It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Whittle: Ferguson and the Real Race War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Saw this video online recently and it struck me that this cannot possibly be true. When I watch the news on television it leads me to the exact opposite conclusion. I've never heard of Bill Whittle and I have no idea what his angle is, but he's quoting some crime statistics that indicate that whites are nearly 200 times more likely to be victimized criminally by blacks than the other way round. Is this guy a rabbit blatant racist or what? I realize that this, if even accurate, is inflammatory. Apologies in advance.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
here's his bio...en.wikipedia.org...
seems to be about right for his personality...(rolls eyes)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Ok I kinda assumed he's conservative, but what about the statistics? Is he pulling this out of his ass? That's what I'm wondering about...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This man is making the same mistake as others. Victimizimg the victim. This man that I've never heard of is not a journalist reporting facts. He has an agenda and its not a good one.

Why does this man not see a problem with any man dying? There's an epidemic of people not understanding what they are talking about but, that doesn't stop them from running their mouth.

This man hasn't done anything different or new. He twisted statistics to suit his purpose.

Here's something new. This man is in the generation that helped create this dilemma, lets see what our generation can do to fix this stupidity for our children's generation.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Duly noted, but are his figures or his arithmetic askew or faulty? I just can't fathom that this could be even remotely accurate and not have heard about it before. Could the 'system' itself be tainting the data in some way to make things seem worse than they really are?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Why does this man not see a problem with any man dying? There's an epidemic of people not understanding what they are talking about but, that doesn't stop them from running their mouth.

This reason is people disassociate incidents from themselves.. Kinda like a TV show of sorts..
I tell people around me things that are happening around us.. They do not care because it for now is not directly affecting them in anyway..

it is kinda like this.. Brown shot and killed by cops.. ya ok well it isnt me or my family so why tf should I care..
Cops shoot and kill uncle bob.. They will bitch and scream about it and tell people.. from these people a few may care but most will not.. why?? Well it didnt directly happen to them so the cycle ends around there..

So everything going on is because we have dissociated ourselves from the community and only care about who is around is.. Eh?

And you sound like me.. Your awesome..

I didnt watch the video I wanted to comment about you..

a reply to: Urantia1111

Stats are easy to manipulate, I would suggest searching them yourself honestly... That way you know for sure that someone isnt handing you garbage.

edit on 8/21/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Most minorities don't or won't call the police. They handle things themselves. Because of a fear of LEO. So while you can show all the DOCUMENTED crime by minorities, there is crime against minorities that never get reported.

Also don't forget all the people caught in the legal system for whatever reason on insane lengths of probation. Just being involved in negative situations can cause a person to be in violation of probation.

originally posted by: Urantia1111

Duly noted, but are his figures or his arithmetic askew or faulty? I just can't fathom that this could be even remotely accurate and not have heard about it before. Could the 'system' itself be tainting the data in some way to make things seem worse than they really are?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded
Ty! That was sweet! I agree, people aren't connecting the dots to see that this will effect us.

I did watch it. Unfortunately. I won't be following him either. That man is using this tragedy to make a name for himself. That video could possibly fuel racism.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

a reply to: ThichHeaded
Ty! That was sweet! I agree, people aren't connecting the dots to see that this will effect us.

I did watch it. Unfortunately. I won't be following him either. That man is using this tragedy to make a name for himself. That video could possibly fuel racism.

He learned from the best,,,,sharpton and jackson. Just your run of the mill vultures.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Whittle is a libertarian, and I'm sorry if you think the FBI pull their own crime stats "out of their ass" as you put it. All he did was take the one statistic and break it down with math into day-by-day terms to illustrate how common it is for cops to get called out on robbery calls, so that you can see how ridiculous it actually is to claim there is an "epidemic" of innocent black kids being blatantly gunned down by white cops.

If every such incident makes as much news as this one, then his point in breaking down the single robbery stat from the FBI is to show that there would be far more incidents like this one in Ferguson than we have which actually occurs more like once every few years.

And I'm sorry if you think that the robbery tape is "victimizing the victim," but the only reason you or anyone else thinks so is because the media had already constructed a "Michael Brown" character they were reporting on before the tape was released, and this character wasn't the one we all saw in the video. That Michael Crown didn't fit the media character image, so now you think his image is being tarred and feathered when in reality the real Michael Brown had already done it to himself in the hour leading up to his encounter with the cop.

So, I guess to close, I'm sorry if you don't like math because it doesn't lie and I'm sorry if you don't like videos because they don't lie either.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm not sorry I'm looking at a big picture. I'm not sorry that you're offended when someone can say Brown wasn't perfect but, he should still be alive.

What I am sorry for is this is not the message that the protesters are conveying. I'm also sorry that there are so many people caught in the trivialities of this original event that they don't see the failures after as concerning. I'm also sorry that this country has embarrassed itself in front of the world and rather than trying to stop it from happening again the focus is pointed in a direction that won't allow for the future to be any different.

Its too bad we are the ones that will have to live in the future with less rights than we have even now.

a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

News flash.... Poor people commit more crimes. People that lack opportunity and have nothing to lose commit more crime.

The real race war is all around us and in an absolute sense is less severe now than it has ever been in the US. It's important not to diminish the vicious abuse suffered (particularly) by blacks in the 1800's and pre-1950. Inhuman is the best description I can make of it.

Previous generations of black people, Native Americans, Hispanics, Chinese experienced such atrocious treatment at the hands of whites. Things that cannot, should not and will not be forgotten.

Reconciliation of grievances is what the US needs to move forward. Authoritarians adding energy and support to the abusers and openly mocking the abused is directly opposed to the concept of reconciliation.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

But the statistics, if valid, seem to indicate direct oppression of whites by blacks by an overwhelming margin lately. Should that not also be recognized and acknowledged?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Quotes from Jessie Jackson.

Even Jesse Jackson said a few years ago, “There is nothing more painful to me … than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery, then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.”

www.usnews.com...

Young black males commit crime way out of proportion to their numbers. Taking that into account when you’re out in the street is not irrational, it’s street-smart. It’s not profiling, it’s probabilit

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmiec
"My stomach hurts so I'm looking for a purse to snatch."
Tupac Shukar, son of a Black Panther

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I'm not sorry I'm looking at a big picture. I'm not sorry that you're offended when someone can say Brown wasn't perfect but, he should still be alive.

What I am sorry for is this is not the message that the protesters are conveying. I'm also sorry that there are so many people caught in the trivialities of this original event that they don't see the failures after as concerning. I'm also sorry that this country has embarrassed itself in front of the world and rather than trying to stop it from happening again the focus is pointed in a direction that won't allow for the future to be any different.

Its too bad we are the ones that will have to live in the future with less rights than we have even now.

I'm sorry that Michael Brown is dead too, but to assume that he is dead because the cop shot him in cold blood is buying the narrative as constructed ... that Michael Brown is the innocent gentle giant who couldn't possibly have done anything to have provoked this tragedy in any way.

Like Whittle, I am not absolving the cop. He very well might have done something wrong, but Michael Brown very well could have done something wrong, too. Here's a novel concept - both parties might be in part at fault for this.

But it is far too easy to make the easy assumption that just because one man had a gun and is an authority figure he must automatically be the one at fault. I'm sorry but there are lethal shootings made by cops. Sometimes, these people are even unarmed.

How much have you heard about Dillon Taylor? Guess what? He is another young man who was recently shot to death by police in Salt Lake. According to his family, he was unarmed and shot by a black cop.

Wear is all the outrage over this? Oh, the cop is black and the victim white, so it doesn't fit the narrative.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The black youth are a blight on America.

This 17 year old shot a white baby in a stroller right between the eyes because it's mother had no money to give him and his thug friend.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

A bunch of black youth kidnap a young white couple. They raped,tortured them for days before pouring gas on them and ending their torment.

www.theneworder.org...

Just a small sample of the mindset of todays black youth. Address the problem black community. Do something before these things happen. Don't bitch and moan when your kid gets a bullet in the head. Odds are he deserved it and it's your fault for not keeping his head straight.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've repeatedly refused to be dragged into a debate about details. My stance is better teaing would have kept both parties safe.

That example fits my narrative spectacularly ty. Let me spell it out for you. Its not graphic but, it is detailed.

The LEO woke up knowing his job was dangerous. He then put on a uniform that included a bullet proof vest, emphasizing that his day was dangerous. This man drove a police car. There is no way this man didn't understand how his actions throughout the day effected himself and his community.

Brown was 18. His brain was still developing. He was an adult, he still had an adolescent brain. That was further impaired with drugs.

Our LEOs are held to a higher standard. This keep happening because there is a failure that hasn't been corrected. The LEOs need to be trained to handle to community as we actually exist.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
When you choose to use racist phrases you proove yourself to be a fool. Race is not the relevant demographic, financial security is.

Next!

a reply to: jimmiec

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Whatever race commits the most crimes gets the most attention. Common sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join