It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independence And The Secret Oilfield

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been covered here.

This article seems to be worth a look.

www.oilvoice.com...=0

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Think this was doing the rounds a week or so ago. Doesn't really change anything unless the truth comes out. Either way North Sea oil is a massive investment.

Has Cameron given another reason for his visit to the Shetlands?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well the article hits you with some facts and numbers, nothing to prove anything at Clair Ridge other than what is already known.

Here is a article in the times related to that very same visit to the Shetlands, nothing mentioned about any oil. In fact it was to drum up support of keeping Scotland in the Union.

The Telegraph

Probably just rumours and propaganda.

Truth be told there is plenty of oil and gas all over the UK under ground and sea, methods of extracting it have only started to become viable or should I say profitable. It's still not quite their yet but 10-15 years who knows we might be tapping oil on a large scale again.

Anyways even if they have found more and easily accessed oil and gas, why would David Cameron need to visit?

He's not going to see or find anything he couldn't find on his desk at No 10 Downing street in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Whatever Cameron was doing, the main stream media are keeping it under wraps (there's a surprise)....Reeks of Oil.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Jesus!!! Don't you people ever read your own history? Listen closely. When North Sea oil was first discovered it was spouted that the whole of the UK would for years be self sufficient in cheap oil. Then Mrs Thatcher hit the screens and she sold the family silver from under our feet. WE don't own North Sea oil and neither do you own any other oil found any where. It's already been sold and it's not for you no matter how much you pontificate about it. So stop with all the bullcrap propaganda, It's not yours and never has been. Just as it's not Englands. Well not the run of the mill peoples, just Mr Camerons and his rich friends. Just an aside thought. Isn't Cameron a Scottish name?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
DC is of Scottish descent, and claims to be a member of Clan Cameron, and wears the Cameron tartan, when in Scotland on official business. So yes, its a Scottish name.

Just wanted to point out, if the oilfield really was secret, you wouldn't know about it to be able to publicise it here. The UK does actually know how to keep secrets.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Jesus!!! Don't you people ever read your own history? Listen closely. When North Sea oil was first discovered it was spouted that the whole of the UK would for years be self sufficient in cheap oil. Then Mrs Thatcher hit the screens and she sold the family silver from under our feet. WE don't own North Sea oil and neither do you own any other oil found any where. It's already been sold and it's not for you no matter how much you pontificate about it. So stop with all the bullcrap propaganda, It's not yours and never has been. Just as it's not Englands. Well not the run of the mill peoples, just Mr Camerons and his rich friends. Just an aside thought. Isn't Cameron a Scottish name?

First, dont mess yourself pal.

Second, where is the actual ownership of North Sea oil discussed above?

Third, aye it's a Scottish surname. What of it?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed
The point is, 90% of the oil and gas Lands in Scotland...After the 18th hopefully that revenue generated from the Gas and Oil will stay in Edinburgh and not completely skip Scotland altogether and go straight to London to decide who gets what share and how it's spent. Get it now.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: helldiver

Firstly, you can't change history. It's true. NO COUNTRY own any oil from the North Sea. Secondly the OPs title says it all ie, vote for Scottish independence and you'll get all the benefit from the oil found of our coast. Which no Scotsman or Englishman will. As for Cameron if he is take the twat back an us in England might get a fair crack of the whip.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

And how in hell as I as an Englishman benefits from ANY oil production from these oil fields. We as a country pay one of the highest costs for petrol in the world. You still don't get it. What revenue is generated for what ever country the ordinary man in the street will see no benefits. The politicians will see to that. So don't give me crap as the Scottish politicians are as bad as all the others.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: helldiver

First, dont mess yourself pal.

Second, where is the actual ownership of North Sea oil discussed above?

Third, aye it's a Scottish surname. What of it?

Cameron has more than just a Scottish name. His father Ian Donald Cameron is Scottish. Born Edinburgh 1932. His family tree is quite interesting. His relations include Boris Johnson and George Osborne.
Nothing like keeping it in the family

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Firstly, you can't change history. It's true. NO COUNTRY own any oil from the North Sea. Secondly the OPs title says it all ie, vote for Scottish independence and you'll get all the benefit from the oil found of our coast. Which no Scotsman or Englishman will. As for Cameron if he is take the twat back an us in England might get a fair crack of the whip.

Not at all, i have no idea whether the OP is pro or no, still dont and the title gives no hint, to me anyway. You've assumed the OP is pro.

Keep the rant up though please, you're giving out such an adorable vibe. And as for your "taking Cameron back if he's Scottish" statement, doesn't that come across as a wee bit racist?

edit on 21-8-2014 by helldiver because: a

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Howay man, it doesn't matter where Cameron born, raised or ancestry came from. He knows his allegiances.

The thread is about a secret oil field and the only evidence to support anything is David Cameron visited the Shetlands. I even provided a link with a reason why he went there. I could probably provide more links about how the Clair oilfield could become a more viable drilling prospect in the future but what's the point?

It's nothing new and nothing secret.

Plus why the hell would he need to go visit the Shetlands over some new found oil or anything like that?

Nothing he can learn there that he can't learn in London.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I don't have enough knowledge to form a valid opinion on the vote. Unusually for me I'm keeping my ignorant mouth shut for once, except to say the best informed individual I've spoken to says YES. He also says Scotland has vastly more power in the world than is commonly known.

On the general subject of who benefits from oil or political change in the North, I've long suspected Scotland is a chosen refuge for the international 'elite' during a world crisis.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21 8 2014 by Kester because: Addition

top topics

join