It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unarmed White Teen Shot Dead By Non-White Utah Cop

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn
I perhaps should have toned down the title maybe. But I think you're right about losing the focus on what the problem really is. I'm already considered a racist by some here, but I don't care. It had to be done to show the radical difference in coverage. It also makes me think that through the media, the TPTB want to divide the races even more with their programming. Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7
I'm not familiar with Farva. Is that Pacific Islander?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.
Well the chief will not say one way or the other, so that means he's not eager to defend it.

The chief indicated he has personally viewed the footage, but would not comment on whether he believed the shooting was justified. Read more at www.wnd.com...

Read more at www.wnd.com...

edit on 21-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Just a small observation. He's got pretty bad acne and not a bunch of scarring... This tells me he hasn't had a problem with acne for his whole life and that its semi recent.

Acne is a little publicized side effect of

Steroids

Human growth hormone

And opiates

Some other side effects of these 3... Anger issues. Extreme flairing of temper. And just plain over reactions.

I once saw a friend of mine who bartended who against his friends goading was on all 3 of the listed substances above. Ended up with some Narly white heads and planting some dudes face firmly in the brick wall because he told him to "open your ears, I can't yell any louder" when ordering a beer lol. Kind of a rude comment but didn't deserve a physical reaction. He hurt the guy reallll bad and felt pretty terrible about it for a long time. Terrible enough to quit taking all 3.

Not saying this guy or any cop for that matter dabbles but I know that if I was a cop I would 1. Want to be strong 2 work out all te time 3 probably be very sore from working out... Just saying.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

lol farva is a character from the movie super troopers.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil
You can try and compare but to do that is a disservice to the discussion. African Americans get treated very differently by the police. I have had a case where being pulled over by the police and with me being the driver, my Black friend was hassled and nearly arrested for no other discernible reason other than the color of his skin. He wasn't belligerent, dressed "thuggish" or anything like that, yet they raked him over the coals. It was quite the eye opener. He took it a lot better than I would have in his situation.

Disagree.

You - being black people because this is who you spoke on - AND other ethnicity's are programmed to wear your pants down around your ankles act like you carry an attitude - fvck the world attitude act like you own the streets and be disrespectful to everyone because you - black people - have ancestors who were slaves.

This programming happens by the music you listen to the tv programs you watch the commercial you watch the peer pressure from others who have been programmed to "help" you stay programmed.

Excuses breed excuses.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion
You're welcome and thank you for your thoughts. It is a divide and conquer deal they're pulling on us. CNN especially. Every time they cover a story non stop, you know they're working on an agenda. Do you know theatreboy? He tipped me off to this. If you'd like I'll hand this thread off to you after you've got your twenty posts? I'm not a good typist and getting gang attacked might get brutal. I can take abuse but the pace I might not be able to keep up with them. They're probably organizing right now, lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut
Oh, well it sounded like an island too. The wnd article says the cop is black and that photo I posted doesn't look like a black guy. Must be another Brett Olsen. I'll get a mug shot for him eventually.

Police in Salt Lake City are continuing their probe into an Aug. 11 shooting outside a 7-Eleven convenience store, when a black police officer, whom local media are referring to as “not white,” shot and killed 20-year-old Dillon Taylor, who was unarmed at the time, according to his supporters. Police Chief Chris Burbank said the entire incident was captured on the body camera of the officer who shot Taylor. “You will see on camera … the actions of everyone involved, including up to the point where our officer utilizes deadly force and his response thereafter,” Burbank told reporters. He said the video, along with the officer’s identity, will be released at the “appropriate” time, adding it could be days, weeks or months. Read more at www.wnd.com...

www.wnd.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609
Hello, many years ago I worked at a company with 2 guys that were into lifting. One of them seemed level headed and normal, but his buddy had a terrible temper and acne that my friend and I suspected was the result of steroids. We said something to him about it and the guy almost popped a major blood vessel in his neck. He used to punch walls when angry.

I also had a friend who became a cop and turned into a 24 hour a day cop and all he did was go to the gym. They do have to be able to get physical with people. Steroids are definitely a problem with cops. Maybe it played a role in this shooting. I don't like how the cops get so bent out of shape if people don't instantly bend to their every whim.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Partial video of the shooting can be seen at the link.
www.wnd.com...

“There’s a mindset out there, and the way it works in situations like this [is] only people of color can be victims. A white person can never be a victim. It just can’t happen. That’s not permitted, that’s not allowed because it isn’t the case. The whites are the oppressors. They’re the majority. In the liberal worldview, every majority is an oppressor, whether they’re white or whatever. They’re all oppressors. The minority is always the victims, and the victims are with whom we should always sympathize, no matter what. And the victims are permitted to do anything precisely because they’re a minority, and I’m talking about in numbers, not skin color. They’re outnumbered. The evil majority does horrible things to the minority. And so the minorities, be it skin color or numbers … [are] always victims. And so anything they do is justified and we must try to understand the rage. “But in the current climate in the United States, a black person can never be the oppressor and a white can never be the victim. And that’s how you have a corrupt or perverted news business in Salt Lake City, refusing to identify a black cop who may have shot an innocent person. That destroys the whole picture we’ve been creating here for centuries. That could totally destroy the image that we’ve been trying to concoct. Oh man that could blow it sky high; that’s just not supposed to happen. And so they come up with these things to hide it or to not reference it at all.” Taylor’s aunt, Gina Thayne, told the Deseret News that police know they “killed an innocent kid.” “If in fact they actually produce a tape, it will show exactly what happened,” Thayne said. “It will come out eventually. It will never bring Dillon back, though.” Read more at www.wnd.com...

www.wnd.com...
edit on 21-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
You're welcome and thank you for your thoughts. It is a divide and conquer deal they're pulling on us. CNN especially. Every time they cover a story non stop, you know they're working on an agenda. Do you know theatreboy? He tipped me off to this. If you'd like I'll hand this thread off to you after you've got your twenty posts? I'm not a good typist and getting gang attacked might get brutal. I can take abuse but the pace I might not be able to keep up with them. They're probably organizing right now, lol.

Agreed divide and conquer.

From my perspective they are doing a mighty fine job!

Nah I don't wanna take over your thread but thank you.

No I'm afraid I don't know theaterboy.

The brutal struggle gives you character my friend.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm having a hard time finding a photo of the real black Brett Olsen cop. The media and internet must be hiding it. I need help. He works for the Salt Lake City, UT police department. His mugshot is required! That other photo I posted doesn't seem black to me.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This looks like he was going through some tough times here. I hope this wasn't a suicide by cop. He made some posts on Facebook that didn't sound too good.
fox13now.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Msm isn't the ones making a rage about white cops killing black folks it's the people... So when a white guy gets killed by cops, which happens too, it's up to the. Immunity white, black yellow brown, to make it a big deal. Don't blame the media. Black folks just know how to bring it to peoples attention and demand justice while white people worry about "well if he was black...." Big mistake... Because the same could be said about the black folks dead, "well if they where white..." They would be alive !!!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The media attention in Ferguson wasn't because a black kid got shot; it was because of the reaction there. This white kid who got shot was in Salt Lake City... where nobody will care. They won't protest nor riot therefore under-reported.

When some of you guys complain about how places like Ferguson react and get "out of control", I compare it to the opposite types of places like Salt Lake where there is near-total apathy towards things like this. I don't know why some of you think that's better.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

"if people DONT bend to their every whim"

im a victim of wasn't's turning into was's and missing don't's too.

it really has to be hard for cops tho considering the situation they are in.

guys like this ruin it for everyone else

i know that 90%+ of the population wouldnt ever do what the guy in this video did but cops deal with people all the time and have heard horror story after horror story and personally probably all know at least one widow from the job. gotta make for some tension..

not trying to justify any of this just saying.. a cop should know this is the name of the game going into it and be ready to flip that switch into judge dread mode from barney fief mode.. its really gotta be hard.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 3u40r15m
That makes sense. There are some people out in Salt Lake City protesting on Dillon's behalf. I still think there's a double standard though. For example with the knockout "game", since that started in 2010 almost 100% of the attacks the perps were black. Hundreds of cases. Some deaths. And it wasn't until a white knocked out an old black man in Texas did Obama and Holder charge that white guy with a hate crime. There's something wrong with that. Hatred is a two way street. It goes both ways.

White people tend not to riot and loot in America because they're upset about a shooting. Black people are always ready, willing, and able. Truth being told here now. That's how it is. If the cops keep killing all of us, maybe we'll join forces with the blacks and fight together against the tyranny! But the hatred does come from both sides, regardless of what Oprah or Eric Holder babble on about. I doubt any unity will happen in my lifetime though.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609
Thanks, I fixed my don't mistake. Yes, being a cop is a very stressful job. I saw what it did to my friend. He just wasn't the same person anymore. Not good in that case anyways. I respect them if I can. But this MRAP stuff and military uniforms with helmets? I don't like where it's going. So this shooting in Utah has me wondering if it's a suicide by cop like the 2nd shooting was in St. Louis. Dillon wrote some Facebook posts that sounded like he was at the end of his rope.fox13now.com...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Patiently waits for the right wing media and posters to bring up prior bad behavior, Youtube videos of him rapping about smoking and killing, telling us any other witness to this must be lying or they too are criminals..etc.

Yep...waiting for the onslaught of other threads showing him to be a bad guy and the cop a good guy..

edit on 22-8-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

"if people DONT bend to their every whim"

im a victim of wasn't's turning into was's and missing don't's too.

it really has to be hard for cops tho considering the situation they are in.

guys like this ruin it for everyone else

I guess that is why Cadillac doesn't make the "Catera's" anymore, because lots of want to be thugs drive them and then shoot at cops when they get pulled over. That is a Catera, easy to spot even in a somewhat grainy video. I guess if you are a want to be thug and dont have the $$$$ then a cheap used Catera would be the car for you! It's the Caddy that Zigs!

What a piece of trash that perp was...

i know that 90%+ of the population wouldnt ever do what the guy in this video did but cops deal with people all the time and have heard horror story after horror story and personally probably all know at least one widow from the job. gotta make for some tension..

not trying to justify any of this just saying.. a cop should know this is the name of the game going into it and be ready to flip that switch into judge dread mode from barney fief mode.. its really gotta be hard.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join