It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops kill guy who is Unstable 15 mins From Ferguson, Mo.**--Warning-- Actual Shooting on Video**

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AphoticJoe
I heard (in the video) one of the officers command the guy to "drop the knife". I also counted nine to ten shots. In my opinion, police response in this situation was extreme overkill. That said I did agree in another topic on the use of lethal response against an unarmed assailant under certain circumstances. However, and although in this case the assailant was armed with a knife, with two officers on the scene a less lethal response should have been attempted, before popping off a thousand or more grains worth of live rounds. The perpetrator's attention appeared to be completely focused on the police, lowering the threat he posed to passersby who if you noticed in the video came into close proximity with the assailant without provoking an aggressive response from him. Looks like a case of suicide by cop to me, with the police readily accommodating the guy. A pathetic display.

A well trained LEO does not allow himself to be used in a suicide by cop situation. Killing yourself is illegal, they can't do it for you.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I heard 9 shots too.
I'm wondering if there's an evidence problem
since the guy was dead & then the cops are moving
& messing with the body, besides putting cuffs on the
guy. You don't need to roll the body around with your
bloody foot to see if he's breathing or get a pulse.

Why wasn't anyone called immediately after the shooting
like ambulance (or were they...I don't know).
Alot of back up sure arrived quick.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Live by the sword die by the sword

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
If I had been there none of this would have happened and here is why.

I would have paid for his damn sodas even after he left to keep the cops out of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I would have paid for his damn sodas even after he left to keep the cops out of it.

Then the nut job might have stabbed you,,,,on video.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Are you aware that viewing/distributing video footage of someone being killed is illegal in the united states? We don't need to watch someone get shot to death. Period.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vortiki
Are you aware that viewing/distributing video footage of someone being killed is illegal in the united states? We don't need to watch someone get shot to death. Period.

So I should stop watching the history channel?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

He wanted to die... Look how he acted with the police...

He rob the store 2 time, i think it's because he was waiting the police after the first time. The store didnt call them, so he return to steal more to get kill...

He needed mental heal, not bullet... At worse taser and pepper spray.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Oh the camera man was stating he approached the officers with a knife?

Or "he dead...he dead...over 2 sodas"

It's the GD'ed important ass details left out that blows my mind. Wth are you talking about???

You can hear the officers say it, why would he parrot it?
I don't follow you about the important details unless you mean he didn't make that part obvious for a reason.

That's where I was going with that.

Letting people catch on to the half truth, which for obvious reasons, causes further distress and misconstrued understanding.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well, the Police and Media have released it to the public so let them worry about it.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

Then the nut job might have stabbed you,,,,on video.

I have been through way worse plus wasn't there some question as to what type of knife it was like it may have been a butter knife. I think I would have pulled through alright I probably would have broke his jaw though.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ThichHeaded

ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME?

DID ANY OF YOU HEAR THE POLICE SAY, "DROP THE GUN"? I did!

For Christ's sake, what the hell do you expect the police to do if they roll up on you and you have a gun in your hands? Drop it, shoot em, or get shot! Doesn't take a freaking rocket scientist to figure out the out come of that scenario does it?

God Damn, has the MSM and this Ferguson SNIP got all ya'll wrapped up in their agenda or what?

One of the people in the crowd says he had a knife if he had a gun then it was a real small one because it was not visible in his hands. Still even if he had a gun he never pointed it at them they had plenty of time to taze him. There was no reason to kill this man.

link   
Whoever called the police over two sodas must be deviated.

link   
There are things that some don't realize first you don't bring a knife to a gun fight. Second this guy already had it in his mind that this was he wanted to do or he would have ran as the police showed up. Third there is a 21 foot rule taught to police that a person can reach them in 1 to 2 seconds from that distance with a knife or other cutting instrument. "21 Foot Rule - The 21 foot rule states that the average person with a knife or sword can get to and cut a person in about the same time that the average person can draw and fire a handgun.

In the time it takes the average officer to recognize a threat, draw his sidearm and fire 2 rounds at center mass, an average subject charging at the officer with a knife or other cutting or stabbing weapon can cover a distance of 21 feet".

Ref: www.bladefighting.com...

Tasers don't always stop people this could be for several factors such as faulty probes, or one of the probes miss, or in some occasions the Taser had no effect. There were also other people in the close proximity which means the man could have charged others. The police have a right to protect themselves as well as the others in the immediate areas. It is unfortunate that this happened. one a man is dead and second now two others have to live with the fact they took some ones life.

Most if not all agencies handcuff a deceased suspect, which had an encounter with the police, as a standard protocol.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
In Iceland cops just shot their first victim, ever.

In the US, they just shoot, life is cheap.

The guy was obviously wrong to threaten the police with a knife, but they could've use another method ... Isn't he allowed to have a bad day/week/month without getting shot ?
WTF !!

Nobody should be afraid of cops, since they're suppose to protect and serve, but the truth is they are worst than criminals.

RIP poor dude.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Can you please link that law?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

He wanted to die... Look how he acted with the police...

He rob the store 2 time, i think it's because he was waiting the police after the first time. The store didnt call them, so he return to steal more to get kill...

He needed mental heal, not bullet... At worse taser and pepper spray.

It looks like suicide by cop doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Locutis

Does the average officer then not have enough situation training?

link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

The guy was obviously wrong to threaten the police with a knife, but they could've use another method ... Isn't he allowed to have a bad day/week/month without getting shot ?
WTF !!

Nobody should be afraid of cops, since they're suppose to protect and serve, but the truth is they are worst than criminals.

RIP poor dude.

I know several cop, I'm not afraid of any of them. But I'm not a criminal.

link   

originally posted by: samsamm9

WTF !!

RIP poor dude.

Damn nice cops in iceland ! Good job ! Does guns are allowed easy in the street?

Because maybe the "gun free market" in USA make the cops more nervous. Here in Quebec, guns are rare. I never touch one, except weak rifle for hunting small bird.

I wish we have police London style, first hand police no-guns or guns in car in a special boxe. With Swat heavy train and good gun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join