It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown Rapping About "Smokin Dope" "Shooting People"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

While you are correct in the fact that Ice-T has never been arrested for killing a cop he was a gang member and committed crimes in his early life.

Lucky for him it appears he made a positive change.
edit on 22-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yep, the court should hopefully flush out the truth.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If he wasn't, he is a fraud and a wanna-be.

Have to take him at face value.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

If he is a fraud, does it matter? Kid Rock is a fraud, he wasn't raised white trash. He was a rich kid from suburbia. In fact, considering the content of Brown's lyrics, it would be better if he were a fraud. But you say that word like it means something. Bad music from fraudulent musicians comes out all the time (we call it mainstream pop), that just makes them bad musicians with no integrity for their art. Usually music connoisseurs just recognize fraudulent musicians and just ignore them. I know I do. That doesn't mean they aren't allowed to push their music and try to make money off of it.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I love being the jerk so here goes.

We aren't talking about Kid Rock.

I hold people to their word. If they say, or rap, or display violent actions, then I take them to be violent.
If they rap about smoking dope, then the smoke dope.

There is a reason why I don't listen to Kid Rock.

There is also a reason why I don't listen to a lot of music out there, nor do I hold entertainers in high regard.

Most of the time, they are either dirt bags, or fakers. I don't have time for either.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Wow you must be a ray of sunshine at parties... You just need to be exposed to better music. Not all music has to be controversial and edgy to be good. That is just what teenagers and young adults do to music, and frankly most of that music sucks. Key word there, most. There are still some brilliant musicians even in edgy music. In the hip-hop/rap genre eminem, tupac, snoop dawg, Notorious B.I.G. all come to mind in this regard. I can name others, but rap isn't exactly a genre that I listen to a whole lot of (though I do listen to some of it, since all genres of music should be listened to, well the good musicians that is).

Sorry to go so far off topic, but music is one of my passions (and I'm a terrible music, but I love listening to it) and I like talking about it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Parties?????? I don't have time for such things. Too busy working a day job, running a business and being Dad and Husband.

I do listen to some music, but not much has high respect from me.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's a figure of speech. But even then, there is always time to unwind and spend a saturday with some friends in a backyard bbq with some tunes playing on the stereo. Or sit and watch the football game on sunday with all your buddies over with food on the table. Maybe play some tunes during commercials (or during the games, do you really need those asshat announcers to tell you exactly what you just watched happened after every play?)

I'm going to make some assumptions here, so if I'm wrong please let me know. I believe you are looking for music in the wrong places. I imagine that most of the music you listen to originates on the radio. That is already a clear sign that you are in the wrong spot. Quality music (general rule of thumb that I've noticed) tends to not be on the radio. That isn't to mean that it isn't there, but when it is there the radio stations latch onto it in a death grip and play the band or song into death until you don't want to hear it anymore. Meanwhile they miss the entire point of what MADE that song or band quality in the first place and just move onto the next crap that is catchy. Thankfully, with the invention of the internet, to find and be exposed to quality music is much easier. Before it took some effort and knowledge of your genres (as well as spending a lot of time in dusty used record stores with music snob employees), but now it is easier than ever.

ETA: Now you know why I am so passionate about this thread topic. I've rarely commented on any other Ferguson thread, but this one I've been with since the beginning.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

I hate the radio actually. I hate the idea that the same 10 songs are played and played and played again over the course of a 24hr period.

If i listen to music, it is my choice of artist and songs.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

That wasn't my point. You can listen to your ipod and still listen to radio songs. It's not about how the songs are programmed, its about the quality of the songs that appear on the radio.

For instance. I have deep love and respect for Jimi Hendrix's cover of All Along the Watchtower, BUT because it gets played on the radio ALL the time, I'd rather listen to Little Wing over it which doesn't see nearly if any radio airtime. But that example is just for songs between the same musician (not to mention it is an example of a GOOD song on the radio as opposed to say a Puddle of Mudd song which I refuse to even mention one's name). I listen to bands that have DEEP followings (can fill many major concert venues) that have never seen ONE song make the radio (except maybe an obscure college radio station or Sirius since you can find just about any artist there).

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: cerbium

So he was a really bad rapper.
Doesn't really have anything to do with anything. Doesn't give insight into his personality, he's just trying to talk about the things that rappers that sell records talk about.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't just despise the radio due to that. They play mostly songs and bands that I have no interest in.
So, it isn't just about the repetition. I am not going to listen to trash.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Fair enough. Like I said, I was making assumptions to begin with and asked you to correct me if I was wrong. Though I will offer to give you some bands to listen to if you are ever interested. Just PM me.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I sing a few country songs on my youtube channel.

That doesn't mean I want to sleep with my sister.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join