It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins telling random strangers why he hates them; More Grand Hoaxing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this thread, but I've decided it sort of counts as disinfo. No doubt if it's in the wrong place it shall be moved..

So, apparently Richard Dawkins is acting like a bit of a spiteful and naughty little kids. He's been seen wandering around saying horribly unpleasant things to people.

www.thedailymash.co.uk...

RICHARD Dawkins has taken to walking down the street saying horrible, unprovoked things to total strangers. “You must be so disappointed in yourself”

The former scientist leaves his house in Oxford at 11am and immediately begins hurling brief insults at anyone who comes within 10 feet of him.

According to local residents, a typical 30 second burst will include phrases such as ‘please don’t have children’, ‘you look like a baptist’, ‘everything about your shoes sickens me’ and ‘your face seems to be inside out’.

Now if you're anything like me, you possibly have a mix of shock, amusement, and no small amount of schadenfreude (providing of course it's not you in the firing line).

Now the only problem with this story is it is made up - it's pure satire. Of late I've been noticing quite a few of these. Just the other evening while waiting for a plane I stumbled across a site claiming that a Viking ship was found in Mississippi.

Viking Ship found in Mississippi .

Most of these sites have a disclaimer, but often this may not be seen, either through being deposited via a link and missing it, or simply just by overlooking it. I believe this is one of the ways myths get started, much like the tale of 'Ancient Egyptians in the Grand Canyon', and the alleged Buzz Aldrin UFO sighting.
Stories may be taken out of context like the Buzz Aldrin one, be satire, or simply have happened so long ago that no one remembers how the story began. Perhaps Plato's Atlantis can also be traced back to something like this.

Essentially I think when one is researching on the Internet it's important to research more than just one website, and ensure the veracity of that information (as much as possible). Just a few months ago there was a discussion about Sharia law, and a poster confidently stated that Sharia law had been declared in Dearborn. This was not the case; the story in fact came from the same place as the Viking Ships tale.

It worries me just how quickly people will grab information that seems to support their own worldview without necessarily checking that information. Just the same as the 'NASA lies' proponents, but these same people will believe established YouTube UFO hoaxers.

Disinformation at its finest.
edit on 21-8-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I've just noticed one on Facebook saying Sylvesta Stilone has been killed in a car accident involving a drunk driver.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Who's "Sylvesta Stilone"?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Facebook is the death of reason. The velocity of the garbage is incredible.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It worries me just how quickly people will grab information that seems to support their own worldview without necessarily checking that information. Just the same as the 'NASA lies' proponents, but these same people will believe established YouTube UFO hoaxers.

And the worst of all? People who just believe anything
from The Associared press and Reuters. I mean really people?
Their worse than the tabloids because you know the tabloid
is all BS. The MSM is murky and scary with monsters!

edit on Ram82114v162014u06 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Who's "Sylvesta Stilone"?

Dunno, just some random guy I made up. lol

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I've gravitated away from Facebook over the last year or so, it's becoming a stage for useless advertisement.

Take a look at this article about someone doing a little experiement when he 'liked' everything on his News feed.

www.wired.com...

tl;dr: He likes everything and in about a week he floods his friends and his Notifications with useless ads and news stories, to the point where people message him asking if he had been 'hacked'.

Facebook was popular when it was about three years old, before that it was a 'close knit' secret society for collage / Uni kids, my brother had one and I was jealous, then it came out and it exploded with the highschool population.

And now, it's just a place where people rant about their dead relatives, voice their un-needed opinions like it's a open world forum, or gloat about their fancy vacations. The younger generations of this time don't even use Facebook, the average age of uses is between 19-26 I believe, most of those are the tail end of the highschoolers who used to use it.

It's only gained steam because FB forces people to use it by sending notifications to their phones, emails, etc. so people open it see what's up and then just get sucked into browsing. If there were no notifications people wouldn't make the effort to visit everyday.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
None of what I have posted has anything to do with Facebook. The sites I have mentioned are satire sites - I believe the poster under me may have mentioned FB, but I have not (just for the record)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's called humour. Not everybody understands it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I should have mentioned that a lot of those hoax websites are on facebook news feed, which made me go on that rant. Sorry. It's the distribution of it I was getting at.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Oh dear. The Daily Mash is a satirical website, like The Onion.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Unsubscribe.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm kinda dissapointed it's just satire tbh, I was about to hail Mr Dawkins as my new hero. How many times in your life do you want to just walk up to someone and tell them just how miserably awfull they are ? Maybe I'm just a bad person lol and though I keep my thoughts to myself most of the time I still feel like I have some kind of dormant tourettes syndrome thats dying to call you an a%#*$ hole. I found that quite amusing.
edit on 21-8-2014 by GreyGoo because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I now understand the satire

Richard Dawkins ✔ @RichardDawkins
Follow

@InYourFaceNYer Abort it and try again. It would be immoral to bring it into the world if you have the choice.

Richard Dawkins gets owned by parents of kids who have Down syndrome [pics]
twitchy.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

LEAKED photos of Scarlett Johansson’s leisure areas have fundamentally altered the theological landscape, according to Richard Dawkins.

Believers say she can be in two places at once
The influential atheist, scientist and atheist has been studying the images really very closely in his study for over 24 hours and as he emerged, drained but smiling, he admitted he had experienced a ‘road to Damascus’ conversion and could now allow for the existence of a benevolent super-being.

A snippet of one of the satire articles!

Comedic Gold!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Theres actually another one circulating facebook that i just saw today. Something about how beginning October 1st facebook will begin recording all messages made and sent by its users in an attempt to catch those whom use facebook to buy and sell drugs...they're everywhere...

I guess half that stories true considering facebook does record all your messages hah. Just not the "facebook drug task force" bit...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
to be fair, his twitter feed is more or less the online equivalent of insulting strangers on the street. regardless of his views, he does seem to be a rude, misanthropic jerk.

top topics

join