It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any flight experts have any idear what i saw? very quiet, low altitude, high speed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Paper plane like.. yes.
But was traveling at low speeds before its outburst of brightness and speed..

I believe we saw two different planes.
But the 2 designs shared a common need.

And thanks for the photo advice..
So far I see me spending around 3500 to get started..:-)

edit on 22-8-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: Bigburgh

LOL you know every pilot that gets to fly that sucker gets a big ole smile on there face when they finally get to see they ill be flying a paper airplanesque craft!

we talking about the aurora here maybe?

Bigburgh edit:
Hehe..no
I still believe Aurora is a budget code name. Not an actual plane. :-)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm posting primarily to keep track of this thread, but I will add this, FWIW:

U.S. Patent #7,614,586 B2

Date: November 10, 2009

If one or more of the "Weird and Wonderful" things being spotted in the skies with increasing frequency is in any way related to what is covered in that patent,

The owner of that patent will very soon owe me a brand new Lamborghini for services rendered.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

that patent totally seems like a big ole fishing net... cast out to hopefully catch the way we do it. like the guy who patented it never intended on doing it, that they just wanted to own the patent on the way they thought it was going to be done.

pretty good idea but idk how you could patent what they are claiming..

its like saying

"I want to patent travel from NY to London Using a taxi to get to the airport in london WHERE shoes will carry the person to an awaiting air plane of the airfoil type that will whisk them away to london in which they then again use their shoes to embark off about their english journey"

ya know what i mean? no patented tech, just a vague idea using shapes and guesses it seems?

wish they went into the different ships a little more in detail and what not.

i think they probably aren't too far off from a very good idea with this all too. could be the makings of an ez way to space.

I'm pretty sure most of these sightings have to do with a few bidding wars going on and they are out flying around doing "fund raising"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I agree, it does seem to be, as you say, "a big ol' fishin' net": I've always thought that patents were granted for "things", not just "ideas" about how to do something...wherein the actual things that DO what you've imagined might be developed later.

However, the government DID grant the patent for a method, not a specific technology.

The patent was granted several Years Afterthe holder of the patent had been contracted by the military to develop a vehicle similar to what is described in the patent (and bearing some of the same characteristics as some of the aircraft we've been discussing).

And, since the initial contract was penned, maybe ten years ago, and despite the apparent "failure" of the prototype vehicle and supposed cancellation of the project, the military/government has continued, AFIK to this day, to enlist the patent holder for other, unrelated contract work.

A pay-off for silence/co-operation, perhaps?

"This will be big, Sir, you'll make millions when the technology is released. But for now, and in the name of National Security, keep your mouth shut and the government will, discretely, take care of your needs".

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Bigburgh

Some things don't get spilled, this is one of those. I spill what I safely can, but I know where the line is.

If I can catch anything I'll decide what if anything can be shared. Maybe I'll release it to the world and get famous.

Yeah, right.

You seem to enjoy sharing often that you can't share what you know, is it your priveledged status that you are advertising? An ego boost?
Just curious, I don't mind either way..

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

I reckon its just the most polite way he can
say bug off without sounding like a dick lol. Hearing that zaphod knows AND doesn't wanna talk about it IS BETTER, to me, then if someone would of busted out a 2 our documentary about the plane I saw...

I personally really appreciate what zaphod is able to share and how he chooses to risk his own life and freedom just to entertain some doofuses like me on some goofy website somewhere that is full of people blabbing on with WRONG information about stuff that zaph knows pretty well.. Gotta be maddening trying to steer us all and keep us all well fed but not jeopardizing his own freedom. Its a pursuit of joy best I can tell, he just genuinely loves planes and really likes the "special" ones.

Thanks again zaph!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

There are several on here who no doubt know exactly what they are talking about. They normally only say what they know and don't know/can't say in response to someone pushing for info. No ego involved. We should all appreciate the fact that they are willing to share at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I wonder if this aircraft is related to what I saw a few months ago over LA? Similar MO. It too was using some weird electric or plasma drive. Had three lights. Was a triangle though not a winged aircraft. I'm pretty sure it was doing a demonstration for some folks too. Flew right over me heading right towards the federal building (FBI, Etc...) down the street. Seems like the roof top there would have been a perfect vantage point. It's the only reasonable explanation as to why it was there in the first place. Flying low and very fast, totally silent. It did give a good show though.

Very cool sighting to the OP. Also, Listen to Zaph he knows what he's talking about.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

It has nothing to do with either. If I say that I can't say then it let's the person know that I'm not being a total jackass and just ignoring them when they ask. And it keeps from having the same question asked six or seven times.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
cant understand your language

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Sorry, I do have a bit of a strange and long winded writing style. I apologize if its hard to read. Some of the words got swapped on me too by auto spell so keep that in mind as well. Anywhere you don't understand just think what would make sense and see if its close to what I typed. Most likely yes it's just a letter or 2 diff.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609

Sorry, I do have a bit of a strange and long winded writing style. I apologize if its hard to read. Some of the words got swapped on me too by auto spell so keep that in mind as well. Anywhere you don't understand just think what would make sense and see if its close to what I typed. Most likely yes it's just a letter or 2 diff.
What little I could gather this thing may be using some advanced propulsion, but if it has got wings and using aerodynamics, then it is really not a cutting edge flying machine

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

So let me get this straight. This thing makes the F-22, currently one of the most advanced aircraft in the world, look like a Sopwith Camel, and it's not cutting edge because it's still a plane.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Lol just googled the sopwith camel... Wow gonna take a mighty shiny toy to put the f22 down on its level!
edit on 22-8-2014 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The F-22 is a fifth generation fighter, which is currently the most advanced known. This....is higher.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Apparently much higher!

So? Is it the planform or the radical propulsion system that makes it "higher?"
edit on 22-8-2014 by SonofaSkunk because: added question.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SonofaSkunk

It's several things. Generally planform doesn't play into it though.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I wish some of these planes flew around south florida.

All I get to see are choppers and planes flying around.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Look up. One of our friends came home recently and may have gone right past you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join