It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: CNN Source Reports That Darren Wilson DID NOT Have Fractured Orbital

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I know, you're picturing a big fat redneck with sweaty armpits and a white hood toting a Bible in one hand and a noose in the other huh?

A strong distaste for thug culture isn't racism Kali. Many of the people I admire most in this world are black and none of them speak a language that Rosetta Stone can't even figure out.

edit on 22-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I know, you're picturing a big fat redneck with sweaty armpits and a white hood toting a Bible in one hand and a noose in the other huh?

A strong distaste for thug culture isn't racism Kali. Many of the people I admire most in this world are black and none of them speak a language that Rosetta Stone can't even figure out.

I know that I probably shouldn't comment because you're obviously the most enlightened person posting in this thread and who am I to be critical of a luminary of your formidable intellectual prowess, but poor grammar and slang terminology aren't limited to thug culture.

U MAD BRO?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I didn't picture you at all, nor associate you with anything but ignorance regarding that post. I don't think you're racist, I see hate coming from you about many things... you seem to hold a lot of prejudices.

I have an Uncle that lives in Alabama that I can't understand a word of unless we are face to face, his accent combined with his southern slang make it impossible for me... he must be a drug dealing pimp thug I suppose.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Insult my intelligence and life experience all you want bro, I'm not the one who named it Ebonics and pushed to have it taught in schools. Folks who actually speak and write Ebonics would most likely take issue with you referring to their language as poor grammar and slang terminology.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Bone75

I didn't picture you at all, nor associate you with anything but ignorance regarding that post.

Which part did you find ignorant? Isn't a direct personal observation the exact opposite of ignorance?

I have an Uncle that lives in Alabama that I can't understand a word of unless we are face to face, his accent combined with his southern slang make it impossible for me... he must be a drug dealing pimp thug I suppose.

Maybe its just me, but I've never had a country boy try to sell me some sex, much less sex and crack in the same pitch.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
His face was swollen, there was a scuffle by the car, don't take a rocket scientist to figure it out. Brown threatened the store owner, strike one. As I said before, not a big leap to assume he did the same to the cop. It's obvious the kid had no respect for anyone. Just a big bully. That is my opinion, not fact. His buddy already lied about his own original version. I'll give you the benefit of doubt, as the cop DID go to the hospital under an assumed name, so who the hell knows. How can you actually look up the cops records since he registered under a phony name.......nope, I don't believe a cnn report if it really says that. As I said, in the very beginning, we all knew & were told he went to the hospital under an assumed name......regardless, I respect any & all opinions, whether I agree or disagree.. That's what this site is about....just odd to me, every single new poster I have come across, regarding this case, immediately tells stories to make the cop look bad or trash the cop. I would love to come across a newbie with a different opinion or even a question about the case. I'm not even pro cop!!!! But this case........I heard the guy(witness)in the background day one that told the exact story the cop did

How, exactly, does a cop go to the hospital "under an assumed name"??? How would anyone go to the hospital under a "phony name"? Have you even been to a hospital lately?
They want your insurance card first. Then your ID (license) and usually a credit card to confirm your identity. I just went through having to take a relative to the ER for a head injury. Luckily, he remembered at the last minute that he needed his wallet so he had the necessary papers to get treatment.

Can we all just stand down for a while? Don't you remember what craziness emerged from the Martin shooting and the way the media went all feeding-frenzy on that, editing tapes, etc....why would their methods have substantially changed? I have no idea who is telling the truth and who is lying in this case. That is why I'd like to see some sworn testimony instead of wild accusations on all sides.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Insult my intelligence and life experience all you want bro, I'm not the one who named it Ebonics and pushed to have it taught in schools. Folks who actually speak and write Ebonics would most likely take issue with you referring to their language as poor grammar and slang terminology.

Dragging out an Ebonics reference would have probably packed more of a punch in the mid-90's — though I guess it might still play well in certain circles. I suppose we could debate the minutiae of nomenclature in linguistics (not a language! Maybe that's why it ain't gettin no love from Rosetta Stone?), but I'm not inclined to feed trolls!

I believe the gist of your earlier statement was that the speaker was using a variety of AE you associate with "thug culture?" I can assure you that in the deep south, particularly in the more rural areas, the colloquial speech of white speakers (and black speakers for that matter) is very similar and often less comprehensible.

Maybe its just me, but I've never had a country boy try to sell me some sex, much less sex and crack in the same pitch.

Maybe that's explains your negative feelings? A lack of relevant experiences?

edit on 2014-8-22 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

don lemon, the reporter who thought ear plugs were rubber bullets?

the don lemon who said he has an automatic AR-15?

that CNN reporter?

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao
It was HuffPo reporter Ryan J. Reilly who thought foam earplugs were rubber bullets.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

Don Lemon is about the biggest joke out there.

Right along with Senator Ghost Gun and Congresswoman Barrel Shroud.

These are the people that lead the fight for the Progressives against the 2nd and common sense.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

The assumed name is allowed and is for privacy in extenuating circumstances. In this case the officer/police force may have been attempting to shield him from revenge attacks not knowing if the victim was a member of a gang etc.

Here is an example of a public official doing the same:

www.washingtonpost.com...

And a simple google search reveals hundreds more of officers, firefighters, politicians etc, all checking into hospitals under assumed names.

Edit: Even though you use an assumed name, your real name and information are under the assumed name file.
edit on 23-8-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join