It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theories as a Mechanism for Social Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
If you were a government and you wanted to cripple the development of the most intelligent non-conformists in your society, how would you go about doing it? Could alienating them from the rest of the population by fueling their obsession with conspiracy theories achieve your goals? Does fear itself shut down the mind and take the wind out of the sails of most proactive people? Is it possible that all that is popular are wrong conspiracy theories, because if any right ones got into the fray, the government would either silence them or flood the world with so much disinformation to the point that the observer could no longer tell the truth from the lies?

The pinnacle of conspiracy theories is probably the theory that the elite want to depopulate the world. If they want to do this, why haven't they done so? If they feel that a population of 7.2 billion is destroying the ecosystems of the planet, why allow it to go on any further? Are they waiting for some technological development that will make the transition easier for them, or are they giving the populations of this world the maximum amount of time that they possibly can? If the former, that means they do not presently possess the capabilities to enact their goals, if the latter, then that means that they have a sympathy for the populations of this world and are not truly the socipathic monsters they are made out to be.

What do you make of people like Alex Jones and David Icke, who take the spotlight for themselves? 70% of what they say seems semi-reasonable, and yet they go over the edge just enough to render their ideas and movements totally incorrect and ineffective. Is it accidental that these two individuals grand stage this movement? Could it be that they are merely agent provocateurs for the elites, gathering up the scattered ones and leading them astray?

I'll give you an example: Do a voice analysis of Alex Jones and the radio personality Ghost from the same area in Texas. These are the same individual speaker. If he can be so misleading as Ghost to the point of decrying his alternative persona, Alex Jones, what makes you think his most famous alter-ego is genuine?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nechash
If you were a government and you wanted to cripple the development of the most intelligent non-conformists in your society, how would you go about doing it? Could alienating them from the rest of the population by fueling their obsession with conspiracy theories achieve your goals? Only someone who was already pulling away from social situations would further pull away after reading conspiracy theories. For me, I am even more aware of the need to build community these days. I try and be friendly and learn about people more than ever.Does fear itself shut down the mind and take the wind out of the sails of most proactive people? Is it possible that all that is popular are wrong conspiracy theories, because if any right ones got into the fray, the government would either silence them or flood the world with so much disinformation to the point that the observer could no longer tell the truth from the lies?You can never tell the truth from the lies completely. There's no point in trying. All you can do is research to the best of your ability and make rational choices on what to believe.

The pinnacle of conspiracy theories is probably the theory that the elite want to depopulate the world. If they want to do this, why haven't they done so? What's to say that depopulation hasn't occured multiple times in the past? What happened in the world wars? What happened in the Iraq+Afghan war? People didn't die? Am I missing something? If they feel that a population of 7.2 billion is destroying the ecosystems of the planet, why allow it to go on any further? Governments do NOT care about ecosystems. I repeat...governments do NOT care about ecosystems. If they say there is a new law to protect an ecosystem it is a lie. The law is about something else. Are they waiting for some technological development that will make the transition easier for them, or are they giving the populations of this world the maximum amount of time that they possibly can? Oligarchy. Everything leads back to that. It has nothing to do with having an empty planet but everything to do with having the maximum amount of control over the livestock. If the former, that means they do not presently possess the capabilities to enact their goals, if the latter, then that means that they have a sympathy for the populations of this world and are not truly the socipathic monsters they are made out to be. You are correct, the oligarchy has no power. The power rests in your and everyone elses need to believe they are needed and there is no way life could exist without them.

What do you make of people like Alex Jones and David Icke, who take the spotlight for themselves? Annoying assholes. 70% of what they say seems semi-reasonable, and yet they go over the edge just enough to render their ideas and movements totally incorrect and ineffective. Is it accidental that these two individuals grand stage this movement? I don't care. They are annoying idiots. I had rather listen to a five hour long argument between the reverend Al Sharpton and Ann Coulter.Could it be that they are merely agent provocateurs for the elites, gathering up the scattered ones and leading them astray? Don't know, don't care.

I'll give you an example: Do a voice analysis of Alex Jones and the radio personality Ghost from the same area in Texas. These are the same individual speaker. If he can be so misleading as Ghost to the point of decrying his alternative persona, Alex Jones, what makes you think his most famous alter-ego is genuine?
???

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

ANYTHING can be used as a mechanism -and opportunity- for social control. Conspiracy theories aren't special that way.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Who would have the most to gain from the people being scared of their government?
The government would.
This type of theory holds truest to 9/11 or JFK. Something terrible happens, then gov't lets off small clues to their "involvement" The people who believe the gov't would do something so terrible are now afraid.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I agree with you. It's pretty straight forward in my opinion. It's only natural for tptb to have their tentacles reach into every nook and cranny they can find. In more recent years I've grown suspicious they are behind the trend of making almost everything a conspiracy, to the point of ridiculousness. Take for example the scores of people who believe tptb assassinate celebrities because they were in some film full of symbolism during their career but now they've become a blood sacrifice. At what point does searching for truth about the enigmatic powers that be become over analyzing coincidence or non evidence? Another good example is tragic shootings. Whenever there is a shooting that gets MSM attention, this new breed of conspiracy theorists cry out, "HOAX!", and start connecting the dots that lead to their conclusion. Their minds are already made up. Which is understandable, because I personally believe tptb had a tentacle in some way shape or form, in some of the shooting events we've seen. So they have the same reasons to be suspicious like the rest of us. The problem though, is that with the mixture of all the obvious bad conspiracy theories into the pot, the water gets foggy. And with the popularity of YouTube, it's not just your AJs and DIs that get a ton of attention. The so called, truther crowds. Not only does it become increasingly difficult for people to find legitimate information, it becomes increasingly difficult for them to discern fact from fodder. I worry about the youth, and those who are new to conspiracies the most. They have more stumbling blocks before them, then previous generations did. I've noticed this collective of people believing everything is a conspiracy, have a religious zeal. With this religious fervor, they've successfully driven the final nail in the coffin, as far as how conspiracy theorists are viewed by the general public. Think about Jerad Miller and his wife (Vegas shooting). They were part of this truther crowd. Not only were they obsessed with conspiracy theories, they are now immortalized by being a part of them. Darwin award of the year.

I personally think the new world order has been established for some time. What we should call whatever their future holds is, a brave new world. There may not be a tangible one world government but that's part of the illusion. Quoting from 1984: "Oceania was at war with Eurasia and in alliance with Eastasia. In no public or private utterance was it ever admitted that the three powers had at any time been grouped along different lines. Actually, as Winston well knew, it was only four years since Oceania had been at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. But that was merely a piece of furtive knowledge, which he happened to possess because his memory was not satisfactorily under control. Officially the change of partners had never happened. Oceania was at war with Eurasia: therefore Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. The enemy of the moment always represented absolute evil, and it followed that any past or future agreement with him was impossible." The point I make with this quote is that different politic parties, and countries etc. are still needed as a veil for tptb to hide behind. In reality, at least in my opinion, the majority of countries are allies. There are real conflicts, and issues between them as is only natural. But ultimately they answer to higher authorities and it's those string pullers that get the final word on things. It's easy to understand another angle to what the wars in the ME are about when you hear buzzwords like "global community", and hear how if you aren't with it you're against it. They have the power, but they aren't ready to drastically change appearances.

I really don't know what to think about Alex Jones or David Icke. I was never a huge fan of Icke. I learned a lot from Alex Jones when I first started researching conspiracies but eventually garnered as much as I needed from him before it became hard to tell him and his bullhorn apart. One thing I thought was suspicious about him, was his Bohemian Grove tape. I find it incredibly unlikely tptb would take him there for any reason, unless he was working with them in some capacity. Or maybe there's no real secret there, other than what the attendees bring with them. Admittedly, the cremation of care seems unsettling, along with other elite/occult things you read about. In the end, whether these guys are disinfo or not doesn't matter to me. You can still get good information from them, the viewer/reader has their own responsibility for fact checking things they find of interest however. There's usually at least one kernal of truth.

They sound similar but to my ears the voices are different. I love this rant! Haha! And for the record I've never paid Alex Jones or the like, a cent!

ETA: In the rant, Ghost mentions people like Jones calling out for the dismantling of government (8:31). This is something I've also considered may be the case. That through conspiracy theories, those powers that be are trying to get the people themselves to tear the system down for them. So that they may swoop in to fill the void. I have felt they are pushing for revolution.

After Ghost's rant, I watched this piece of comedy:

edit on 21-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here is an interesting discussion I found on YouTube that's worth sharing:

TRUTH TALK NEWS host Howard Nema welcomes friends former CIA Agent and cointelpro whistleblower Barbara Hartwell and truth broadcaster Chris Freedom Flowers for an insightful and revealing look into the truth about cointelpro (controlled opposition) shills in the truth movement. Broadcast LIVE Thursday, November 1, 2012 on www.TruthBroadcastNetwork.com

The broadcast has a few hiccups but it's not a big deal.
edit on 21-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
yes definitely
online and on tv

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I kind of agree with you on how the government or powers that be use conspiracy junkies to mystify the truth even more. It would only make sense to keep people in a categories like how they do with pretty much everything. (separates the loons from the followers so to speak) And I used to like AJ until I seen how radical and crazy the dude gets, but people like him could very well be a part of this whole agenda to group and tally up the number of conspiracy truther's or so called enemy's of the state for when they provoke rebellion. Doing so could possibly give them a right to militarize police forces and prison complexes if there were ever a threat to the national security. I may be off topic a bit but perhaps the Ferguson and Treyvon and many other incidents could be linked as a conspiracy to justify militarizing the police and this could all just be an operation that was mean't to happen some time ago by stirring up civil unrest and practicing these methods to subdue the public. But then again this is all speculation, its always safer to consider all possibilities rather than just sticking with one.

top topics

join