It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An "Egyptian" face on the surface in some desert? Origin? Like the the indian ipod face.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
So, I came across this video. Does someone knows the origin of this video, I think it is a copy since the youtube poster copies a lot of videos. I would like to know where to find this on google earth.

thanks!!!!

Cheers Lunica

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Lunica

I would like to know where to find this on google earth.

You can find these anywhere on Google Earth, they're called natural rock formations. Occasionally they resemble a 'face,' but only due to our brains desire to seek out familiar patterns.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Anywhere???? Please enlighten me! Since I am seriously looking for these places. Thanks in advance.
Btw: you are refering to pareidolia. I think this is indeed a very good case of pareidolia. Well, without pareidolia humans suffer by Prosopagnosia?

But back to the original question. Does someone know where I can find THIS place?

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lunica
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Anywhere???? Please enlighten me! Since I am seriously looking for these places. Thanks in advance.
Btw: you are refering to pareidolia. I think this is indeed a very good case of pareidolia. Well, without pareidolia humans suffer by Prosopagnosia?

But back to the original question. Does someone know where I can find THIS place?

Thanks!

Here's one:

www.thewallpapers.org...

If you look at the desert bit of Africa, I can see a face. The two eyes are the two dark patches to the eyes
which seem to be squinting, and the mouth is at an angle.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It does NOT look like 'them (I hate the word alien, its not cool on earth or out of earth).
It looks rather humanoid without the exaggerated outline.

I always look at mountains and see pillars, faces, and what look like ancient structures. In the mountains in various places in Africa.
I do not subscribe to the idea, the earth is this empty palette....and were just now entering this grand age which is based off of comfort rather than enlightenment. We are making everything easier not because we have the task of meditating, and translating signals or scrolls. Its only to be able to sit on our asses longer.

I also do NOT subscribe to the idea that every single object that may appear as an anomalous feature is the result of pareidolia. Sure there aren't leg bones, or marge simpson portraits on the Martian plains, but it would be impossible and illogical to rule out everything as paredolia if we do NOT possess an accurate understanding of the world around us.

I think this is a real process and technique ancient may have used, but this looks like a fake to me. Only because of the highlighted areas around the head. The colors aren't naturally in harmony with the other terrain.

Stormcell : I didn't catch it in your pic. Since I was a child, I always thought the continent we now call Africa resembled a fetus.....WIth west Africa being the head. I can't find the picture but there is a documentary with a pregnant African woman standing straight up and her silhouette was Africa....I can't find the pic

edit on 21-8-2014 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: Reply to stormcell.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Indian face perhaps the Badlands Gaurdian ?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Ok, but that is not exactly what I am looking for. I am looking for the smaller examples, like the ipod indian, also very big though: Like @egoli also posted.

indian Face

A lot of people say there are many examples in what they call pareidolia. Seeing faces etc in landscapes.
I never have seen such an example where I think, yeah, thats really good.

So, I first like to know where to find the one in the OP. I think thats a good one.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This is called apophenia

new topics

top topics

join