It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown Rapping About "Smokin Dope" "Shooting People"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: b14warrior
Not really sure what this proves. Other than he liked to emulate the lyrics of prominent commercial rap artists.

At most, if he was charging at a police officer, he should have been shot in the leg but really the police should have the sound mind and training to take him down without the use of a gun.

yes they should...clearly they dont

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I did a google search using these words....
'rappers that have died of gunshot wounds'.
You can find lists of them.
Drive by shootings, gunfights, assassinations, suicides...
This one was compiled by HipHopNation's Facebook Page:

Rapper Scot Sterling (aka Scot La Rock), whose debut album was titled "Criminal Minded," died in August 1987 at age 25 of a gunshot wound. King Tubby, who invented the dubbing process that was popularized by rappers, was murdered in 1989 when he was 58 years old. Rapper Michael Menson, of the group Double Trouble died in 1989 at age 29 when a gang soaked him in gasoline and set him afire. Double Trouble had a hit that same year titled "Street Tuff." Cowboy (Grandmaster Flash & The Furious 5) Died On Saturday, September 8 1989, of complications from HIV AIDS. He was two weeks shy of his 39th birthday. MC Rock, rapper with The Almighty RSO, was stabbed to death in 1990 at roughly age 28. Trouble T-Roy (Troy Dixon), rapper with Heavy D and the Boyz, fell off a balcony after a concert in 1990 at age 22. Brandon Mitchell, rapper with Wreckx-N-Effect, was shot to death in 1990 at about age 20 during an argument over a woman. Rapper Michael Robinson (a.k.a. The Mac) was shot dead in Vallejo, California, in about 1990 while sitting in his car with his pregnant girlfriend. He was about 20 years old. Charizma, rapper with Peanut Butter Wolf, was shot to death in 1993 at age 20. Deah Dame, rapper with Damian Dame, died in a car crash in 1994 at age 35. in 1994, the fourth member of Graveyard Shift, "Lil Boo The Caretaker" was murdered in a drive-by shooting as he jumped in front of his younger cousin to shield him. Eazy-E (Eric Wright) of N.W.A., one of the founders of Gangsta rap, died of AIDS in 1995 at age 31. Mr. Cee, rapper with R.B.L. Posse (Ruthless By Law), died after being shot nine times on New Year's morning of 1996 at about age 30. Rapper Hitman (Ricky Herd), of R.B.L Posse was also shot to death in 1995 at age 24. Randy Walker (aka Stretch), of Live Squad, died of unknown cause in 1995 at age 27. Tupac Shakur (aka 2Pac, Makaveli), a gangsta rap superstar who founded the Outlawz Immortalz after he was released from prison in 1995, was shot to death a year later at age 25. Yafeu Fula (aka Yaki Kadafi, Young Hollywood), of the Outlawz Immortalz, was shot to death in 1996 two months after the group's founder Tupac Shakur. He was shot by a cousin of Napoleon, another member of Outlawz. Rapper Seagram Miller was shot to death in Oakland, California, in August 1996 at age 26. Paul "Tombstone" O'Neill, soul of the Graveyard Shift, was gunned down on the front lawn of his fiance's house. (August 31, 1997) Rappin' Ron of Oakland, California, who recorded with Cell Block Records, died of a car crash in January 1997. Rapper Young Lay of Vallejo, California, barely survived a gunshot wound to the head in 1997, but his baby was kidnapped and his live-in girlfriend died in an arson house fire. Notorious B.I.G. (aka Biggie Smalls) (real name Christopher Wallace), gangsta rapper, was shot to death in 1997 at age 24. This was only three years after the release of his successful album "Ready to Die." San Francisco Rapper JoJo White of Bored Stiff was shot to death in 1997. Rapper DJ Caravan of FunkSoulJaz died in 1997 of unknown cause. Gangsta Rapper Dion Stewart (aka The True Lesson Giver) of the duo Black Dynasty was shot to death while trying to rob a convenience store in 1997 at about age 30. Fat Pat (Patrick Hawkins), rapper who recorded immoral songs, was shot to death in 1998 at age 26. Rapper DJ Crazy Rak died in 1998 in a hotel fire in San Francisco. He was about 32 years old. Luis "Papo" Deschamps, rapper with Sandy y Papo, died in a car crash in 1999 at age 23. Malcolm Howard, rapper with 4 Black Faces, was shot to death execution style in 1999 at roughly age 30. MC Big L (Lamont Coleman), rapper with Diggin' In the Crates Crew, was shot to death outside his home in 1999 at age 23. Rapper MC Ant was shot to death in 1999 at roughly age 35. Karnail Pitts (aka Bugz), of D12, died after he was shot three times and run over with a car in an altercation in 1999. He was about 30 years old. Freaky Tah (Raymond Rogers), member of Lost Boyz, was shot to death while leaving a nightclub in New York City at 4 a.m. on Sunday morning in March 1999 at age 27. Matthew Roberts of Blaggers I.T.A. died in February 2000 at age 36 of drug related causes. Q-Don (Raeneal Quann), rapper, was shot to death outside a Philadelphia nightclub in April 2000 at roughly age 30. Yusef Afloat Muhammad, rapper with The Nonce, was found dead alongside a Los Angeles freeway in May 2000 at roughly age 28. Big Pun (aka Big Punisher) (born Christopher Rios) died in 2000 of a heart attack at age 28. Johnny Burns (aka Mausburg) was robbed and shot to death in his hometown of Compton, California, in 2000 at age 21. Bruce Mayfield (aka Chip Banks and Bankie), rapper with The American Cream Team, was shot to death over a money dispute in November 2000 at age 30. DJ Screw (Robert Davis, Jr.), inventor of a hypnotic, slowed-down, style of rap music, died in November 2000 of a drug-induced heart attack at age 30. Erik Carson (aka Eclipse) was shot to death at 1:30 a.m. on November 14, 2000, in Oakland, California, at age 23. Bruce Washington (aka Hussein Fatal), of the Outlawz, was imprisoned in 2000 for slashing a person's face and stomach and another person's arm and chest with a box cutter. Lloyd "Mooseman" Roberts, rapper who worked with Iggy Pop, Ice-T, and Body Count, died in a drive by shooting in February 2001 at roughly age 28. Prince Ital Joe, reggae and rapper who worked with Tupac and Snoop Dogg, died in a car crash in May 2001 at age 37 or 38. Tonnie Sheppard, rapper and cousin of rapper Haf-A-Mil, was stabbed to death in a recording studio during a fight with studio executives in May 2001 at age 38 or 39. Coughnut, rapper with Ill Mannered Posse, died in a car crash in September 2001 at age 33. The crash Also killed two other people, including rapper D Mac. Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, singer with rap group TLC, died in a car crash in April 2002 at age 30. A few days before her own death, Lisa had hit and killed a 10-year-old boy with her car in Honduras. Jam Master Jay, rapper with the popular group Run-DMC, was shot to death in his recording studio in October 2002 at age 37 by an unknown assailant. T On Thanksgiving Eve November 26, 2003, Rappy Soulja Slim was en route to a performance when an unknown gunman shot him three times in the face, and once in the chest, in front of his mother's home in the 8th Ward/Gentilly area. Rapper Speedy Loc died of an unreported medical condition on June 13, 2003. He was about 30 years old. B Brazy of Damu Ridaz died in 2003 of unknown cause. He was about 25. San Francisco rapper Double D (Darrel Anderson) was killed in August 2003. He was about 30. Rapper Lil Bo was killed in 2003 at about age 25. In November 2003, Anthony "Wolf" Jones," 38-year-old former bodyguard for "P. Diddy" Combs, was shot to death in a gunfight outside an Atlanta nightclub. $7,000 was found on Jones' body. J In December 2003, federal prosecutor Jonathan Luna was gunned down during the trial of rapper Deon Lionnel Smith, who was accused of running a violent drug ring. Rapper Freako of Ghetto Stars was shot to death in February 2004 at about age 25. Rapper Juston Potts (aka Kanyva) murdered his promoter on June 7, 2004, because "she told him he didn't have the talent to sell records" ("Aspiring rapper arrested in killing," San Francisco Chronicle, June 8, 2004). Rapper Holy Quran was shot and killed in 2004. He was about 25. Russell Tyrone Jones (aka Ol' Dirty Bastard), of Wu-Tang Clan, died in November 2004 of a drug overdose at age 36. Rapper Andre Hicks (aka Mac Dre or Dr. Dre) was shot to death in 2004 at age 34. A news report said, Rapper Anthony Watkins (aka Fat Tone) of Kansas City was shot to death in 2005 at age 24. He was murdered by rapper Mac Minister because he was suspected to have murdered Andrew Hicks (Mac Dre) the previous year. Buffy (Fat Boys) Death: on December 10, 1995, Darren "Buffy, the Human Beatbox" Robinson died of a heart attack in Rosedale, New York. He was 28 years old and reportedly 450 lbs. Producer/Rapper J Dilla died of Lupus, on February 10, 2006, at his home in Los Angeles, California Deshaun Holton (aka Proof), of D12, was shot to death at a bar in Detroit in April 2006 at age 32. Proof first shot 35-year-old Keith Bender in the head and then was shot by an unknown third party. Rapper Big Hawk (John Edward Hawkins) of Houston, Texas, of DJ Screw's Screwed up Click, was shot to death in May 2006 at age 36. His brother, Patrick Hawkins (aka Fat Pat), was shot to death in 1998 when he was in his 20s. In February 2006 Busta Rhymes bodyguard Israel Ramirez was shot to death. Stack Bundles (Rayquon Elliot), "an up-and-coming New York rapper" affiliated with Byrd Gang Records, was shot to death in June 2007 at 5 a.m. in the morning outside his home after partying all night with friends. He was 24. Rapper Skee 64 (Toby Rios) died in March 2007 at about age 28. Rapper Woodie of San Francisco died in March 2007 of unknown cause at about age 35. Two members of the rap group Damu Ridaz were shot and killed in 2007 while in their 20s. B-Brazy and G Spider were both shot and killed at different times by Mexican gangs. Rapper Lil Hawk of Damu Ridaz is in prison serving a life sentence. Rapper Pimp C died of an overdoes of Sizzurp (search on google) and of a condition known as sleep apnea, which causes a person to stop breathing during sleep on Dec, 12 2007 Rapper Karizma of San Jose, California, California, Rapper Plan B of Oakland, Black Cee of San Francisco, Rapper Black C, DJ Co V C of Funxsouljaz, Rapper 4-1-So-Sicc-Ass-Rell of Cold World Hustlers, Rapper Lil' Bo, Rapper Billboard of Black Wall Street Rapper Woodie (2007). Grym Reaper aka Too Poetic (Gravediggaz) Died from cancer On Sunday, July 15, 2001, almost two years longer than the time he was given by the doctors. Rapper Cam'ron's cousin, Bloodshed from the group children of the corn, died in a fatal car accident. Rapper/producer Camu Tao died May 25th, 2008 following a long, private battle with lung Cancer. He was 30 years old. Rapper Cavlar father of three, whose real name is Leval Lyde, was hit by a single shot to the chest, March 25th, 2008. Rapper Dolla was shot and killed in an altercation outside a shopping mall in Los Angeles on Monday, May 18th, 2009. He was 21 years old. Rapper Mike beck was shot dead during a robbery attempt late Friday (October 30, 2009) in Brooklyn.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
^^They are not all gunshot wounds on the list, but it does paint a picture of the violent lifestyle that they lead.
I counted 43 that were gunshot deaths.

edit on b000000312014-08-21T07:09:24-05:0007America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 07:09:24 -0500700000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Who. the hell. cares.?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cerbium

This is character assassination and is in no way relevant to the case. The only thing that should be examined is the evidence of the situation and if the officer was justified in shooting the person.

Besides, that is what most rap songs are about...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Oh give it a rest. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the aspirations of all these "rappers" today. "Lemme f*** yo hoe!", "Bust a cap in his a**". Either those who rap these lyrics are idiots, or they're dangerous. Either one isn't any good.

I miss the days of parachute pants, MC Hammers "Can't Touch This" is as gangster as I care to get.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

Your right a rocket scientist wouldent waste is time screaming is black and white opinion on ats. I bet ya close to a billion people love to sing songs that have harsh lirycs, how many of them are real criminals, ill let you think about that.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You're kidding!!! A rapper who sings about drugs, money, women, and shooting people??? What a shock! I'm sure the Association of American Rappers is appalled!

LOL!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
"I forgot it was OK to kill rappers".

Really, thats exactly what its like for some people.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   

How dare you, or anyone else show anything that contradicts this idea that he was a gentle giant just planning to go to college.

I mean, him rapping about such things, and stealing stuff, and intimidating store owners can't be relevant in this............because it isn't fair that he is shown for what he was.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

How dare you, or anyone else show anything that contradicts this idea that he was a gentle giant just planning to go to college.

I mean, him rapping about such things, and stealing stuff, and intimidating store owners can't be relevant in this............because it isn't fair that he is shown for what he was.

So should I judge the character of white people for being in a Heavy Metal band that uses Satanic imagery and sings about evil things? I mean CERTAINLY Slayer is a bunch of jackasses and punks. Oh wait Tom Araya (lead singer/bassist) is a devout Catholic.

Seriously this thread is character assassination and has NOTHING to do with the case at all.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
White actors portray and participate in graphic death scenes in movies everyday.

And no one says $#!7.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I have yet to see proof that he was really going to attend college, but I wonder what he was planning to study? Does anyone know?
They do have an Audio-Visual section in their Arts program... which includes... I quote from their website... "Derrty Dancing... Professional Dance Classes, St, Lunatic Style". Hmmm.

Here is a link to Vatterott ... well they are really called Vatterott Educational Centers, Inc.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

The ONLY people I have seen claim that Brown was a "gentle giant" are those who support the cop.

It's NOT relevant. Brown's past has NOTHING to do with the circumstances around his death. What you're doing is nothing but character assassination. And it's SO transparent. You want to make it look like he deserved to be shot in cold blood in the street instead of going through the legal system on this country. Lame!

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I judge a person with everything I take in.

And when did this "character assassination" thing come into play????

It is a timeline, if you will, into the life of a person that is not what the family claimed him to be.

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I have yet to see proof that he was really going to attend college, but I wonder what he was planning to study? Does anyone know?
They do have an Audio-Visual section in their Arts program... which includes... I quote from their website... "Derrty Dancing... Professional Dance Classes, St, Lunatic Style". Hmmm.

Here is a link to Vatterott ... well they are really called Vatterott Educational Centers, Inc.

I see you do not approve of dancing either.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So, his past, recent past, means nothing in this????
IS that because it shows he was not who/what the family claims him to be??
Or that it isn't fair??

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

originally posted by: butcherguy

I see you do not approve of dancing either.

Hmmmm. My daughter is in her second year of Hip Hop class.
Jump to conclusions much?
I listen to some rap. I don't disapprove of all of it, my kids listen to some of it. I don't say that people shouldn't write and publish songs that have violent lyrics. But I do see proof that plenty of rappers have died violent deaths, and I am not afraid to post that.

Have you seen any proof that he was enrolled at Vatterott? Have you jumped on anyone about them continually pushing the point that he was when they have no proof?

edit on b000000312014-08-21T09:35:19-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 09:35:19 -0500900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on bu312014-08-21T09:36:17-05:0009America/ChicagoThu, 21 Aug 2014 09:36:17 -05009u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I judge a person with everything I take in.

And when did this "character assassination" thing come into play????

It is a timeline, if you will, into the life of a person that is not what the family claimed him to be.

What does a person's life have to do with whether or not they commit a crime? He could have been someone who never did anything wrong in his life, a first time offender, or someone in and out of jail his whole life. Any case doesn't matter. ALL that matters is the evidence at the crime scene. Was the officer justified in shooting the kid? All this other bull# is designed to make you sympathize with the cop, "oh well, now there is one less thug on the streets." (Also I'd like to say it could be designed to sympathize with the kid as well, this issue swings both ways) Bull#! How do we know he wouldn't have gotten his life together when he entered his twenties? There are plenty of cases of people raised in hard knock situations that eventually grow out of it and become upstanding individuals.

Besides, rap lyrics? REALLY? That's a HUGE reach to character assassinate someone. Music made by young people is ALWAYS designed to be offensive to older people. It's part of youthful rebellion. To even insinuate someone's total character based on the lyrics of songs they create is downright stupid. Are you one of the many people (idiots) who think that Eminem is always telling the truth in his songs?

This whole thread and the implications in it are disgusting and a distraction from the real evidence. For shame on you for supporting it. I usually have a lot of respect for your posts too...
edit on 21-8-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So, his past, recent past, means nothing in this????
IS that because it shows he was not who/what the family claims him to be??
Or that it isn't fair??

It doesn't MATTER who he was. What matters is what happened THAT DAY, when Brown and Wilson came together. It doesn't matter what his parents and friends say or what the cop's friends say. The only thing that matters is what happened in the confrontation and what led to Brown's death. Was the cop justified in shooting this man or not?

Brown is not on trial, his reputation is not on trial. The only person who MAY see a trial is the cop. And he's going to have to defend his killing of Michael Brown.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join