It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summerville Police arrest student for writing he shot dead dinosaur

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
*I wasn't sure where to post this topic, but i chose the Social Issues and Civil Unrest forum due to the fact that this is not an isolated incident, and it such happenings seem to be an ever apparent issue in US society.*

Summerville police have arrested Alex Stone, a student, for writing that he would shoot and kill his neighbour's pet dinosaur. The police were called to apprehend Stone, and search his belongings for any potential weapon. The search proved pointless, and Stone was charged with disorderly conduct for arguing with officers during the incident.

Alex Stone, a 16-year-old student at Summerville High School in the town of Summerville in South Carolina, said that his class was asked to write a few sentences about themselves and to list a “status” as if they were filling in their Facebook page, WCSC-TV reported.

The teen wrote “I killed my neighbour’s pet dinosaur.” In the status section, he said he wrote: “I bought the gun to take care of the business.”

That prompted the school to call in Summerville Police Department. Stone was arrested and later charged with disorderly conduct after he argued with officers, who searched fruitlessly for a gun in his school bag and locker. He has also been suspended from school.

He was also suspended from school.

www.news.com.au...

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

got to keep the dangerous criminals off the streets now....no surprise he argued with the police ...most likely calling them morons and to grow a brain

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I have long suspected that schools have "pumped" students of various ages through various methods for information on the comings and goings of their immediate family.
This profiling starts at a very young age,all people should keep a close eye on just exactly what is going on at school and be a little more involved IMO.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
In this day and age it seems a fair enough reaction, if the police had not reacted and the boy had ended up shooting the neighbors Dalmatian and then perhaps the neighbor. I dont see anything wrong with the police reaction.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: imod02
In this day and age it seems a fair enough reaction, if the police had not reacted and the boy had ended up shooting the neighbors Dalmatian and then perhaps the neighbor. I dont see anything wrong with the police reaction.

lol ...like it was a gateway statement...after he finishes off the dinosaur he was moving onto the dog and then the neighbor...good one

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

I dont see anything wrong with the police reaction.

I feel as though it's the schools reaction that should draw some attention.
Seems a little thought police-ish.

Mention the word gun and that warrants investigation?

The context of the sentence seems clear in hindsight what with "pet dinosaur" being an indicator of fiction.

And what, you can't even argue these days without getting charged?

And then the school suspends him? just....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

The sentence was clearly past tense, so to any body that was actually educated it meant the dastardly deed had already been committed, I guess the "academics" couldn't understand this at the high school and the police couldn't do a welfare check on the neighbor or the dinosaur.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Charged for disorderly conduct???

WHAT??!!!

How about charging the guy with killing extinct/endangered species.

What are they thinking?

At least they got him off the street...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Im not saying its not funny but how could the police know the kid is not delusional,and was seeing a dog as something else. Also if i read right the police arrested him for his aggressive behavior to then not for treating to kill something that has not been around for millions of years

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Well we all know that Dinosaurs and Humans co-existed so i don't see the problem here. Plus Cops in The States are renowned as being reasonable folk who carry out their duties in the most exemplary of manners so nothing to see here.

Yeah.......................

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
In art class, I used to draw pictures of psychopaths hacking people to pieces.

In english class, I used to write horror stories about people snapping, and going on neighbourhood rampages.

It was all in fun, and back in 1993 - 1998, and in Australia.

If I were in school today, in America, I would have been arrested, castrated sent to a maximum security facility, never to be seen again.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
" If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face — for ever." -George Orwell

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny
So true only question is whos boot is it

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

WHAT??!!!

What are they thinking?

I guess it depends on the dinosaur. I'd probably kill a velociraptor for fear it would be him or me. Since I don't know the context of his imagination I won't pass judgement.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Where are American police recruited from, toy stores!!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The Summerville Police Department just went ass-up over that fine-line between legitimate concern and Paranoid.

Lots of stories on the propaganda box about police and citizens coming to blows lately aye? What's that all about?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   

From where I am standing across the pond. US police and law seems to be suffering from a sever psychosis..

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The schools are definitely "pumping" for information. No kidding one year they sent my daughter home with an "assignment" to catalog the contents of my cabinets. I told her to write vodka and condoms and nothing else (because I am a smart Alec and it offended me). Lo and behold a week later her "assignment" was a disposable camera to take pictures (gather evidence *cough*)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

WHAT??!!!

What are they thinking?

At least they got him off the street...
LOL thank you, that made my night!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

a reply to: 8675309jenny
So true only question is whos boot is it

Pick any alphabet organisation that carries a pistol?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join