TESLA Assembly plant, Fremont , California.. Amazing robotic dextarity !

page: 1

join

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Watch this short video and you'll better understand why heavy manufacturing jobs will never be what they once were.

Once upon a time this was science fiction and this is just the beginning if we don't blow ourselves up or something...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Cool. I see what you mean. These are some advanced robots and automation. How long before humans are taken out of the equation and we have robots making robots?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sorry couldn't help it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

There are plenty of people there. It's just high-tech capital-intensive manufacturing. They aren't using people's muscles, they're using their brains, judgement and dexterity.

What you should think is remarkable is how much Tesla is making themselves, instead of outsourcing to Asia as is the prejudice of the top of the capitalist class.

The economic and management consequences are important---the design engineers are working right on the assembly line. The idea that people can move manufacturing halfway across the planet and still retain high-profit design is a farce.

Look at Chinese mobile phones---now that they know the tricks how to make them efficiently, their own domestic companies are going to do great on design and take over: Xiaomi.

Don't send your manufacturing anywhere!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I have been working on a project for BMW this year in Germany and this video doesn't surprise me at all.

Everything is automated but that doesn't mean machines are taking over the manual labor. People are still very much required for making it all come together.

BMW Dingolfing (BMW largests plant) for instance have some 19.000 employees and every year they need more people..

Writing this from a hotel in Hamburg where I'm currently working for Airbus and the story here is very much the same....

Peace
edit on 21-8-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

new topics

join