It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown Rapping About "Smokin Dope" "Shooting People"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I don't believe this has been brought up here yet, I believe it is a fairly new discovery.

It seems that Micheal Brown was a rapper and the things he rapped about only paints a clearer image of who Micheal Brown really was.

Here is a link to his Soundcloud page where you can listen to 10 songs of him rapping about drugs, money, women, and shooting people.

Michael Brown's Soundcloud

Also on his Soundcloud page is a link to his Facebook account.
edit on 21-8-2014 by cerbium because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2014 by cerbium because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: cerbium

Problem is, is that even if he was a serial killer, unless he was a direct threat against the officer's life at the time of the shooting it's either manslaughter/murder or a reason to lay charges and debate that in the court of law.

Police are not judge/jury/executioner.

So whatever is going to be thrown up into the media whether "he deserved to be shot" or "the officer deserves to go to jail" is only going to cause strife and polarization between two sides of people that have an opinion on an event they weren't a part of and shouldn't affect their life.

If you live in the community, or you are related to them, or you are a part of the case, then maybe your opinion is worth something, otherwise... It's just something to create more problems than it's worth.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

and ?

just my opinion - but rap music = talking utter Shiite to a bastardisation of music

if that's all you got - give up now

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I listened to about 30 seconds of one particular song.

Apart from being untalented (just not my taste), this guy seems to have had the 'gangsta' identity built right in.

Oh well.
edit on RAmerica/ChicagoamThursday4543America/Chicago21 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: cerbium
I don't believe this has been brought up here yet, I believe it is a fairly new discovery.

It seems that Micheal Brown was a rapper and the things he rapped about only paints a clearer image of who Micheal Brown really was.

Here is a link to his Soundcloud page where you can listen to 10 songs of him rapping about drugs, money, women, and shooting people.

Michael Brown's Soundcloud

Also on his Soundcloud page is a link to his Facebook account.

Oh get real! You really think Eminem is a wife killing, drug pushing psychopath? If so that is ridiculously ignorant.

I am by no means a "rapper" or a thug, I have no criminal record and can count the fights since childhood on one hand. I have written a few things when I was young that if taken literally wouldn't reflect well on me. It's a cultural thing that people respond too which is why "rappers" sell platinum.

Save the character assassination for the police, ok?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

It probably hasn't been brought up for good reason.

Postumus character assassination to justify a clear and obvious crime is generally given little to no credibility by those with enough grey matter between the ears.

It's simply obfuscation of the facts to support an indefensible defense.

How many bands can you think of who have and continue to write lyrics like that.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Not saying that justice was served. Not saying it wasn't. But either way, if someone had to die, I'd rather it be Michael Brown than someone who isn't a thug and a criminal. Not going to say Michael Brown being gone isn't a good thing for the civilized world.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Horrible,just awful. The worst "music" I've ever heard in my life. These tracks by "Big Mike" do for music what the Jonestown Kool-aid did for soft drinks.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

clear and obvious crime

Its not clear and obvious. All these protesters have to go on is the word of witnesses who don't care about HOW their friend was killed and only care about the fact THAT their friend was killed. All they care about is seeing the killer of their friend to feel pain regardless of whether or not the killer of their friend was legally justified.

Its not clear and obvious. Someone prone to the kind of behavior that could, under the right circumstances, get you shot by a cop, is much more likely to get shot by a legally justified cop than someone who doesn't engage in criminal activities.

Does the fact that he rapped about killing and selling drugs and other crimes prove he was guilty and prove the cop was innocent? No. But it damn sure doesn't help Michael's case.
edit on 21-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Oh get real! You really think Eminem is a wife killing, drug pushing psychopath? If so that is ridiculously ignorant.

No. But, I do know of one rapper whose rap song led to his conviction of murder. So you don't really have a point.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

No. But, I do know of one rapper whose rap song led to his conviction of murder. So you don't really have a point.

well he does have a point...did the people in the band "bodycount" who wrote "cop killer" go around killing cops ?...from memory it was ice t and now he plays the role of a cop....this whole thing is just plain stupid

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Right so lets disregard probability and also disregard that just about every teenage boy at one point or another writes hateful things. After all it is the in thing you know. Did you know 99% of viewership of the Discovery Channel is kids and teens? Ever see the show "Future Weapons"? Our daily influences encourage and glamorizes death and war making as evidenced in the music they listen too and the shows on TV. It's what kids know as they spend there afternoons playing CoD or that crazy mob game, GTA. Making a rap video about such things is hardly proof to ones character.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Does the fact that he rapped about killing and selling drugs and other crimes prove he was guilty and prove the cop was innocent? No. But it damn sure doesn't help Michael's case

And therein lies the seed of obfuscation.

Peripheral issues brought to the fore to undermine the reality of a situation that was a crime.

I'd like to, at this point, demonstrate the number of people killed by police in the US, but those numbers are neither counted or tabulated as far as I can determine.

So until such time as I see demonstrated accounts to the contrary, it's a clear and obvious crime.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Are people portraying Eminem as an innocent boy who was off to college?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: cerbium
Are people portraying Eminem as an innocent boy who was off to college?

Did Eminem kills his wife, stuff her in a trunk and drive off a cliff?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Making a rap video about such things is hardly proof to ones character.

As I said, its not proof. But, it doesn't help.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell
a reply to: smithjustinb

So until such time as I see demonstrated accounts to the contrary, it's a clear and obvious crime.

Oh so you believe people are guilty until proven innocent, huh? I hope you never serve on a jury.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Obviously not, Eminem has an enormous fan base, he's making music for people to listen to, of course he is going to say things like that, with Michael Brown that was not the case, his lyrics are from different motives.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Not really sure what this proves. Other than he liked to emulate the lyrics of prominent commercial rap artists.

At most, if he was charging at a police officer, he should have been shot in the leg but really the police should have the sound mind and training to take him down without the use of a gun.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Round objects. I sang 'Family Snapshot' by Peter Gabriel in the kitchen last night as I cooked. Does that make me an assassin? Of course not. Don't be ridiculous.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join