It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CFR: Ukraine Crisis, It's the Wests Fault

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
For anyone interested in the CFR Carroll Quigley en.wikipedia.org... has written extensively on them and there is a web site based on his book Tragedy and Hope that is worth checking out www.tragedyandhope.com... Lots of good stuff there on other topics as well ...peace

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thanks for that link www.peakprosperity.com... a very good read and shows quite the opposite to what the standard western propaganda machine would like us to believe . I see there is a part 2 .."In Part 2: The Rise of the East, we outline how the Ukrainian situation is likely to develop. Spoiler alert: Russia has a hand full of aces.

And on a higher level, we explore the growing commitment in the East to charting its own course, one much more separated from western influence than seen in the past century. Increasingly, the East is challenging why the needs of its population of 5 billion should be so deferential to the West's 1 billion.

Executive Summary

The West is extremely vulnerable to financial and currency de-stabilisation through precious metals
Access to energy supplies will be the real weapon used in the battle over Ukraine (and future geo-political wars)
Why sanctions against Russia will not succeed
The East is mobilizing to become less dependent on the West www.peakprosperity.com... a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

If they can bypass Russia by getting rid of Assad, I don`t know how much cards Putin still holds :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Haha Awesome, before I even opened the thread I knew which posters I would find.

Any who, if you look at the timeline of the events in Ukraine you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out who/what/why sh*t happened the way it did.

Ha, yeah you got that right, missing a few aren't we?

As far as timelines it seemed a good idea to push this back a bit in time. Maybe some of the younger members may not have been aware what went on during the breakup of the Soviet Union and how it led to this.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I just finished reading Pepe Escobars latest on what may be happening . well worth the read and consideration www.informationclearinghouse.info... a reply to: BornAgainAlien

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Good read, thanks !

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: victor7
a reply to: Xcathdra

You have made your point clear..............but in the real world it DOES NOT work out like that...........and that is why we have all sorts of GEOPOLITICAL tensions and mishaps.

Then you guys need to stop bitching about "Russias near abroad" if it doesn't matter.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

Hah! Yet again, a bunch of nonsense from same old members trying to sell a fairy tale like this one!

Spooky.. I had the exact same thought when I saw this thread.

Would you guys prefer that only those who share your point of view take part in this thread? It seems to be the latest trend in Russia so?
edit on 21-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago
As far as timelines it seemed a good idea to push this back a bit in time. Maybe some of the younger members may not have been aware what went on during the breakup of the Soviet Union and how it led to this.

For once we agree.. I think members should know how Russia / USSR were allied with Nazi Germany. How the USSR backstabbed Poland. How the USSR murdered over 25k Polish military officers. How the USSR illegally occupied eastern European countries for 50+ years while exploiting the resources in those countries. How the KGB spent most of its time killing its own citizens.

Then we can discuss how the USSR's planned economy was a complete failure. How Soviet Leadership confused ideology with fact. We can discuss how Putin secured his position in the KGB, working up to the rank of colonel. We can look at the people Putin has been involved with their death, disappearance or imprisonment simply because he did not like them, they did not support him, or did not do what he wanted.

How Putin has stripped Press freedoms in Russia, along with the individuals right to protest and speak out against Putin. How Putin launched 2 wars in Chechnya, one in Georgia and one in Ukraine. We can look at all the lies Putin has told about Ukraine, from their support of Yanukovych, who looted Ukraine's public finances for his Russian Elite leader fantasy that was rampant during the hey days of the Soviet Union.

How Putin invaded Ukraine, illegally annexed Crimea, while maintaining his lie that no Russia troops were present, only to turn around and declare there were Russian troops in Crimea. How his support of the Russian rebels running a rebel insurgency in Ukraine because Ukraine decided they didn't want to be controlled by Russia. How Putins support has resulted in pro Russian rebels looting and indiscriminately killing civilians in rebel controlled territory while citing soviet laws from the early 1940s to justify those murders. How the rebels loot food and supplies from civilians.

We can look directly at Putin and compare his failures and the effect of those failures on the Russian people. How his vanity and ego have replaced the focus on Russia to that of Putin.

You guys can make the same topics over and over and over and yet, no mater how you hide the fact the info has been discussed and Russian claims debunked, the end result is clear.

Putin has turned Russia into a failed state by focusing on his own vanity, ego and arrogance. The shirtless man on the horse with extra pounds is a prime example of what Russians are going to experience with Putin -

A bloated leader drunk on himself who is looking backwards. Its a good thing he is riding the horse because with his idiotic move to ban food imports they will be needing more horsemeat and less glue.

I know Iknow.. BRICS will be the savior...

Except for the fact China once again sent military units into India. Russia does military drills on Japanese held islands.

Maybe its time Germany reclaims Konigsberg. After all it is historically German. I believe that was the excuse Putin used to invade Ukraine and annex Crimea.

The only thing the West is to blame for is using Putins own stupidity against himself. I think the west is more than happy to take the wrap for demonstrating how Putins ego overrides his intelligence.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

And on a higher level, we explore the growing commitment in the East to charting its own course, one much more separated from western influence than seen in the past century. Increasingly, the East is challenging why the needs of its population of 5 billion should be so deferential to the West's 1 billion.

Really? who is challenging it? I see China... who else.

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Executive Summary

The West is extremely vulnerable to financial and currency de-stabilisation through precious metals
Access to energy supplies will be the real weapon used in the battle over Ukraine (and future geo-political wars)
Why sanctions against Russia will not succeed
The East is mobilizing to become less dependent on the West www.peakprosperity.com... a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Now its precious metals... If that's the case why have people in this thread been talking about energy resources being the key? Did that argument stop when the US overtook Russia and Saudi Arabia for daily oil production? For LNG production?

The only metal sector we have issues with is rare earth elements, where China currently controls the wold supply. The US and Japan have developed technologies allowing them to dismiss Chinas monopoly.

Scientists find 'easy' way to extract rare earths from seafloor

Russia can go down the road of ending trade with the West. The west was able to do just find when the Soviet Union was in existence. The west did just fine when the Soviet Union collapsed. The west will do just fine with Putins latest return to Soviet Russia.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Is the fault at West because we caused the issues in Ukraine (according to the op) or is the west at fault because Russia lost the same game?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

There you go again.This thread and links are about the CFR admission that the Ukraine crisis is the Wests fault. It is not about:

Russia and Nazi Germany
or
The USSR's failed economy
or
Putin and Russian press freedoms
or
Germany - Konigsberg
or
The KGB.

Nice try deflecting, no cigar though.

You guys can make the same topics over and over and over and yet, no mater how you hide the fact the info has been discussed and Russian claims debunked, the end result is clear.

BTW still waiting for your supporting "proof" and link sources showing this has been debunked.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Then you guys need to stop bitching about "Russias near abroad" if it doesn't matter.

Only if you stop "bitching" about the sovereign nations logic as it seems in the case of US it does not matter.
Ex: Kosovo and Iraq 2003.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Plea from an American............

Instead of nose poking overseas, high time Obamas, Clintons, Bushes, Kerrys, Romneys...............listen to people rather than bankers and wall streeters.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Plea from an American............

Here's your video...

Now here is where it gets really interesting as that American girl in your linked video, somehow became the girl from Ukraine...here.

She probably isn't even an american...imagine that propaganda in full stride.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

It's not Russia's choice to make as to """allow""" Germany to re-unify after the Communist staet falls.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

The Phllippines wanted the US out of its long time naval station, and voted.

USA didn't like it, but the USA left.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

I knew that. The video was really famous during the Maidan events in Kiev.

However, if US does not come on line in terms of various policies, it will also face same fate as Ukraine is seeing these days.

Kudos to you though.............you are steadfastly standing up for elites ;-)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Bassago, I have no intent what so ever to derail your thread, that said I couldn't leave this out there. About the " I am Ukranian" video, it was directed by Invisible Children Inc ( the ones who did the Kony 2012 scam )

Even tho I hate infowars, this is probably one of their best story's. This is a detailed report of the Hoax.
www.infowars.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bassago

Except that it is. If you didn't selectively read posts you would notice the areas I touched on are in response to pro Russian posts in this threads.

As I said before you are as selective as Putin is. Only your opinion and none from the opposing view. That mentality assisted the collapse of the soviet union and its assisting in the collapse of russia.

Were you ever able to find the original article, parts of which were used in your op which came from blog sites? I was not able to locate it on the cfr site.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join