It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: CNN Source Reports That Darren Wilson DID NOT Have Fractured Orbital

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This was just reported live on the air and I'm looking for a source. Will update momentarily.

EDIT:

Interestingly, from a Washington Post article updated just after 10 AM this morning:

On Wednesday night, Ferguson Mayor James Knowles III told Fox News that he could not confirm reports that Wilson suffered a fractured eye bone. The office of Robert McCulloch, the St. Louis County special prosecutor, did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Thursday.

I went back on DVR, here's a hastily typed transcript of most of what Don Lemon said:

According to a source close to the investigation, the Officer, Darren Wilson, did go to the hospital, after the altercation and the shooting death of Michael brown.

He did have x-rays done — he had a swollen face — but the x-rays for a broken or a torn eye socket came back negative. That source say that its not true — at all — he did not have a torn eye socket.

And so he's saying that unequivocally — unequivocally denies that, saying that did not happen — but he did have a swollen face — he did go for x-rays.

*** Found a source finally. ***

The Right Scoop - CNN reports Officer Wilson did NOT have a broken eye socket after altercation with Michael Brown

edit on 2014-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Good luck!

I am on CNN's website and if it is such breaking news, why isn't it up?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Not being able to confirm and saying he did not are worlds apart. They said he was injured and was taken to the hospital in the news the next day.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Not being able to confirm and saying he did not are worlds apart. They said he was injured and was taken to the hospital in the news the next day.

Yes, agreed. The title is misleading to some degree.
This from the link in the OP:

The officer who fatally shot an unarmed Ferguson youth suffered a fracture to his eye bone in a scuffle with Michael Brown, according to a family friend.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This whole thing is such a cluster #. The media needs to STFU and verify before they post things. The police department needs to either stop sharing things or get their ducks in a row. All these "witnesses" running around should stop getting air time.

Agree with other posters, not being able to verify doesn't mean something didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
I agree about the media. Individuals are arguing "facts" that keep changing. We should call them theories. The theory today is...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I would think a fractional orbital would be an important piece of evidence for the defense. If it is true, it's going to be a hard case to prove that Darren Wilson had a physical altercation with Michael Brown before he was shot. We'll have to wait and see if this allocation rings true.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

The officer who fatally shot an unarmed Ferguson youth suffered a fracture to his eye bone in a scuffle with Michael Brown, according to a family friend.

The title is not at all misleading. Please read the updated OP. I've been waiting for a source to show up on cnn.com or elsewhere. While searching to see if it had broken on the web, I came across that story from earlier and noted that Washington Post was unable to confirm the earlier story about the orbital fracture.

What was the source for the accounts of the orbital fracture that nobody was questioning?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: butcherguy

The title is not at all misleading. Please read the updated OP. I've been waiting for a source to show up on cnn.com or elsewhere. While searching to see if it had broken on the web, I came across that story from earlier and noted that Washington Post was unable to confirm the earlier story about the orbital fracture.

What was the source for the accounts of the orbital fracture that nobody was questioning?

I see the edits.
I think it was misleading as first posted. I still do not see a link to the info that you added in the edit. That info is not in the WP article.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Because it was released by cops it must have been true...

Come on ATS. for a conspiracy board no one here is asking the very obvious question: Is it out of the realm of possibility that Ferguson and St Louis county police and officials are playing a big game of cover your ass?

There are far more questions then answers, and the way police have handled this whole mess has been piss poor. IMO, this story is yet another attemt to obfuscate the real truths while the cops figure out how to wash it all away.

Between the false stories and the way cops have handled the ensuing protests i smell dirty business.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

The excerpted text is in the WaPo article. I just double-checked. Fourth paragraph below the picture, right after these three:

The hospital X-rays of the injury have been submitted to the St. Louis County prosecuting attorney, and will be shared with a grand jury now weighing evidence to determine if Officer Darren Wilson should be charged in the shooting.

Confirmed details regarding Wilson’s condition after Brown was shot have been scarce. Ferguson Police Chief Thomas Jackson said last week that Wilson had a “swollen face” after the altercation. He also said Wilson had to be taken to a hospital for treatment, but he did not elaborate on his injuries beyond saying they were not life-threatening.

edit on 2014-8-21 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Injuries were not life threatening. ^^^ I'd like to point that out for all the people who decided killing a young man was a justified response to whatever took place between Darren Wilson and Mike Brown before all the facts have aired out.
edit on 21-8-2014 by AnonyMason because: replied to myself

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Well there's a shocker!

(Note to MODS can we have a sarcastic icon?)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Totally agree, perhaps the OP should be copied and pasted in every related thread on ATS.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If it is right after those three, why not include it in the quoted text?
I just read the WP article again... It isn't there.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Couldn't agree more regarding the media. What the hell ever happened to reporting the facts?????

I guess it's all about who's fastest, not who's right.

Idiots.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Watch the video from the link at the bottom of the OP.

Video shows CNN stating Wilson did not have a fractured eye socket.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

Because it was released by cops it must have been true...

Come on ATS. for a conspiracy board no one here is asking the very obvious question: Is it out of the realm of possibility that Ferguson and St Louis county police and officials are playing a big game of cover your ass?

There are far more questions then answers, and the way police have handled this whole mess has been piss poor. IMO, this story is yet another attemt to obfuscate the real truths while the cops figure out how to wash it all away.

Between the false stories and the way cops have handled the ensuing protests i smell dirty business.

Get over it!

Grant you the police state and their abuse is an issue that needs to be addressed, but this case isn't IT!

You blame the police for how they handled this, but why are you not blaming the press for how they manipulate you and everyone else?

I saw you call someone else a shill in another thread, well I see you as an "agent provocateur"!

From the police, to the press, AND to the emotionally gullible who jumped right into this fiasco with blinders on to the truth, there is plenty of blame to throw around as to the disinformation related to this incident!

As to the OP, I am still waiting for the information from CNN as you claimed in the title of this post!

WHERE IS IT?
edit on 21-8-2014 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I would think a fractional orbital would be an important piece of evidence for the defense. If it is true, it's going to be a hard case to prove that Darren Wilson had a physical altercation with Michael Brown before he was shot. We'll have to wait and see if this allocation rings true.

But if he had a swollen face, and if a picture exists to show it, it could still show an altercation took place, although of course not as severe as a fractured orbital.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Alas, no such picture exists.

More dead ends from the police. You would think it would be in their best interest to release photographic evidence in support of their statements. We just have to assume they are upsatnding honest people, i guess.

Laced with sarcasm, i apologize. It's hard to believe one word being spit by the Ferguson Police. Obfuscation and misdirection while they figure out how to make it go away. Unfortunately for them there are too many people watching their every single move right now.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join