It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any flight experts have any idear what i saw? very quiet, low altitude, high speed.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

that's not too unusual. It's possible it was just the atmosphere---you need certain properties for the contrail to form and there could be disturbances such that even if the craft stayed at the same altitude and flew straight, it went through regions of air which were more or less conducive to contrails and so you see broken patterns.
edit on 6-9-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hi, thanks for the reply. I also should have mentioned the size/width of the trail and weird shape.
Imagine the contrail of a commercial aircraft at say 40,000 ft , but now triple the width without any gaps in between of say a twin engine craft. Now I wish ( like everybody else ! ) I had a dollar for every plane contrail I have seen. This was for sure a one off in my experience. The main reason I put it in this thread was because the speed of this aircraft might be in some way linked to the craft Zaphod knows about. I am by far no plane/weather expert, but this contrail was constant and my best description of the shape is a pulsating figure of 8 and the gaps in between pulses were consistent from start to finish. As for speed, we have all seen videos of shuttle coming into atmosphere from orbit, well this was faster than that. I have seen loads of plane contrails where weather/atmosphere/lighting affects it, but this was most certainly not the case then.

posted on Mar, 29 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I have 4 airbases in the area. During the day it's USA & British fighter jets practicing, dog fights & dry bomb runs, sometimes surveillance planes, transport & bombers. But at night only a low flying fast and almost SILENT jet plane usually traveling east back to the airbases. It's observable as its flashing a red hazard light.

It appears to be doing training exercises at night only to avoid being photoed. The lack of noise indicates why it is so secret a reply to: mindseye1609

<< 4  5  6   >>

join