It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown Rapping About "Smokin Dope" "Shooting People"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

I didn't deny my involvement in using character assassination against the police. But again, I'M not on trial here. I got myself removed from jury selection once because I couldn't be honest when considering a police officer's statement.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I agree that using it as a distraction is wrong.
But, in all reality, it is all a distraction.

As for Tipper, her real goal was control.

If one listens to music with profanity, their use of profanity is pretty much a given.

Does listening to music produce killers???? No...
Does it provide a collective feeling for someone, and maybe all one to justify things??? I will bet lunch it does.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
if their is any character assassination it`s because Brown assassinated his own character,and yes this all relevant.
Moral turpitude, look it up if you aren`t sure what it is, it can be used in court to completely dismiss a witnesses testimony and even used to prevent a witness from testifying.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: macman

That's like saying that people play Call of Duty because they secretly like to mow down people with assault rifles.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: macman

a reply to: cerbium

How dare you, or anyone else show anything that contradicts this idea that he was a gentle giant just planning to go to college.

I mean, him rapping about such things, and stealing stuff, and intimidating store owners can't be relevant in this............because it isn't fair that he is shown for what he was.

So should I judge the character of white people for being in a Heavy Metal band that uses Satanic imagery and sings about evil things? I mean CERTAINLY Slayer is a bunch of jackasses and punks. Oh wait Tom Araya (lead singer/bassist) is a devout Catholic.

Seriously this thread is character assassination and has NOTHING to do with the case at all.

If a white person in a Heavy Metal band assaulted a store owner and it was caught on video, then yes. you can judge their character. And it wouldn't be considered 'character assassination' .

"character assassination - noun : the act of saying falsethings about a person usually in order to make the public stop liking or trusting that person
http://"www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/character%20assassination
edit on 21-8-2014 by UnBreakable because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
You are working on this automatically assumed premise that Mr. Brown is the victim.

OMG! He IS the victim! He's dead. He was killed. He was unarmed. He was shot 6 times! These are all facts.

His character has nothing to do with what happened that day. How he acted THAT DAY is all that matters.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

You can judge the character based off of the assault, but to do so based off of the music is incorrect. To do so would be to make the blanket assumption that all people who like or make that genre of music are bad.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

and ?

just my opinion - but rap music = talking utter Shiite to a bastardisation of music

if that's all you got - give up now

Rap actually stands for Rhythm And Poetry. Original rap music was just that poetry set to rhythm but its turned into people just talking about women money and being a thug. I don't really consider todays rap music rap but more just wanna be gangsters talking with music in the background. But as other people have stated there is freedom of speech and saying something does not make you guilty and sentence you to death. He might be guilty and the killing may have been justified but this music has no relevance.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: BGTM90

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

and ?

just my opinion - but rap music = talking utter Shiite to a bastardisation of music

if that's all you got - give up now

Rap actually stands for Rhythm And Poetry. Original rap music was just that poetry set to rhythm but its turned into people just talking about women money and being a thug. I don't really consider todays rap music rap but more just wanna be gangsters talking with music in the background. But as other people have stated there is freedom of speech and saying something does not make you guilty and sentence you to death. He might be guilty and the killing may have been justified but this music has no relevance.

The word had been used in British English since the 16th century, and specifically meaning "to say" since the 18th.

Wikipedia: Rapping
Rapping means talking, and it meant that long before the 'rap' music genre started.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

exactly, and since there is disagreement among the witnesses as to how he acted then it is completely appropriate to look into his character.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sorry I should have said RAP in reference to rap music stands for Rhythm And Poetry. My mistake.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Brown obviously knows that the "tall Israeli" won't give him a record deal unless he insights violence and drug dealing.

TALL ISRAELI

Mos Def's 2004 album The New Danger featured the controversial song, "The Rape Over", a parody of Jay-Z's The Blueprint hit "The Takeover" which provides a list of influential forces he sees running the hip hop music industry, Mos Def thus refers to Cohen, rapping that "some tall Israeli is runnin' this rap #": 

Yeah I managed to sneak Israel into a Michael Brown thread. What?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
A lot of artists say that in their lyrics. Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Chris Brown...NWA, Ice Cube, ice T. the list goes on...now listen to some Heavy metal...they sing about worshiping satan and everything else.

This does NOT mean that every artist with a bad Lyric of some sort should be shot dead on the street.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

it is equally incorrect to say that since all rappers don`t attack policemen then none of them do.you can`t just pick one thing and say that since it doesn`t conclusively prove that he was of bad character that he must have had a good character.
you have to look at all of past actions in order to get a more accurate picture of his character.

It`s the Duck test,and so far we know that he has web feet,a bill, feathers and he quacks,if I was a duck hunter I would be shooting it right now.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I know. My whole point is that you can't judge someone's character based off of the music they produce. There are some bad apples and there are some good apples. The two are completely unrelated.

When I say not all, that means none up to 1 less than all. That's basic inductive logic flow there.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Even though this is really hard to listen to, I find it amusing at a low volume as I read the Ferguson threads. This is a riot!
soundcloud.com...
edit on 21-8-2014 by Mikeultra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
There are many here, **Progressives** that offer that up.

Now, does it lead to someone actually going monkey nutts and shooting people?? Probably not.

Does it work in conditioning them into to accepting violence?? Ahhhhhh.....

edit on 21-8-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OP, god forbid a man be aloud to express himself through the medium of rap music. So many attemts to take the focus off of the issue. Mike Brown was shot and killed in broad daylight, eye witness accounts and police reports are extremely conflicting, and never in the history of criminal justice does lifting a pack of swishers warrant a fatal police shooting.

Darren Wilson needs to be indicted. If St. Louis county police wanted to bring peace back to their communities they would arrest Darren Wilson, and hold him until a trial is set. All these threads have an underlying theme to them: divert attention away from screwed up police and focus on the negative aspects of Mike Brown's life. So much blatant pot stirring its unreal.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

OMG!!!!!! He attacked a Police Officer.......OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, no truer victim.....shot by LE after he attacked that LEO, and proceeded to charge to attack again.......

Much Victim......SO MUCH victim.....

But, let's not wait for the full investigation to be completed. Instead.......let's jump to a steroetypical conclusion, pushed by people like Sharpton, that since the LEO was white, and Mr. Brown was black (Sounds like Reservoir Dogs) it is auto-magically racism and Mr. Brown is the victim.

Just because he didn't have a firearm on his person, doesn't mean he was not an immediate threat to the LEO.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Mike Brown wasn't shot for stealing cigars. Mike brown was shot after assaulting a police officer and attempting to disarm him. Much more serious offense. Resulting in deadly force rightfully being applied!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join