It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good manners can now get you suspended

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw

originally posted by: Annee

Ahhhh,

but that is a racist statement and a classist statement (according to the PC crowd)

Racist?

Hey! Let's count how many times you can repeat type (PC crowd). Is there a rolls eyes emoticon?

Ok, you won't stop drifting off topic. So I must go. I don't want to be the last post before the Mods step in and scold us all.

It's at least twice you've stated this to me now.

Each time I was responding to your post.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: Annee

Which is a pretty low and OCD thing to do. Live and let live. All that hate will burn you up.

Hate?

I don't even come close to you with your anti-government ideas.

LOL. Why then try to consciously remove "bless you" from your sneeze interactions if not for some sort of deep seated hatred? The vast majority of sane athiests don't even give it a second thought. That you even think about it indicates some pretty deep seated issues. I suggest some professional help.

I have issues? You might try looking in the mirror.

I support 100% separation of church and state. When the religious try to control via government that affects me directly. I'm a "Live and Let Live", they're not.

As I support (believe) in positive thought and creative thought energy ---- yes I try to be conscious of which words I use to express something. It's positive, not negative.

But you are obviously okay with the anti-religious controlling through government. Rather hypocritical.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Which is a pretty low and OCD thing to do. Live and let live. All that hate will burn you up.

Hate?

LOL. Why then try to consciously remove "bless you" from your sneeze interactions if not for some sort of deep seated hatred? The vast majority of sane athiests don't even give it a second thought. That you even think about it indicates some pretty deep seated issues. I suggest some professional help.

I support 100% separation of church and state. When the religious try to control via government that affects me directly. I'm a "Live and Let Live", they're not.

As I support (believe) in positive thought and creative thought energy ---- yes I try to be conscious of which words I use to express something. It's positive, not negative.

But you are obviously okay with the anti-religious controlling through government. Rather hypocritical.

Secular.

Non-religious is not anti-religious.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Hate?

Secular.

That's what I said and that's not what you endorse at all. You want government to be anti-religious as evidenced by your sneeze vendetta. A normal person can see this sneeze issue as typical overreaching and hypersensitive BS.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

lol@ sneeze vendetta.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
In my non religious world, when someone sneezes, I say 'shoosh'!. Always gets a smile

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy
In my non religious world, when someone sneezes, I say 'shoosh'!. Always gets a smile

I like that.

I say "you OK"? If they have a sneezing bout I say allergies?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Ahhhh,

but that is a racist statement and a classist statement (according to the PC crowd)

Racist?

Hey! Let's count how many times you can repeat type (PC crowd). Is there a rolls eyes emoticon?

Ok, you won't stop drifting off topic. So I must go. I don't want to be the last post before the Mods step in and scold us all.

Yes, but you choose to pick out a phrase that did not directly relate to the opening post or thread title.

All thread discussions must have more than a little discussion that directly relates to the opening post or thread title or risk banishment by MODS

They have probably let you go because I have been educating you on what happens here.

Your responses picked out specific items that did not relate to the OP (opening post) or the title of the thread.

If you had added several other items that did relate to the OP or thread title and asked me to address all of them, then the post would be acceptable to the Moderators (MODS)

Trust me, I've seen it over and over and am extremely careful to follow the rules here: one's post MUST always be predominately directly related to the OP or title.

This is just an FYI for you, I'm really not trying to be mean, I just want to educate you because I can tell you are new here.

I have seen entire threads consigned to never never land for far less drift than we have been engaging in.

By not discussing the topic, I'm tired now, heading to bed. I am risking scolding at a minimum. But I'm doing it for your benefit, to answer your question.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
a reply to: NavyDoc

lol@ sneeze vendetta.

Sounds like the name of a crappy punk rock band! "Next to the stage, Sneeze Vendetta! You may recognize their hit song 'Sternutation Salutation'!!"

If the girl was doing it to get a rise out of people, then she should at most just have a sit down and have someone explain to her why you shouldn't interrupt classes for petty stuff. Otherwise I see this as a non-issue, no harm no foul.
edit on 8/21/2014 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Hate?

Secular.

That's what I said and that's not what you endorse at all. You want government to be anti-religious as evidenced by your sneeze vendetta. A normal person can see this sneeze issue as typical overreaching and hypersensitive BS.

Yeah yeah yeah, I think differently then you so that makes it BS. 'Cause you're always right.

You missed an earlier post where I said something about it being a cultural phrase making it common usage.

Me consciously choosing what words I use is something else. But, of course that's beyond your understanding.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ahhhh,

Racist?

Yes, but you choose to pick out a phrase that did not directly relate to the opening post or thread title.

All thread discussions must have more than a little discussion that directly relates to the opening post or thread title or risk banishment by MODS

They have probably let you go because I have been educating you on what happens here.

Your responses picked out specific items that did not relate to the OP (opening post) or the title of the thread.

If you had added several other items that did relate to the OP or thread title and asked me to address all of them, then the post would be acceptable to the Moderators (MODS)

Trust me, I've seen it over and over and am extremely careful to follow the rules here: one's post MUST always be predominately directly related to the OP or title.

This is just an FYI for you, I'm really not trying to be mean, I just want to educate you because I can tell you are new here.

I have seen entire threads consigned to never never land for far less drift than we have been engaging in.

By not discussing the topic, I'm tired now, heading to bed. I am risking scolding at a minimum. But I'm doing it for your benefit, to answer your question.

Good grief, are you actually serious? I'm betting your post is a joke.

Good one

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

She is a child and believes in God.

She should have said, "May Allah bless you".

She would have been just fine and probably given extra credit points for adhering so well to the school's indoctrination programming.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Absolutely no joke. Have you thoroughly read the terms of membership here and the rules of posting?

I have been on ATS for several years and have seen threads banished for far less thread drift than we have done here.

Ask the MODS if you don't believe me, there is a forum for that.

I need a Moderator to chime in here!

CALLING ALL MODS!!!

Good grief, are you actually serious? I'm betting your post is a joke.

Good one

Oh dear I am so tired, must go to bed, I totally messed up the format.

Anyway, CALLING ALL MODERATORS

Please don't banish me for this but I'm trying to stop thread drift and have given up trying to be polite about educating people on the rules here. Where are you guys?

edit on 11Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:12:19 -0500pm82108pmk214 by grandmakdw because: CALLING ALL MODS

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Ok people, I just sent a formal complaint about my own posts here just to get a Moderator to chime in.

Hope I don't get banned for it, I was just trying to be nice and keep you on topic because I was enjoying the give and take.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Im sure like the rest of us they are laughing at yiur posts

They are very amusing

Seems like u are trying to make up drift so u can have this thread closed

My two pennies

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

You just don't get it, I was trying to keep the thread open.

I was recently on another terrific thread that was closed due to much less drift than was attempted here by Annee and it gets frustrating when it happens over and over and over.

I was enjoying the give and take and absolutely hate it when a thread that is just getting really interesting gets closed for drift, and it happens a lot!

edit on 11Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:19:27 -0500pm82108pmk214 by grandmakdw because: just because I am tired and frustrated

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

We all get it

Thats why we are laughing

Thread title:good manners get u suspended

And here u are trying to playing teacher

Nothing much more funny than that

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Another_Nut

You just don't get it, I was trying to keep the thread open.

I was recently on another terrific thread that was closed due to much less drift than was attempted here by Annee and it gets frustrating when it happens over and over and over.

I was enjoying the give and take and absolutely hate it when a thread that is just getting really interesting gets closed for drift, and it happens a lot!

We don't need to be educated and apparently you are far too concerned with imaginary banishment from the realm of ATS. If you hadn't started a thing about it thread drift there wouldn't have been any.

------------------------------

I have to say, the more I read about this little kid, the more I think she was just misbehaving. It's one thing to righteously challenge a stupid rule and quite another to disrupt her class.

Saying "bless you" isn't a religious thing - it's just tradition. If she or anyone is going to attempt religious freedom as a defense, I imagine they will go on to say how satan was trying to shoot up her nostrils, before then going outside to burn a witch or two

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Chastisement accepted. I do worry because many of my favorite threads have been closed due to thread drift and I'm getting frustrated. Probably should do myself a favor and banish myself for awhile.

I probably should have not responded to Annee at all when she tried to get me off topic. It was a mistake to try and educate a newbee, as a former college professor, it's a bad habit of mine to try and educate people.

That's why I felt the teacher in this instance was so wrong.
She was forcing her religionist attitudes on the children by turning something innocuous into something that she felt had to be banned, and she alone made the decision.

edit on 11Thu, 21 Aug 2014 23:38:17 -0500pm82108pmk214 by grandmakdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
"Bless you, hang out, my bad, dumb, stupid, stuff, and things like that," Turner said. Those are the words Turner said are banned by her computer teacher at Dyer County High School.

Is this school in nazi Germany or what....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join