It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Anderson Cooper Interviews Michael Brady, New Michael Brown Shooting Witness

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
One thing I think we can take out of this, which is not germane, but important and that is the Officer got out of his car and chased the (alleged) perpetrators.

In real life, a normal citizen may not go chasing after a BG, or run someone down who is fleeing. We call that 'hunting', not self-defense.

LEOs think that it's OK to do this. They fail to understand their bullets may hit bystanders. They fail to remember they have a radio and can get backup. They fail to remember that they are (at least here) alone and there is no help, and there are no witnesses.

It's a very bad idea for anyone to chase down a fleeing suspect. But if you do this, if you call for backup and don't 'DO YOUR DUTY' and go after someone, often in a foolhardy way, you are labeled as a coward on the force.

It's a policy that needs to be changed, even if we're just talking about stray bullets. It's related to the policy that to get a BG who has done a minor felony, it's OK to call out SWAT, shoot people with the same colored trucks and burn his house down, oh and maybe burn down the wrong house because someone got the numbers switched. NO, you wait for the guy to go the 7-11 to buy some cigarettes and then you and three other guys grab him and peacefully arrest him. It's called tactics, common sense and patience.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: SirKonstantin
a reply to: theantediluvian

Why are we not using his friend as an Eye Witness?and get his testimony? Will be on stand in the trail?

That is the million dollar question. He would have seen everything and yet we have heard nothing from him. Has he been arrested and is he being held on remand?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco

Well i was informed that he is an habitual lie-er and nothing he said would hold in court.
Where the Heck is the Cop? He hasn't been anywhere to see. Shot someone and hid, it'll all blow over and you can leave your cave safely.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

I have a Bachelor in Criminal Justice. Also, a significant part of my career I have worked in private protection. There are hot-heads in the police force worried about saving face, so their buddies won't laugh at them later. This is my concern. If I were on a jury and those facts were presented as indicative of someone "fearing for their lives" I would not place much weight in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join