It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Think the Water Crisis Can't Get Worse, Wait Until the Aquifers Are Drained

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Quit blaming people for wasting. Blame THE CORPORATIONS AND GOVERNMENT and then have a leg of an argument to stand on.

T Boone Pickens was allowed to drain an aquafier from another state because of the arcaic laws Texas has about water rights. Nestle corporation takes 600 million gallons a year of water out the Great Lakes; Lake Michigan now has a hole in the bottom draining the water to somewhere else.

Quit letting BP throw CoreExit all over their #ups that they intentionally poison just to drill.

This government has no plans to desalinate the oceans just yet, gotta squeeze the poop outta buffalo nickel first.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Are you honestly trying to not make any sense?

If so, good job!

Let's get through this REAL QUICK... okay?

Your reasoning is OLD, and it's DOES NOT CONSIDER the NEW, I repeat NNEEWW technology which has been figured out in the last couple of years.

There are hundreds of quintillions of gallons of water on this earth. Less than 1% is fresh water which can be consumed readily, and we're dumping our waste into a chunk of it.... and yet you're going to tell me about how bad desalination is because of how we will be affecting the quality of water in the other 99%?? ARE YOU FOR REAL?? Do you have problems with critical thought, or something??

Absolutely ridiculous and unacceptable reasoning.

I get that you've invested a lot of time and energy spouting out the same message, but you're not seriously considering what is being presented to you... at all!

Your reasoning is poor, and outdated in the face of the facts.

We don't need to sustain ourselves on this planet for another millenia, we need to do what is necessary to sustain civilization while transitioning out into the stars. If you have a better solution, then present it, else take a step back and allow the people who have solutions to get the work done.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Sometimes I think that when oil is extracted the natural interior planetary lubricants run low. Further this can cause issues when plates slide. Deeper what if some of the aquifers are near oil reserves and when an oil reserve gets low water within aquifers near weak wall to wall points of oil reserve and aquifer fail causing water to enter voids where oil was once present why at same time lowering water reserves seen above ground...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

Sometimes I think that when oil is extracted the natural interior planetary lubricants run low. Further this can cause issues when plates slide. Deeper what if some of the aquifers are near oil reserves and when an oil reserve gets low water within aquifers near weak wall to wall points of oil reserve and aquifer fail causing water to enter voids where oil was once present why at same time lowering water reserves seen above ground...

You know - my mother pondered something similar many many years ago. Makes sense when you view the planet as an organism.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

We are hardly at crisis levels, and if you're bringing up the law of thermodynamics, by the time this law has significantly affected our water supply we will have far worse things to worry about than our water supply.

You are confusing freshwater and saltwater. Two very different substances. Saltwater evaporates into the atmosphere where it condenses into clouds that eventually rain down somewhere. This natural process is being well outstripped by irresponsible and misuse of freshwater sources.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Nice condescending attitude. Just because I don't think we can affect overall global climate doesn't mean I don't think we can have serious regional impact - see the Dust Bowl.

Yes, one of the problems Californians are going to have is that they are draining their aquifers in the recent drought. There isn't enough refill. It has been speculated that part of the seismic activity in California recently is due to aquifer subsidence, meaning those aquifers will not refill even when the water comes back.

Well you know those Californians are of such a mind as to consider that if they are having no rain then no one else is.....or should....so it must be the rest of the countries fault. You know for causing global climate problems.

Maybe they could cut themselves and scream louder! "It only hurts when I laugh".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: Hijinx

We are hardly at crisis levels, and if you're bringing up the law of thermodynamics, by the time this law has significantly affected our water supply we will have far worse things to worry about than our water supply.

You are confusing freshwater and saltwater. Two very different substances. Saltwater evaporates into the atmosphere where it condenses into clouds that eventually rain down somewhere. This natural process is being well outstripped by irresponsible and misuse of freshwater sources.

I cant understand why you say this. They just simply have been getting no rain out there to speak of for a long time now. The natural process have been on hold. The Midwest has been on a good rain cycle during the same time frame. "California rest in peace".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

AGAIN, FRESHWATER and SALTWATER are different things.

To be sure I went back over your posts, but I see no FACTS with any support whatsoever. What new technology are you talking about? Does it actually exist or is it on the drawing boards? Is it just a generalized "technology will save us" fetish?

While I haven't done an in-depth search on the subject of desalination, I have actually done one.

I found one 'new' way of desalination - just theory mind you - here:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Twinning desalination with nuclear power - what could go wrong there?

and I've posted this lecture by Dr. Gerald Pollack which has phenominal potienal for filtering and I suppose desalination but is still in the theory stage:

One of the best lectures on water I've ever heard. It's about a new state of water he and his students have discovered, facsinating.

My point with you is this: Do the homework, for yourself, not for anyone else. Provide backup to your suppositions. Don't get your panties in a bunch - work the problem. You'll be suprised at what you may learn.

edit on 22-8-2014 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I say this because Saltwater and Freshwater are different things. You can't use saltwater for drinking or irragating plants. It would kill most animal and plant life is you tried (some plants don't mind 'brackish' water (low consentration of salt, saltwater) and there is promising research in this area.

You are getting the fact that WE, humans, are using more freshwater each day, week, month then can be replenshed by the natural hyrocycle which does filter out the salt from saltwater and turn it into freshwater.

Saltwater covering the planet - but it doesn't help the problem which is a lack of freshwater.

The Water cycle is a complex system.

What isn't complex is this Saltwater cannot be used for drinking or eating. Only freshwater can sustain terresrial life (pardon my spelling). it's not like you can just dial up the system to 11 to make more fresh water. It's a system that we take out more of then nature can put back - kinda like all 'mined' commodies.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

water.usgs.gov...

Super simple way to make salt water, fresh water....

It's actually a very closed cycle... Water evaporates leaving it's minerals behind(salt included) It rains as fresh water.

So us Desalinating water is merely taking the suspended minerals out, and using the water.

edit on 26-8-2014 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join