It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops kill guy who is Unstable 15 mins From Ferguson, Mo.**--Warning-- Actual Shooting on Video**

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Wow,,,

As someone from across the pond if i was confronted by armed police and so much as moved an inch towards them in that situation i would'nt expect to come out alive.
Then again i dont hang out on the street carrying weapons.

An armed population and beat cops with guns seems crazy to the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
What bothers me beyond the shooting---and that bothers me a lot---is that the police make no attempt to get the names/contacts for witnesses at the scene. Rather, they are trying to run them off. Why?
I understand clearing the immediate scene but those folks weren't interfering, they were already backing up when they saw the guns drawn.
I guess it would be too much to ask that one officer had a tazer and the back-up had a gun?
I don't want those cops near my kids or grandkids either!

Remember that there are only two cops in a neighborhood where the police feel they are unwelcome. What are the chances that the nearby people might riot against the police? This is what you get when you keep everyone hi strung. The police will not start interviewing until they get a lot more backup.
edit on 20-8-2014 by feldercarb because: add ?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
oops
edit on 20-8-2014 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Here is a interesting irony to contemplate. Dr Kevorkian was convicted and did time for his role in assisted suicides yet he never actually killed anyone, however LEO's can and do quite often facilitate suicides they are always justified. BTW I love the show Justified especially the episode about the 21 foot rule.

The cops technically didn't do anything wrong actually it looked like it may have been by the book.

I am just saying the book seems pretty crappy and in need of a rewrite.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Out of control Ferguson police. Officer Go#uckyourself.....
I understand it is a tense situation for police, but they should never be acting like that. It should be unacceptable.

edit on 20-8-2014 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Your vid isn't working.....

EDIT: Nevermind, you fixed it!

OK! Did you fail to hear the Popo tell him to drop the gun?

Believe me, I am not PRO police, but let's be careful about what we are promoting here shall we?

I didn't hear anything about a gun? I got the impression it was a protest. He took the sodas, set them down, and then a guy says "this isn't the way to do it man."

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Whoever called the police over two sodas must be deviated.

You let one go that stole 2 sodas. The next guy comes in and steals 4 sodas. How many sodas and how much money should the store owner just give away/lose before it's considered acceptable to call the police??

How about folks quite stealing and nobody has to worry about calling the cops. People can't just take losses because the cops over react sometimes. You let a few thieves go and depending on the neighborhood... you'll go broke by the end of the month after those thieves tell all of their thieving friends where to go that won't call the police on their thieving arses.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Are you #ing kidding me? There is VIDEO!

The man recording said 'they pulled their guns'

The cops said ' Get your hands out of your pockets'

And then they murdered him. The video is right there. Do you see a gun? Do you see a knife?

edit on 20-8-2014 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: samsamm9

Maybe he was an agent provocateur.

Looks to "easy" doesn't it.

But that guy is on indefinite suspension today.

Another genius at work.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You people are all idiots are swear to god. The video is right there. Screw what the cops said.

There was NO gun. NO knife in his hand. The video is there clear as day!

What is wrong with some of you bastards?

He was WALKING! You say WALKING is closing the distance fast?

Anybody who says this is okay makes me #in sick.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I am just saying the book seems pretty crappy and in need of a rewrite.

I'm with you on this.

IMO we should be looking at training , power abuse , qualification process, compensation, and the mental ability for LEO to handle stress with a loaded gun.

At the same token we need to do public service announcement as to why officers aren't mind readers that can't tell good from bad intentions under stressfull potentially life threating situations. Everyone has a bad day at work, unfortunately you increase your chances of really having a bad day when someone gets involved with a gun.

The recent shootings and this other idiot telling the press he will kill them seems to suggest to me that issue is more than just racism when it comes to LEO. There are plenty more cases of harrasment from cops and authority complex to suggest a far deeper problem than just racism.
www.youtube.com...

edit on 20831America/ChicagoWed, 20 Aug 2014 21:20:22 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Aug 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: unembedded video : Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Damning evidence indeed !!

Edited by original poster.

edit on Aug-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Are you high?

The only thing the police said was 'hands out of your pockets'

The man filming is the one who said the word gun.

The video proof is right here and half of ATS still supports the murderous cops.

God help us all.

A supposed intelligent community supports blatant murder now.

Show me a screenshot of the gun or the knife. Show me a clip of where the police said 'drop' anything.

Please. I'd love for you to - because it is not there.

The only words spoken by the cops were 'hands out of your pockets'

Are you all blind AND deaf?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

No, the said drop the knife and claimed the guy had it overhand over his head, he clearly didn't. I do think this was suicide by cop, however the police didn't have to provide and they cuffed him after he was dead... also the whoever called it in should have stated the man wasn't in his right mind, not that it always makes a difference but it could have.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

link   
Doesn't it seem like if the police face any possibility of injury, they shoot? Doesn't the laws support this? If they fear, they can shoot. This is there rights

What rights do you have? Obey, submit, get back or die!

link   
a reply to: lightedhype

They see what the trolls tell them to see, its just like the tv telling them what they saw.
Makes you wonder how they get by each day.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yup I agree..

That shooting to me seemed like it could have been handled differently. Seems like one LEO could have covered with his gun while the other attempted to subdue with a tazer right from the git go. They got out of the car with guns immediately drawn to approach him.

I do wonder did any of the bystanders see a knife. I think one did but if not then....

Well there is no going back now.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

Show me a screenshot of the gun or the knife. Show me a clip of where the police said 'drop' anything.

Please. I'd love for you to - because it is not there.

The only words spoken by the cops were 'hands out of your pockets'

Are you all blind AND deaf?

I can hear them say "Drop the Knife." They say it about 3 times, the last time is the most clear. The other two have cross talk. But they "Drop the knife" for sure and I'm not on the side of the cops.

Now, I can't say for sure that the guy did have a knife for sure though. I can't see that closely in the video. I'm not sure how you can either. I'm going off the report and I don't think they just blurted that out a few times as if to act like he had a knife in case someone else was listening and they wanted to fool someone. I'm guessing that he most likely did have a knife. A lame little knife probably but a knife all the same.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Well I won't answer for the OP but the guy filming clearly thought he was crazy, and another guy was telling him this is not the way ,and then asking to be shot does not fit into my definition of a Stable person?

It was a rhetorical question. Obviously he called him unstable to drum up sympathy, like the guy was a mental patient who wasn't in control of or responsible for his actions.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join