It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Stamford Connecticut

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Witnessed by nearly 100 people. I have watched many crafts over the decades and I believe in my abilities to distinguish between airplane, helicopter, drone etc.. . I have no explanation for this.

What you are about to see

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Since they are all moving along slowly and not maintaining any kind of formation, Chinese lantern comes to mind.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't know what they are but you say over a hundred witnessed them? Have any links or anything to confirm it? Think they're awesome and not something I've ever seen before.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: libertytoall

Chinese lanterns.

Next.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'll tell you what I see...
I'm seeing an increase in reports of UFO activity lately.

Anyone else noticing the same thing too?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Quoting alldaylong

What he said.

But my original statement remains the same.
edit on 21-8-2014 by TheProphetMark because: Tablet is a pain

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

This was last night. I am not responsible for the original footage. In fact, I was 1 block away from where this was filmed at a local coffee shop with outdoor seating. There were at least 50 people sitting at the outdoor tables at the coffee shop. Everyone stopped and stared in amazement. There were at least 15 more people on the one side of the parking lot that I could see also staring up at it. The person who filmed the event claims at least 50 people witnessed it between the two gas stations he was standing next to.

It was pretty amazing!
edit on 21-8-2014 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Look Here. A UFO invasion

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That is indeed a puzzling sighting. I believe it is a Soviet or Perhaps Chinese LN model Tr-N, they are actually linked to Astr0's work in a way that might shock you.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If they were just lanterns I set a few off this year. They only made it about a mile away or so. It would probably be easy to find at least one if you followed the way they were going. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Aliens !
Or lanterns , but probably Aliens.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Schwallyjdog
If they were just lanterns I set a few off this year. They only made it about a mile away or so. It would probably be easy to find at least one if you followed the way they were going. Just a thought.

Chinese lanterns fly for about 20 minutes. They can reach a height of about 1,000 feet. They have been know to travel up to 13 miles depending on wind speed.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There seems to be two seperate groups of objects in seperate waves. I like the lantern idea because both groups blink out at about the same distance from the telephone pole each time. But, in both groups I see what appears to be a solid black object that is evident for a short period of time hovering among the glowing objects. The solid black object is clear in the second wave at the end of the clip when a goose fly's in front of it. When you know what to look for you can also see it in the first wave at about 1/3 of the way into the clip.
Conclusion: Flip a coin as to whether it is man made, hoax, other.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I have watched many crafts over the decades and I believe in my abilities to distinguish between airplane, helicopter, drone etc.. . I have no explanation for this.

You might want to brush up on your chinese lantern studies.
See the way they float, glimmer, fade out at the end? Lanterns.
You can even see one that is dark when the flame extinguishes right at the end of the video

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spader

That black object is a lantern that the flame has extinguished.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
a reply to: Spader

That black object is a lantern that the flame has extinguished.
Uh, isn't the flame required to keep it aloft?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
As far as the chorus of Chinese lanterns... doubtful.

They do hold coherent formations... but mostly the thing that makes me doubt they're candles and bags (or balloons) is the simultaneous blink out at the end.

If they were Chinese lanterns one would think they would wink out at different times as the wind and/or wicks extinguished the flames... not all at once.

Balloons on a frame with LEDs and a remote control cut off switch or programmed lighting intervals is more likely... or true unknowns... but I'd be more likely to think true unknown if they went really fast or stopped... something like that.

So I vote intentional hoax... but I could be wrong.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Uh, isn't the flame required to keep it aloft?

Flame is required to heat the air in the bag to get it aloft after that it will float until the air cools and it comes down.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Lanterns
/

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Oh come on everyone, I didn't watch the video, but I'm betting that it's aliens who want to visit the Jerry Springer show, or the Steve Wilkos show.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join