's invention.
He is a little too "pathetic" to be true, besides - earlier he had "administrator" under his name. Color of his background avatar suggest it too. I think this is a joke which suppose to bring our attention into the grammar and spelling problem
. People got overheated, but many of them will start to watch their language afterwards I guess. I know I will try

[edit on 5-12-2004 by jazzgul]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ok, I will treat it as a prank. I hate getting preached to by REAL generals, so when I get preached to by FAKE ones it kinda gets to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
gg

In the lightest of spirits...

Look half way down here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

What do you see that is familiar???

'Fool me once, shame on � shame on you. Fool me � you can't get fooled again' � George W. Bush.

LOL.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Let me get this straight...

One - in your words, fictitious - member has single-handedly degraded the board's quality.

We're farkeled. We are in major deep shinola...because back over a year ago when he was on, and there were a smidgeon of the members there are today, he didn't effect the board quality. He only irritated it.

But today - when we're an order of magnitude larger - and he shows back up for what - one day? two days? - he has managed to decrease the ENTIRE BOARD QUALITY!

We're done...cash in the chips. Spank the baby. Pack the lunch...it's over.

[edit on 12-5-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I think his posts are kinda funny. He reminds me of an old man, an Archie Bunker type with OCD, living in his own little world. Angry at the things that displease him. Its entertaining a little. Its a choice each individual makes to read or avoid his antics. I like seeing everyone get razzled a little.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:53 PM
link   
IF the General is an fictitious invention of the board, it does not do a whole lot to DENY IGNORANCE. Members are banned for perpetrating hoaxes. Admins and mods doing it is really cheesy.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
so...is he still among the living ? I havent seen any more posts

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Sometimes the hoaxes have a meaning above our echelon. Remember Halloween? Maybe it was an inside joke, or a part of a new game like the "Rings".

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Ah yes, I remember when the good general was an Administrator for ATS before his untimely demotion to Member.

I think his posts are quite droll, really -- he seems to have a burr for every saddle and a bee for every bonnet.

I'm not sure which staff member he is the alter ego for, but I have some suspicions.

In any case, I'm sure he isn't the only account used by senior staff members to blow off steam, and I, for one, find it very amusing.

P.S. Although GD's avatar features an admiral (Bull Halsey) and not a general, he certainly has the right mug for the job, don't you think?

[edit on 12/5/2004 by Majic]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How slow am I !!! Thanks Majic for spelling it out, now it all makes sense. And I gave the "General" the finger too

First time of heard of a sites admin having a sense of humour. Congrats, you got me! well done!

top topics

join