It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention ATS Members - Adopt an ATS Platoon

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

Originally posted by Mokuhadzushi

How awesome will that be to wake up one day and see a photo posted to ATS showing guys in uniform holding a sign which reads "Deny Ignorance"?

A US soldier denying ignorance .. that would be a primer.

Are you saying our soldiers are 'ignorant'? Is it just the 'U.S.' soldiers? Please elaborate! (I'd love for your ignorance to shine in your next post!)

(I'm grabbing a drink for this one! Yes, this will be fun!)

I was going to answer the fool but I am so PO'ed about another post I thought I would be best not to
No one is forcing you Mokuhadzushi to participate in this effort.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:30 PM
link   
this is a great idea sour grapes!
these guys need our support no matter what the reason is for being there they need to know that some one cares about thier well being back here.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I am a US soldier, and I deny nearly everything you post. Does that count?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'll get my fiance's brothers contact info. He's not on ATS, but might as well be. He was told he could come home for christmas, but now it turns out different
He needs all the support he can get, I'll post contact info as it comes in.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strigoi
I'll get my fiance's brothers contact info. He's not on ATS, but might as well be. He was told he could come home for christmas, but now it turns out different
He needs all the support he can get, I'll post contact info as it comes in.

I'm not sure I'd post his contact info here, but please feel free to U2U it to me.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Are you saying our soldiers are 'ignorant'? Is it just the 'U.S.' soldiers? Please elaborate! (I'd love for your ignorance to shine in your next post!)

(I'm grabbing a drink for this one! Yes, this will be fun!)

Yes, that's what i'm saying. For one, they are almost exclusively recruited from the lowest classes, those that have least access to education. Secondly, the basic soldier has no idea of what he is really doing, he is constantly subjected to military propaganda (see the thread pentagon wages 'information warfare'). In Iraq, as an example, they are constantly referring to 'liberating Iraqis', 'fighting terrorists' and 'fighting foreign anti-Iraq forces', when all they do is implementing US oil interests and killing Iraqi civilians and resistants, under the false pretext of WMD, then 911, and now 'liberating and stabilizing the middle east'. That is, according to me, the most monstrously definition of ignorance : killing an innocent, stealing his belongings, and saying 'Good riddance, i just liberated you terrorist'.

So, yes, soldiers are ignorant, and US soldiers in particular. How many of them believe the US is the righteous guardian of 'freedom, human rights and democracy' in the world ?

Understand me well : I don't say soldiers are generally wothless people, far from that. I have a high esteem of people risking their lives in defending their country and their families or in peacekeeping missions. It has something heroic. But that isnt, sadly, what is being done in Iraq, it is just the contrary : The US is the foreign aggressor, and the heroes are the Iraqi resistants defending their children, their country and their values from US greed, using only Chelyabinsk-manufactured rifles and hand greandes against billions worth of 'overwhelming firepower', Napalm, fuel-air explosives and cluster bombs! It's like fighting a demon fire-breathing Grizzly with nothing but a stick!! I am really excited at how heroic these people are and how they succeeded in dragging one of the worst scourges in human history, the armed robbery called capitalist warmongering, into a quagmire using the brilliant strategies of General Vo Nguyen Giap. They are sacryfying their lives for the truth, the highest sacrifice a human being can make, while US soldiers are fighting for Bush's lies.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Sponsor a soldoier?

For only 10$ a day you can keep this G.I. supplied with ammo, and for 25$ a day he can even have a flak jacket...

I then actually realized that this is trying to bring people home, or lighten the load for those that can't... good stuff!

Merry christmas!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Moku-

I don't think you understand what this thread is about, and it is not about debating this war, nor the intention/mindset of those who chose to volunteer. It is simply a discussion among members, all with differing views on politics and war, attempting to do something nice for people who are homesick and lonely around the holidays.

I think you could have found many other threads to state your views, but you chose one which contained no strong opinions or debates or attacks on any viewpoint or group. Why do you feel the need to take something positive and smear it with negativity?? It was uncalled for in my opinion.

A care bear would piss on you

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Sponsor a soldoier?

For only 10$ a day you can keep this G.I. supplied with ammo, and for 25$ a day he can even have a flak jacket...

I then actually realized that this is trying to bring people home, or lighten the load for those that can't... good stuff!

Merry christmas!

If it were a monitary thing, I wouldn't be able to help, but I think I can send some burned cds, old art supplies, paperbacks, tea bags, etc. I can hardly afford to buy gifts for my closest friends and family this year it seems. All the more reason to try to make other people happy with what I've already got lying around.

I would be just as eager to give toys to poor children etc, but I cannot really afford to go out and buy new items for strangers this year

When it comes to this sort of thing, I just don't have a political bias regarding who receives gifts, and only view the soldiers as human beings who may need a little something to cheer them up.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by duh squared]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Yes, that's what i'm saying. For one, they are almost exclusively recruited from the lowest classes, those that have least access to education. Secondly, the basic soldier has no idea of what he is really doing, he is constantly subjected to military propaganda (see the thread pentagon wages 'information warfare'). In Iraq, as an example, they are constantly referring to 'liberating Iraqis', 'fighting terrorists' and 'fighting foreign anti-Iraq forces', when all they do is implementing US oil interests and killing Iraqi civilians and resistants, under the false pretext of WMD, then 911, and now 'liberating and stabilizing the middle east'. That is, according to me, the most monstrously definition of ignorance : killing an innocent, stealing his belongings, and saying 'Good riddance, i just liberated you terrorist'.

So, yes, soldiers are ignorant, and US soldiers in particular. How many of them believe the US is the righteous guardian of 'freedom, human rights and democracy' in the world ?

Understand me well : I don't say soldiers are generally wothless people, far from that. I have a high esteem of people risking their lives in defending their country and their families or in peacekeeping missions. It has something heroic. But that isnt, sadly, what is being done in Iraq, it is just the contrary : The US is the foreign aggressor, and the heroes are the Iraqi resistants defending their children, their country and their values from US greed, using only Chelyabinsk-manufactured rifles and hand greandes against billions worth of 'overwhelming firepower', Napalm, fuel-air explosives and cluster bombs! It's like fighting a demon fire-breathing Grizzly with nothing but a stick!! I am really excited at how heroic these people are and how they succeeded in dragging one of the worst scourges in human history, the armed robbery called capitalist warmongering, into a quagmire using the brilliant strategies of General Vo Nguyen Giap. They are sacryfying their lives for the truth, the highest sacrifice a human being can make, while US soldiers are fighting for Bush's lies.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

You, my friend ('friend' used very loosely here), have been living under a rock!

You are a perfect example of ignorance. You know nothing, walking about preaching as if it were truth. Actually quite pathetic.

I started with a long response, but decided against it. This is not the purpose of this thread. I'm not looking for 'extra ATS' points just to argue w/someone looking for such.

Move on, you're not wanted here and not worth any of my time.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You, my friend ('friend' used very loosely here), have been living under a rock!

You are a perfect example of ignorance. You know nothing, walking about preaching as if it were truth. Actually quite pathetic.

I started with a long response, but decided against it. This is not the purpose of this thread. I'm not looking for 'extra ATS' points just to argue w/someone looking for such.

Well said SourGrapes
i totaly agree with you.. Moku seems to have a history of debating out of context with his own self belived ideas on how things are in the world.

Any help i can give you regarding your quest, then please u2u me..
My son is over there and i know how lonely they can get. Its the same for the families having to live it too..

Good luck with it
respect to you

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Okay, I've got a friend who's working the recruiter's office here in New York. He's getting me a list of names of soldiers who are still in Iraq, and has very little family to sponsor them this holiday.

Any names and/or addresses that any of you would like to add to the list, please U2U me!

(BTW, he said they LOVE Ragu and other canned foods!)

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Your answer is, how can i say it ... umm... brilliant. You asked me for precisions, and even got a drink, if i remember correctly. What, exactly, is ignorant about my point of view ?

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Your answer is, how can i say it ... umm... brilliant. You asked me for precisions, and even got a drink, if i remember correctly. What, exactly, is ignorant about my point of view ?

That was last night, I am now in a new day. May have been worth my time yesterday, but isn't today.

Go somewhere else and bother people. I have a project to work on (this one). If you don't care to volunteer, then move on!

[edit on 6-12-2004 by SourGrapes]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have respect for your feelings, and i don't want to hijack this thread. Just don't ask me when you don't want to hear the truth.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Mokuhadzushi

Please stop hijacking the threads, the member is trying to do something worthwhile and useful..

The comments you brought in your earlier post had nothing to do with the quest that is being debated.

Either help out or leave this topic alone. Try starting one of your own where you can vent your frustrations and feelings.

Good title for your thread if ya want to use it.

Mokuhadzushi vents his frustration! come & join the debate

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The issue was settled before you splashed in ...

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Mokuhadzushi

Please stop hijacking the threads, the member is trying to do something worthwhile and useful..

Hijacking ? i was asked to comment in detail, and now you are accusig me of hijacking ? You are escalating and deviating from the ATS platoon pro&con issue with your personal diatribe and insults against me. Do you expect me to say nothing while you place slur after slur against me ? What kind of person are you ? Do you believe in freedom of speech or in freedom of insult?

The comments you brought in your earlier post had nothing to do with the quest that is being debated.

I responded to a question that sourgrapes asked me. Go flame and troll her if you disagree with that.

Either help out or leave this topic alone.

Wasnt exactly that what i said in my previous post before you began attacking me for the fifteenth time ?

Good title for your thread if ya want to use it.
Mokuhadzushi vents his frustration! come & join the debate

Who is frustrated ?
Your idiotic personal insults reflect your incapacity to discuss or accept truth, facts and diferring opinions, usually a sign of thorough frustration.

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

[edit on 7-12-2004 by Mokuhadzushi]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Your idiotic personal insults reflect your incapacity to discuss or accept truth, facts and diferring opinions, usually a sign of thorough frustration.

Hmmm

Not sure i actually insulted you. More like sound and straight advice.

If you perceived an insult from my post, then i do apologise.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

THAT'S Trolling! You are just looking for someone to argue with. You probably noticed that I'm still pretty new here and figured I was a great victim. However, I can hold myself pretty well. I'll meet you on another thread when I have the time to educate you.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

THAT'S Trolling! You are just looking for someone to argue with. You probably noticed that I'm still pretty new here and figured I was a great victim. However, I can hold myself pretty well. I'll meet you on another thread when I have the time to educate you.

When you summon images of US soldiers holding up a banner saying 'Deny ignorance', one phrase of benign questioning of the inherent absurdity of that image is more than warranted. I think there's a lot of mind-reading going on here...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join