It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspect says he murdered New Jersey teen as revenge for U.S. military killings in Middle East

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Back in June there was what appeared to be a random shooting of a young man in my home town. It was a particularly troubling murder as the man killed was known to be an upstanding student and well liked.

The initial suspicions of drugs and gangs was quickly dispelled when it was determined, via forensics, this was a random act with no suspects. Not long after a resident noticed a man coming out of the local park with what appeared to be a gun. The police were called and Mr. Brown was arrested.

He had be living in the County Reservation and had murdered the young man for retaliation for the United States actions in the Middle East. It was also revealed that he had murdered three others in Seattle this spring.

Ali Muhammad Brown is accused of killing a 19-year-old in New Jersey and three men in Washington State. According to court documents, the 29-year-old claimed he wanted to kill the teen as an act of 'vengeance' to retaliate for U.S. military action in the Middle East.

The shooter accused of gunning down at least four men in two states said he murdered a New Jersey teenager as revenge for Muslims killed overseas.

According to court documents, Ali Muhammad Brown described his June murder of 19-year-old Brendan Tevlin as a "just kill" and said it was an act of "vengeance" meant to compensate for U.S. military killings in the Middle East. Source

There has been surprisingly little coverage of this murder spree and the perpetrators rationale for killing four people for his political beliefs. There is also some debate on where, and by who, he should be tried as it spanned multiple states and he could also be considered a domestic terrorist. Mr. Brown, who is a 'devout' Muslim, did this as an act of 'vengeance' to compensate for military action in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan and Iran.

While I do not fear a rash of domestic terrorists it is troubling that the perpetrator was a citizen and felt the need to avenge his country's actions on four of his fellow citizens. He accomplished nothing of any value.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not reported because it doesn't fit the narrative.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Yeah, I can see that, and it is a rather sad state of affairs.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Gon controlled area,a muslim ,oh yeah that will not do at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

what narative would that be

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Well, all the gun control we have here did not stop this animal from getting one. Go figure.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Wow already a remark about gun control, dude is an idiot and deserves death in my opinion, i must have missed the narrative you guys claim to see.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well this young man was troubled. I do understand that he can sympathize with the innocent killed in those countries. I do as well. Those people didn't deserve to die and that is a normal reaction to me.

However, to go as far as killing other fellow citizens for the sake of keeping a "balance" is extreme.

At the same time, I am not surprised, hate is contagious and this man caught it for a reason. I mean those countries didn't get rained on by rose petals in the past two decades.

We must be careful because once you catch the hate bug it is not easy to shake and it WILL make you do despicable things. I think spreading this news will only entice more hate. Don't you?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Wrong religious affiliation for the MSM to cover.

I'm sure there are those who could say of Mr. Ali Muhammad Brown....Obama could come out with a statement, like in the Trevon Martin case..."he could have been my son".

The crimes committed by this young man were hate crimes, and should have been covered. He was a true terroristic threat.

Des

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Wow already a remark about gun control...

Just responding to cavtrooper as I think he is aware of the restrictive laws we have in New Jersey.

...dude is an idiot and deserves death in my opinion, i must have missed the narrative you guys claim to see.

What 'narrative' am I claiming to see?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Are you implying thats theres not enough muslim bashing in the media, poor poor you heres a hug lol.

Dudes deserves death, thats all i get from this story.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

i must be seeing things i guess lol

Yeah, I can see that, and it is a rather sad state of affairs.

you replied this to a poster, maybe i just missunderstodd what you where saying. my bad if i did.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
The crimes committed by this young man were hate crimes, and should have been covered. He was a true terroristic threat.

The whole hate crime meme is getting tossed around in town regarding this murder. Not sure what that will do in this case as he killed four people and a few extra charges are not going to make much difference.

I am up for letting him get extradited to Washington which has capital punishment and this is a pretty clear cut case.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Because I think the news covers topics rather selectively. A religious fundamentalist domestic terrorist serial killer is something that I think should be covered.

edit on 21-8-2014 by AugustusMasonicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Are you implying thats theres not enough muslim bashing in the media, poor poor you heres a hug lol.

Dudes deserves death, thats all i get from this story.

What Muslim bashing in the media. If this man had been white killing Muslims it would have been given plenty of press. Do you even keep up with the press. The only bashing I see are fanatical groups that behead American white journalists.

Even that took this administration several golf games later to come out and make a statement. Weak.....

Des

edit on 21-8-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

All i see is a murderer who had a very bad excuse for is crime, thats all i get no agenda by the media.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Comedy at its best, you even used obama in your bad taste bash, dude is a murderer and nothing else, another brainwashed idiot that deserves death, no need to bash obumer lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
By his own logic the victims families should be allowed to stone him to death.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Yes, but it is an 'excuse' which needs to be addressed. When United States citizens are killing other citizens for perceived injustices done overseas we have a problem that needs to be discussed.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: bitsforbytes
I think it is better to be forewarned and aware of the dangers. Sounds like a case for federal hate crime prosecution. That will not happen though. Victim is white in New Jersey. I wonder if the other three in Seattle were as well. Eric Holder's record on hate crimes.

FEDERAL HATE-CRIME CHARGE AGAINST WHITE PERPETRATOR OF THE "KNOCKOUT GAME" In the fall of 2013, media outlets like Breitbart News, Truth Revolt, and Fox News reported extensively on the growing prevalence of the so-called "knockout game," whereby groups of black teenagers were targeting defenseless and unsuspecting white, Jewish, and Asian pedestrians and blindsiding them with roundhouse punches designed to render the victims unconscious. Accomplices to the perpetrators commonly captured these attacks on video and posted them, as a form of celebration, to the website YouTube. Hundreds of these knockout-game incidents had occurred in cities nationwide since 2010. Many had resulted in serious injuries, and in several cases the victims had died. The Obama administration, however, never took action against any of the perpetrators until late December 2013, when Holder's DOJ filed a federal hate-crimes charge against a 27-year-old Texas white man who targeted a 79-year-old black man with a "knockout-game" attack (which he also videotaped and subsequently boasted about to strangers).

www.discoverthenetworks.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join