It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown Rapping About "Smokin Dope" "Shooting People"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut
What's your point?
Many youths listen to and rap about the very same thing, should they be viewed as people who deserve to die?

The point is, go into any party scene where people listen to the rap music, and ask yourself why the exact crap in the songs is being lived out ALL TOO OFTEN.

I am tired of seeing people I know in jail, getting beat up, and living JUST LIKE the trash music they are listening too.

POINT IS, these forms of RAP, are the only ones getting lived on the streets, and PROUDLY.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: cerbium

Who confuses Hip Hop with real life? Why do the words that come out of a rappers mouth speak to his character, when the words that come out of a rockers mouth are just lyrics to a song?

I've heard Slayer sing about Fallen Angels. Does that mean that Kerry King is the Devil?

Eminem was even more unknown than Brown is now when he wrote "Kim."

I don't understand why we stop at singers anyway. The writer of Game of Thrones really rape, kill, poison and otherwise destroy every life he comes in contact with? He does in his books.

Pure goofballs.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Well really the burden of proof lies with you since you made the claim. So no, that response is hardly sufficiant for your 'facts'.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

So what? I can probably find a bunch of rednecks in Kentucky that listen to bluegrass and would no sooner shoot each other than look at each other all because they are part of a different backwoods drug gang. That doesn't mean that all people who listen to bluegrass are bad.

Seriously, do you go out and preach against people who play Call of Duty? I mean they MUST be acting out their fantasies of wanting to kill a bunch of people right?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Smokin dope..#in hoes...Smokin dope..#in hoes...Smokin dope..#in hoes...Smokin dope..#in hoes...Smokin dope..#in hoes...Smokin dope..#in hoes...

This dude is worse than Kanye...I just want a real bitch...smokin dope...kill #...

or a better track is Body Baq...chop you up with a machete...

I hope this is not how he wanted to pay for tech school...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Oh give it a rest. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the aspirations of all these "rappers" today. "Lemme f*** yo hoe!", "Bust a cap in his a**". Either those who rap these lyrics are idiots, or they're dangerous. Either one isn't any good.

I miss the days of parachute pants, MC Hammers "Can't Touch This" is as gangster as I care to get.

Well it shows how little you know then. First, there are several rappers past and present who are educated and articulate themselves well. Than there are those who are otherwise rappers with "ghostwriters" to make record sales. And of course you have barely civilized thugs who muscle their way into the business.

To assume all of their aspirations are hoe slapping, champagne drinking rich wannabes is pretty idiotic. They rap about what makes money, drugs, sex and violence. If it didn't sell they wouldn't be rapping it.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
and how did Jay-Z make his money...I mean, I know he hangs around the White House now but...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Because the level of a threat didn't call for a tazer or pepper spray.

The level of threat was that the LEO feared for his life. And Mr. Brown confirmed the fear by coming at him a second time.

All of this is of course is being provided...............right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Okay, so let's look at it another way. RAP may not have the influence on Mr. Brown, but there is a reason why he not only listened to it, but created it, using the lyrics that he did.

He identified with it, supplied his own version.

Unless he is a giant faker and liar, his RAP does provide insight into who he is.

RAP didn't make him, he made the RAP game.............

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

tech school...

College...... get with the program.
Vatterott Educational Systems is practically Ivy League.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Such conjecture is irrational and has zero basis in real life. Comparing real life to entertainment is best left for people who don't go outside.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Get out of here, a black kid was rapping like a gangster? No way?!

Mind blown!

Definitely guilty.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: queenofswords
There are too many posters screaming that Michael Brown was shot because he was black....or, jaywalking...or, he stole some cigars...or, he got cocky with a white cop...or, some such thing as that. Shut up already and use your brain.

Michael Brown was shot because he was trying to kill Darren Wilson by attempting to cold cock him unconscious and take his service weapon. Once he had that gun, no telling what he might have done. This was a 6'4" 300 lb. young thug pushing against a 150 lb. man attempting to do his job. If you don't think that LEO was in fear of his life, whether Brown was armed or not, you're simply not thinking.

So why couldn't he have used a taser or pepper spray?

How come nobody says that when criminals shoot people?

Criminals are breaking the law... I'm pretty sure they don't get a damn about what they are doing so what's the point of complaining about it? They will do what they are going to do. But that doesn't mean that cops should stoop to their level.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

Well that is something that the court trial is going to answer. This thread is about listening to rap equating to being a bad person.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

So do you think he was telling the truth in his lyrics?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Lol, this thread has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the lyrics not the genre. "Gonna tie up your mom" "cut off your dick in the shower' That is not normal rap.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: cerbium From the net: The animals pictured below car-jacked, then raped Christopher Newsom, cut off his penis, then set him on fire and fatally shot him several times while they forced his girlfriend, Channon Christian, to watch. An even more cruel fate awaited her! Of course the victims were white.

Sounds like normal rap to me...

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cerbium

Lol, this thread has nothing to do with that, it has to do with the lyrics not the genre. "Gonna tie up your mom" "cut off your dick in the shower' That is not normal rap.

Yes it is. It's called Gansta Rap and it was made famous by the likes of Tupac and Snoop Dawg.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

originally posted by: cerbium
Are people portraying Eminem as an innocent boy who was off to college?

Did Eminem kills his wife, stuff her in a trunk and drive off a cliff?

no. absolutely not.
that was stan

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

It seems that Micheal Brown was a rapper and the things he rapped about only paints a clearer image of who Micheal Brown really was.

Ahh Yeaaah, and what picture does Music and rapping really paint?

ICE-TEA not only sang but wrote a song called Cop Killer and getting back revenge. Today he plays a cop in tv , is worth multi millions , and is not considered a threat to society even though he tries to protray that image.

I enjoy all types of music including rap as long as its not whiny,although I don't sing or rap them because frankly I suck.

Plus I know and see lots of kids these days lisntening to Rap while attending college.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join