It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Prosecutor Says No Charge Decision Until October

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Nation of Islam dude on Fox just gave Holder a D- for not talking with them! Nation of Islam will work together with The Revolutionary Communist Party.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mikeultra
a reply to: Bilk22
October is real close to November. When they announce there will be no charges filed, they are hoping for civil unrest to cancel the election. If they made that decision today there would be plenty of time to put out the fires and continue on cleaning house in D.C.

I really don't believe the elections will be cancelled, but I do believe they're hoping that the GJ not indicting will help provide a large turnout in their favor - the libs that is. Oh wait, I meant progressives.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'll be the 1st to say it perhaps, but I heard that there are 9 whites and 3 blacks on the grand jury. Has anyone else heard that? I don't have an actual source, just word of mouth from the grapevine. If that's true and there's no indictment who's to say 1992 doesn't happen again. Rodney King didn't even die. If riots happen on that scale so near the election, who knows what these commies will try.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'll be the 1st to say it perhaps, but I heard that there are 9 whites and 3 blacks on the grand jury. Has anyone else heard that? I don't have an actual source, just word of mouth from the grapevine. If that's true and there's no indictment who's to say 1992 doesn't happen again. Rodney King didn't even die. If riots happen on that scale so near the election, who knows what these commies will try.

Well there may be some unrest in some cities, but I don't think there will be enough to cause martial law or cancel an election.

I think they're hoping this will provide impetuous for larger turnouts by college students who couldn't tell you who the Founding Fathers were or even who the last five presidents were. Heck they may not know who the first was. Those man on the street videos are very depressing.

No I think if there is any conspiracy, this part of it, delaying the GJ decision, is to influence the election and not cancel it. I think the real reason the media has been drumming this drum is to avert attention away from the border and how our elected officials on both sides of the aisle have pretty much ignored it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You're right! The big story just before Big Mike was killed was the swarms of "kids" invading the southern border. There hasn't been mention of that since. They really are masters of propaganda.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You're right! The big story just before Big Mike was killed was the swarms of "kids" invading the southern border. There hasn't been mention of that since. They really are masters of propaganda.

Think about this, Brown was shot and killed under extenuating circumstances. There's really not a clear picture of what happened and certainly no video. Yet the guy killed the other day was clearly filmed and there's not even mention of him in the news other than a small blurb here or there. No one is marching for him even though it was pretty clear he could have been subdued by other means. Heck two officers responded to that call and another car wasn't far behind. That guy is just another statistic and pretty much forgotten. They didn't need his death as a distraction to what they already had going.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You want to hear a theory that just occurred to me? OK I'll tell you. The guy you've just mentioned with the knife in North St. Louis. That looked like suicide by cop. The guy in Utah had made some down and out posts on his facebook page 2 days before he was shot. Possibly another suicide by cop. Could it be that Mike Brown was suicidal also and did it by cop?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikeultra

Racial makeup of a GJ is irrelevant. Its about evidence only.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

You want to hear a theory that just occurred to me? OK I'll tell you. The guy you've just mentioned with the knife in North St. Louis. That looked like suicide by cop. The guy in Utah had made some down and out posts on his facebook page 2 days before he was shot. Possibly another suicide by cop. Could it be that Mike Brown was suicidal also and did it by cop?

Utah? I was referring to the guy shot by police in St. Lewis a few days after brown.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

I do know that some toxicology reports can take several weeks. I'm sure they will need those.

You are correct. I just hope that one of the toxicology reports is the one from the cop doing the shooting. I've long advocated that the cops should have to undergo testing when they fire their weapons.
In our state if there is a fatality in an auto accident, the drivers are required to submit blood samples. I see no reason not to extend that to police officers where a shooting is involved, especially if a death results.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

October is real close to November. When they announce there will be no charges filed, they are hoping for civil unrest to cancel the election. If they made that decision today there would be plenty of time to put out the fires and continue on cleaning house in D.C.

Cancel the elections? Are you serious?

The upcoming elections are the midterms, not presidential.

And canceling elections would result in the people uniting, race be damned, to take care of the government. That action would have the complete and total opposite effect. For reference on how that works, where actions result in the very scenario they tried to prevent, see Putin and Ukraine.

I agree with you that the elections probably won't be canceled but not for the reason you state: "would result in the people uniting"---not at all. If this mess didn't unite the people against the government, nothing will. Nothing could be plainer to me than seeing for myself on livestream the very things we discuss right here all the time---the massive militarization of cops and the over-reach of their power enabled by the government. And yet those who have been preaching and screeching for years about this very thing can't seem to discuss it when it actually begins happening and we can all see it for ourselves on livestreams.
Nobody knows the facts of what happened on that street the day Mike Brown was killed and yet he has become the focus of the discussions rather than what we should be concentrating on----the wrongs we saw with our own eyes. The things on which we agree are wrong---a police state where the rights guaranteed by the founding documents are swept away in a flood of police fears.
I've heard many, many of the pundits who for years have been warning us that we're heading into a police state now just tossing aside the fact that they can see it with their very eyes---"Oh, of course the police and government over-reacted, over-reached or whatever you want to call it.... but how can we excuse this behavior by these animals?" They speak as though no sports fans of all colors and cultures have never rioted and looted when their team won/lost----IT DISGUSTS ME. I don't care if it was literally an animal that was shot down----as we've seen the reports right here on ATS many, many times. I can find compassion in my heart for any human shot down in the street, any dog shot down in the street or even a squirrel run over accidentally. That's why I literally shudder when I read some of the posts on this site.
We don't have to agree on every point of discussion. We can still discuss the things that we see are just blatantly wrong---rolling in tanks and pointing guns at people who have their hands in the air or a camera on their shoulders. Can't we agree that the police should have been concentrating on looking for people making trouble and extracting them?
Why have we let the media control the situation to the point of keeping us divided when we should be uniting against the police state? Why have we let ourselves fall into the same media trap that snapped hard on so many in the Martin shooting, the much publicized rape case at Duke? Rushing to judgement over doctored 911 calls and rumors about who said/did what? Are memories so short? What causes that?
So, No, I don't think the election will be canceled and even if were, the media would still find a way to divide us up and keep people arguing on whose fault it was because as long as we do that we can't make any progress at getting the actual bad guys out of power.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Unacceptable!

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

There is a massive difference between the Police deploying to counter riots and looting and an engineered coup. Secondly the oath the military and Law Enforcement take would require us to protect the citizens - not disarm them.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: th3dudeabides

Unacceptable!

If you rush the process there is a possibility of something being missed which could result in the charges being dismissed. If you wait for the evidence etc then the likelihood of charges being supported increases.

These investigational are complex because of the factors involved and the differing levels of government involved.

patience young padawan.

Remember, patience is a virtue..

and Taco is a noun.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

There is a massive difference between the Police deploying to counter riots and looting and an engineered coup. Secondly the oath the military and Law Enforcement take would require us to protect the citizens - not disarm them.

Agreed.
So do you see a "Ferguson Fall" coming about?
An attempt by one or more bad guy cartels to oust the current administration and create a national state of emergency? One huge, all-encompassing raging inferno or just small grass fires here and there to weaken communities and draw down their economies?
Some folks in Louisiana might disagree with your statement about disarmament you know... I think they finally won their court case but man, what a hassle for something you already owned...
As for the actions of law enforcement over the past couple of weeks, it has a really, really, really black eye, maybe even an orbital blowout fracture?
I'm still wondering who was whispering into your governor's ear....

But not to drift too far off topic, I will be perfectly happy to wait whatever time is needed to be sure that all evidence has been presented. I don't know about the crime labs in MO but in Kentucky they are so backed up that a judge ordered them to hire more personnel when, after two years of delays, the state could not produce their evidence. They are still months behind I'm told.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Well i always said to take over the US you need three things first you need to take over the media. Thn you need to separate the police from the people. and finally you need to crash the economy this would allow a dictator to come in to save us and in effect take control. Once control is established you take away guns and of course rights and set up a true police state. It hasnt happened yet mostly because most police officers wouldnt go for it however if we continue to ostracize them who knows what will happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

What I see is the current administration attempting to use race relations and internal, LOCAL, issues in an effort to distract from their illegal actions at the federal level, as well as to distract from their failures in the international realm.

The reason we still see race being used as an issue is because of people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. At no point have I seen them call for groups sitting down, to lay out the issues as each side perceives them, finding the common ground while identifying the areas that need real work.

I am sure there are other groups currently exploiting the issue in Ferguson and other places. I think in the end though if push comes to shove about the government, that we will find the people will have much more in common with each other than the government.

All this government wants to do is fundraise and give speeches but have shown absolutely no interests in solutions.

I think if we ignored those who want to remain in the 1960s for their own personal exploitation of the situation we might be able to make some real progress. I have found that solutions can be reached when the government is absent from the process.

Hurricane Katrina
While weapons were seized what people don't know is the agencies involved had their asses handed to the by the US Supreme Court. Not only did they get yelled at for that action, they were required to return all seized weapons and weapons that were lost / disappeared had to be replaced by those agencies. The Supreme Court also stated that regardless of situation or declared disasters law enforcement / military cannot seize weapons from the individual and noted they violated the Constitution when they did so.

Looting
Looting is a weird concept because in some occasions its illegal and in others its actually lawful. In a situation like Katrina looting store for basic survival is acceptable (food / water). Taking anything that is not directly linked to survival is not covered. Its still could be prosecutable but the final decision is up to the PA and the courts.

Black eye to Law Enforcement
I disagree in this area, although I agree with the underlying sentiment. The media did its job when it sparked the conversation about police using military equipment. Its difficult to take umpteen different police agencies and then put them together in a civil disturbance scenario. You have agency policies that are inconsistent with other agencies, differing use of less lethal tools, etc.

I would surmise that's why MSHP was called in. Larger agencies are able to deploy a larger number of officers who have the same training and chain of command.

With that said -
Law Enforcement does have the need for patrol rifles. That was justified via the North Hollywood Shootout.
Law Enforcement has a need for military style vehicle. Again justified by the North Hollywood shootout.

In that incident over 100 LAPD patrols vehicles were damaged or destroyed. The loss of that many vehicles will cause severe issues once the situation where they were destroyed is resolved. Some military vehicle law enforcement uses is based on their design. They are specifically designed to tolerate small arms / some rifle fire. Using those vehicles not only protects officers heading to an unsafe area, it prevents disruptions to regular patrol operations by having vehicles out of service based solely on weapons / dangerous items.

Riot Gear -
As we all see rocks, Molotov cocktails, soda bottles, water bottles. etc

They can do damage to a person if it hits. The gear protects the officers from those items while also serving as a deterrent to throwing those items. If the people know the gear the police have will protect them from those items, the less opportunity to throw them.. The injuries to officers is reduced, again allowing for regular patrol operations to resume without disruption from manpower issues.

CrimeLabs in MO
Some larger agencies have their own. Some of those allow smaller agencies to use them while others do not. The state crime labs are available to allow and just like Kentucky, there is a decent backlog of anywhere from 3months to a year, depending on the evidence submitted and tests required.

People need to understand why the wait is necessary. Unlike civilian involved shootings, which is one investigation, officer involved usually is investigated by upwards of 3 or more for various aspects. Some of the conclusions of those investigations can impact the others.

Finally, if you rush this and something gets missed, the cop can walk. If he is in fact guilty lets make sure we do it right so he doesn't walk on a technicality.
edit on 23-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra
Yes that's true, but if the community doesn't like the result they will make an issue out of it. Rodney King comes to mind. Didn't the community claim the jury was racist?

Both sides understood that jury selection could be critical to the trial outcome. The prosecution would have loved to seat some blacks--who tend to be skeptical of police practices--, but the jury pool of 260 people included only a half dozen African Americans--and five of those had no interest in serving on a jury in what they considered hostile territory. Michael Stone, attorney for Officer Powell, used a peremptory challenge to strike the one black to make it to the jury box. Even more troubling for the prosecution, all the potential jurors seemed to be very pro-law enforcement. Two jurors were N.R.A. members. Two other jurors were retired military veterans. Terry White, chief prosecutor in the case and an African-American, complained that "everyone seemed very pro-police; they all seemed to come from the same background." White later recalled thinking "we were going to lose this case." Jo-Ann Dimitrius, jury consultant for the defense, was understandably delighted with the final twelve. She called it "a gem of a jury." The media under appreciated the importance of the composition of the jury. Perhaps placing too much confidence in the ability of the videotape to secure a conviction, the media failed to adequately prepare the public for the verdict that would come weeks later.

law2.umkc.edu...

At 3:15 P.M. on April 29, 1992, the clerk announced the jury's verdicts. Less than two hours later, Los Angeles was in flames.

law2.umkc.edu...

edit on 23-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i still believe they murdered this guy when you shoot someone from 35 foot away and they have no weapon at anyother time it would be considered murder. what i don't understand since this is in Missouri this is all over the news but what about the guy who was murderd by cops recently in new york who was choked to death or the woman who was harrassed t a bus stop in new york recently for breast feeding her baby which is legal by the way the cop grabbed her and her baby hit the pavement head first killing it . that cop was not charged and found not to be at fault. new york cops do stuff like this everyday and the mainstream media never reports it WHY ? are the media people afraid of the ny pd? the guy who was choked to dath was selling bootleg cigarettes the guy in frguson had stole some cigars thewoman with the baby was feeding her baby.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

The officer in NY who did the LVNR was terminated and charged.

No idea about the woman, as I never heard about it.

As has been stated time and again use of force investigations are complex and take more time than a typical investigation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join