It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw a damn UFO tonight (C Shaped Object: Auckland, New Zealand)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hi ATS.

As some of you might know, I have always had an avid interest in UFOs on this website.
Having previously lived in Northern California, I have had my share of strange sightings in the past.
This has led me to spend several years attempting to understand what I saw, and as many other experiencers will know, it has been to no avail.
Like many of you, I just hit that wall where there's not much else to learn. With the help of ATS I have achieved a level of objectiveness that has helped me not fall victim to major confirmation bias.

Preamble aside, I just saw another damn UFO tonight.

I've been living in Auckland, New Zealand for the passed year. I live in an apartment that sits over a bay, big sliding glass window hangs to my left as I play on my computer.

Tonight was like any other night, I was enjoying a video game and laughing with some friends, when out of the corner of my eye... What did I see?

A big yellow C shaped object zipped across the sky as fast as you could angrily slap someone across the face. The entire performance lasted for no more than 5 seconds, which I should add felt like a very long time. In short, it was just enough time for me to register the movement, turn my head, and focus both eyes upon it.

It went from east to west (my glass doors rest on the west side of the building).

I'm honestly shocked. I had finally hit a point in this field where I was able to calmly let go of any emotions I received from my previous experiences. And now I feel like I'm back in this world where alone I stand as a witness to something that should not exist.

Anyway, this is just a simple declaration. Take it for what you will. As a good ATS member, I expect that even if your own mother witnessed what I saw tonight, that you would not believe her. And that is why I joined this community.
So I ask not that you believe me, but that you at least listen intently.

I have no idea what I saw, but god damn it I saw it.
If anyone in the area saw it too, please write back.
If anyone has seen something similar in the past, please respond with a detailed description.
If you have any questions for me, I'll try to answer, but it was such a quick glimpse that I feel I've already expressed as much as I can.

Love,
TC

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: ThinkingCap

It was the moon.

It was moving a little faster than usual last night.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I believe you , I don't know what you saw but I believe you saw it.
A date and time of the sighting would be helpful , can never remember whether you guys down there are behind or in front of us up here.

edit on 21-8-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have no reason to doubt you, thanks for telling us about it.

I've done a quick search at the MUFON database, but there are no reported sightings from anywhere in NZ from yesterday until today I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I believe you , I don't know what you saw but I believe you saw it.
A date and time of the sighting would be helpful , can never remember whether you guys down there are behind or in front of us up here.

Hey Gortex!
Yeah man, it happened at 11:36 PM. It's 4:04 AM right now, so date would be 8/21/2014 for anyone who reads this in the future. (And to those from the States, yes, I am already existing 1 day in the future!)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Droogie
I have no reason to doubt you, thanks for telling us about it.

I've done a quick search at the MUFON database, but there are no reported sightings from anywhere in NZ from yesterday until today I'm afraid.

Thanks for checking MUFON, I rarely do these days but will add it to my list of sources to check out.

I'm going to compile a list of as many first person testimonies as I can that share similarities to my sighting.
Once I've found a few worth sharing I'll add it to this thread.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

It was the moon.

It was moving a little faster than usual last night.

Faster than a slap to the face?
I think not good sir.

Though shaped like our moon, the only way it could have moved at the speed I saw this object would be if I fell of my balcony. If that had happened, I wouldn't be here to entertain your candid attitude.

"The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper. — Bertrand Russell"

edit on 21-8-2014 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Oh, slaps in the face were moving very slowly last night.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It's the only way I can describe it's speed and the feeling I felt when I saw it.

It absolutely took the wind out of me.
The thing moved as fast as a falling star, but was flying very low.
There are many planes and helicopters that fly by regularly, I'd wager it was no higher than them.
Made no manoeuvres (up or down), just straight across the sky.

If you find our moon performing stunts like this, you're probably falling off of something.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   

A big yellow C shaped object

pac -man?

seriously it does sound interesting, thanks for your post!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

A big yellow C shaped object zipped across the sky

How big was it? ... compared to other stuff found in the sky.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

It's a bit hard to say. I'm using hindsight and my knowledge of the foreground (there's a bridge with lights over the bay, it flew right over that) --- I'd say it was flying as low as a plane, but twice the size of one.

What messes with me was that visually, it was crystal clear. At the speed it was moving, I could only imagine that it should have been blurred in some way. It was as if it was suspended while also moving at extreme speed.

To really go overboard with context, I'd relate it to the waning moon literally falling from the sky.

I wish I had some skill in animations or drawings, that might put it into perspective better.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dr X

A big yellow C shaped object

pac -man?

seriously it does sound interesting, thanks for your post!

Not so much like pac man, but rather a technical C shape. It was rounded and curved, as if it were a disc with a bite taken from it.
And when I say yellow, I mean neon "sun in your eyes" yellow.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

How high up in the sky? 0 degrees being horizon and 90 degrees being straight overhead?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

I'm trying to picture it as it was directly over the bridge.
I would say that it had to be under 2,000 feet.
At the most 1 kilometre.

Dae

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Do us a favor and go google images and search C shape ufo and have a look to see if you find any matches. I just did and thought, you know what, I didn't see the bloody UFO that dude did *shakes head* lol

Woah, unless of course you already did and found nada?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Dae

Thanks for the suggestion, I briefly attempted to search for this before but found next to nothing.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

^

I would say this does the best justice as far as it's shape was. It was perfectly rounded, and extremely bright.
The more I think about how bright it was, the more hope I have that maybe someone else may have seen this.
I live in a city, I mean anyone with eyes who was looking in that direction would have had to see this thing.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I gotta say I'm leaning towards it being a possible fireball left-over from the recent Perseid meteor shower. They travel at different speeds... I've seen some doozies over the years. Although, I've never seen crescent shaped meteor.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It might be a bit more useful to get some insight from the guys over at the forum for Aircraft projects. I'm pretty sure that either Shadowhawk or Zaphod58, or anyone else with "insider" information, would be able to give you a good answer.

It may be the case that this is one of those black budget exoticisms that are swiftly traversing our skies.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I saw two anomalous objects in auckland last night which are not dissimilar to what you saw. A fast moving object that looked like a saucer with a bite taken out of the front and maybe a little at the back. Dull muddy orange tinge came off it. Moved very fast and appeared low. Just after that another fast bright orange object streaked across the sky. Also appeared low.
edit on 21-8-2014 by WorShip because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join