It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN's Anderson Cooper Interviews Michael Brady, New Michael Brown Shooting Witness

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

If I saw someone running from the police and the police was shooting at him, I might surmise that the runner was "shot in the back", especially if the runner "jerked" as though he'd been shot. As it is, some of the thumb/arm shots could have been from the back, as Brown was running.

I wouldn't call this a lie. Johnson may have thought Brown was shot in the back.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
You could think the sky is green, but if you state it as fact it is still a lie.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

He may have thought that. A guy that lied to police already and had an outstanding warrant doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from me anymore.

His story has already changed a few times.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
You could think the sky is green, but if you state it as fact it is still a lie.

No it isn't. To lie requires intent to deceive.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   

True. I still think there is a pretty good chance this guy is lying though.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
A witness turning up after a week of riots/protests makes me suspicious.I don't know if he's looking to be paid for his story or not but he should certainly be expecting a visit from the police to make an official statement to them now.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The NYT has authorities confirming that Wilson fired his weapon while Johnson and Brown were running, after leaving his vehicle. Witness statements keep aligning.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Oh I didn't realize you wanted to play lawyer ball, should i say he unintentionally deceived us? Maybe that he told a convenient untruth? Let's stick to the story instead of derailing a thread playing word games, shall we?

If you want to play word games I play scrabble over at pogo as keen abe froman 542.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Well you and I both know that I have told you numerous times over several threads that it is perfectly legal for an officer to fire on fleeing suspects if the officer believes they are a threat to civilians, why do you keep throwing it out there? Trying to prey on the ignorant?

and no, witness statements keep contradicting each other. If you can find 3 witnesses with identical statements I'll eat my hat.

edit on 21-8-2014 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Oh I didn't realize you wanted to play lawyer ball, should i say he unintentionally deceived us?

If it was unintentional, it wasn't deceit. Words mean things.

: to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive

Merriam Webster

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
removed per request
edit on 16Thu, 21 Aug 2014 16:05:06 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago8 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven Want to edit out that unfounded personal attack or should i report it? If you can not address the post, don't bother to respond. I have not intentionally misled anyone at anytime. As I am sure you are aware.

This whole case stinks from the start, everyone is riled up even though the statements that riled them up in the first place are shown to be false and it seems like even some time later people are still popping up to get their TV face time in...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven I was but numerous people urged me not to. It is exhausting for people to fight the good fight against those that ignore facts and they have asked me to carry the mantle for them. There are even posters here on the Brown side on the boards that don't even believe what they are posting.

If you don't believe me ask a mod to go through my PMs.

edit on 21-8-2014 by abe froman because: pm

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven Both of those links are about the same post which I attributed to the poster that made them, although the original source turns out not to be as secure as originally thought, the facts of the narrative have been bourne out by the leaks and testimony that followed. Your point is moot and your statement is disingenuous and invalid.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Michael Brown doubled over with his arms at his waist, falling forward and stumbling at a step or two.

This statement might explain why he was shot all up his arm and into his head. So he had been shot previously before stopping to turn around. When he hunched over he became a much smaller target. Based on this account, I'm going to have to conclude the police officer may have overreacted. If you shoot someone, and they turn around--even if they take a few steps towards you--there is nothing saying the officer couldn't have retreated back toward his vehicle.

Sadly, if one goes entirely off this account, assuming this witness is to be believable (which I think he is), it sounds like much of the same overreaction we see from police officers in every potential police brutality type of incident. Just because someone takes 2-steps toward someone when they are 20 feet away doesn't mean you can shoot them when you can take 2- steps back.

This officer couldn't have feared for his life. He pursued a dangerous person who had just assaulted him, into an open street, without any back up. If I feared for my life, I would have stayed the hell in the car and called for back up. Follow the suspects around in the safety of the vehicle.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

So now your an expert on how a body falls and can tell how it he was standing before the fall?
Man I hope you sent the prosecution your info so they can use you as an expert witness.
Lots of things to take into account before you can judge how he was standing by the way he was laying down at the end of it and you don't know any of it.
A 9mm does not have that much knock bak which I am sure you will agree with, and if had any bit of a lean forward going he would not have been knocked back

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ExPostFacto
Which witness?
I heard he was shot in the back, while running away, screaming "I'm unarmed don't shoot!"

If you're saying he wasn't, then maybe witnesses lie. What makes the witness you choose to believe more reliable?
Because he thought about it for almost 2 weeks before he came forward?

Who said Brown was 20 ft away?

"The officer couldn't have feared for his life" STFU!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
A witness turning up after a week of riots/protests makes me suspicious.I don't know if he's looking to be paid for his story or not but he should certainly be expecting a visit from the police to make an official statement to them now.

He gave his statement some time ago. This was just the first time anyone had interviewed him on TV as far as I've seen.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExPostFacto
a reply to: theantediluvian

This officer couldn't have feared for his life. He pursued a dangerous person who had just assaulted him, into an open street, without any back up. If I feared for my life, I would have stayed the hell in the car and called for back up. Follow the suspects around in the safety of the vehicle.

So you know for a fact the officer couldn't have feared for his life...... how? It's amazing you can tell how someone 'felt' in the heat of the moment.

"If I feared for my life, I would have stayed the hell in the car and called for back up". Follow the suspects around in the safety of the vehicle" Can you please detail the amount of police training you've had.

edit on 21-8-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

No, you say that was a lie. According to your standards of what constitutes a fact, we know that Wilson fired one or more shots as Brown was running away and had his back turned to him. We know none of those shots actually hit him in the back, but we still don't know if he was hit at all while he was running. We still don't know what made him turn back towards Wilson again. When i heard the 'shot in back' part the first time, i immediately had my doubts, as a shot in the back is incredibly painful. I don't know if someone would still be able to turn around, let alone raise his arms.

If it is true that Brown 'jerked' his body as if he was hit, then i can imagine why Johnson thought Brown was in fact shot in the back. Obviously he was wrong, that still doesn't make him liar. As far as i know, none of the other eye witnesses has claimed they saw Brown getting shot in the back.

The witness in the OP corroborates crucial parts of the other eyewitness accounts.

- Brown outside the car, Wilson in the car

- Johnson not involved in the tussle

- Both suddenly running away, but we still don't know if a shot was really fired from inside the car

- Brown running straight down the street, Johnson hiding behind a parked car

- Wilson gets out of his car and immediately starts firing at Brown, who's running away

I was asking if Michael Brady is the same guy from the video that has been transcribed (one version by theantediluvian), because he would be the only eyewitness that allegedly saw Brown charging towards Wilson.

In the interview he is very clear that what he saw looked like Brown collapsing, while Wilson is still firing shots at him.

I don't ask again why you think any of the eyewitnesses were deliberately telling lies. But i don't really believe you're in it for the truth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join