It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops kill guy who is Unstable 15 mins From Ferguson, Mo.**--Warning-- Actual Shooting on Video**

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Is everyone positive a taser would even bring down a pumped up maniac yelling shoot me in a death charge?I'm not sure.What I do know is the police acted as any cop in the country would.Its simple really.When the cop says drop the weapon,unless you want to die, you just drop the weapon.

This is what is wrong with the police in this country.
shoot to kill first is the accepted method

link   
Has there ever been a case in history where someone was killed by a butter knife wielding maniac????

I am just wondering.

Kind of reminds me of the old South park episodes where just before they blow away some animal they scream " OMG..it's coming right at us".

Remember you must "RESPECT THEIR AUTHORITY" and again this is another case where I can't decide if this is life imitating art or the other way around.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

This video is not the incident that caused all the protests and rioting in Ferguson.

This video is a separate incident in the same general area.

Yeah, that was i was talking. The first killing by cops AFTER the mike brown.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I've caught on!!!

See here is a prime example of ignorant witness manifestation.

People hear gunfire and come outside.

Camera man keeps saying.."he dead man...he dead...they killed this man...they killed this man over 2 sodas...this man didn't have no gun" ect. ect. ect.

Lil Wayne..steps outside from his crib and hears the camera man "stating the facts". Didn't have a gun, definitely dead and all dat over 2 sodas. This spreads on and on and before you know it you have a neighborhood of folks who saw this unarmed man (begging to be shot mind you) killed for walking towards the officers to "surrender".

Same type of thing with Michael brown. Every time I heard supposed "witnesses" on videos recant their stories it started with..."well...I heard gunshots and went outside". But how did you see him with his hands up and executed if you weren't aware of the situation until the gunfire had ceased? Uh huh...

I see exactly how this kind of thing goes... if it weren't so damned pathetically stupid I might find it comical.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ThichHeaded

ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME?

DID ANY OF YOU HEAR THE POLICE SAY, "DROP THE GUN"? I did!

For Christ's sake, what the hell do you expect the police to do if they roll up on you and you have a gun in your hands? Drop it, shoot em, or get shot! Doesn't take a freaking rocket scientist to figure out the out come of that scenario does it?

God Damn, has the MSM and this Ferguson SNIP got all ya'll wrapped up in their agenda or what?

Nope. You're not the only one that heard them say drop "something". I'm not sure they had a choice here honestly. I don't know what people expect when something like that happens. Any time this happens it's sad for everybody.

I think this was suicide by cop and the guy probably would have done whatever he could next to make sure they shot him.

edit on 8/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Game stores should make you sign something that says you're not an LEO when you purchase FPSs.

There needs to be a distinction between a real life and a virtual life that can be respawned.

He's clearly wanted to die. Just walk without attacking... Maybe he was on a badtrip on drug... But his main goal was to get kill... unless he would run at the officer...

So that makes it alright? He clearly wanted to die in that one specific moment in time. So its justified that he's dead now.

I'm not ever letting my children anywhere near those LEOs

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Is everyone positive a taser would even bring down a pumped up maniac yelling shoot me in a death charge?I'm not sure.What I do know is the police acted as any cop in the country would.Its simple really.When the cop says drop the weapon,unless you want to die, you just drop the weapon.

Go to YouTube and watch tazer wars. When you're done laughing at people with more time on their hands than intelligence come tell us your opinion.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86

Game stores should make you sign something that says you're not an LEO when you purchase FPSs.

There needs to be a distinction between a real life and a virtual life that can be respawned.

He's clearly wanted to die. Just walk without attacking... Maybe he was on a badtrip on drug... But his main goal was to get kill... unless he would run at the officer...

So that makes it alright? He clearly wanted to die in that one specific moment in time. So its justified that he's dead now.

I'm not ever letting my children anywhere near those LEOs

No, i'm saying that because he wasnt a threat to the police man. The cop could just have back up watching him while asking for taser assistance. Shoot if he attack clearly.

Now they just stand there, wait him to be like 2meters, then shoot him so many times....

They guy wanted to get kill, not killing people... He needed a psycologue

( sorry im not english )
edit on 20-8-2014 by FreeQuebec86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Nope. You're not the only one that heard it. I'm not sure they had a choice here honestly. I don't know what people expect when something like that happens. Any time this happens it's sad for every body.

Ok, let's clear this up once and for all.

THERE WAS NO GUN. GUY WAS ARMED WITH A KNIFE.

Just a knife. Suspect did not have a gun.

There were options.

NO GUN.

NO GUN.

Dude was armed with a Knife. Not a gun, not a sword, not a machete, etc.

KNIFE.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
We agree. That man could have gotten treatment and lived.

a reply to: FreeQuebec86

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Had it been a gun and not a knife I'd be right with ya. Pull a gun and I say they're justified in shooting him. Maybe not 10+ times, but that's really just splitting hairs at that point. But a knife is different. Non lethal would be the thing to do. Or even going for a wound shot or something.

Had I not watched my best friends brother die from from being stabbed once with a flimsy little steak knife, I might agree with you.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Nope. You're not the only one that heard it. I'm not sure they had a choice here honestly. I don't know what people expect when something like that happens. Any time this happens it's sad for every body.

There were options.

NO GUN.

NO GUN.

KNIFE.

You caught me in between an edit and an add.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
I've caught on!!!

See here is a prime example of ignorant witness manifestation.

People hear gunfire and come outside.

Camera man keeps saying.."he dead man...he dead...they killed this man...they killed this man over 2 sodas...this man didn't have no gun" ect. ect. ect.

Lil Wayne..steps outside from his crib and hears the camera man "stating the facts". Didn't have a gun, definitely dead and all dat over 2 sodas. This spreads on and on and before you know it you have a neighborhood of folks who saw this unarmed man (begging to be shot mind you) killed for walking towards the officers to "surrender".

Same type of thing with Michael brown. Every time I heard supposed "witnesses" on videos recant their stories it started with..."well...I heard gunshots and went outside". But how did you see him with his hands up and executed if you weren't aware of the situation until the gunfire had ceased? Uh huh...

I see exactly how this kind of thing goes... if it weren't so damned pathetically stupid I might find it comical.

Except here the whole thing was caught on tape and it's like the witnesses stated

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

There were options.

NO GUN.

NO GUN.

KNIFE.

Yeah, the ways police talked about this story, i thought it was like a machete or big knife...

Some will say that a knife is more lethat then a gun ( LOL at that... ) but the police could have just back up a bit, watching him trying to reason him... call taser back up.

CNN have shown it, i'm surprise they are so transparent.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Oh the camera man was stating he approached the officers with a knife?

Or "he dead...he dead...over 2 sodas"

It's the GD'ed important ass details left out that blows my mind. Wth are you talking about???

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Yeah, It sounded like the guy had a knife and wouldn't drop it. Even a bystander was yelling for him to drop it. Maybe this guy wasn't all there, I mean he reacts like this because of two cans of soda?

I counted 9 shots, it's kind of over kill don't you think? I mean there were two cops there. One cop could have tazered the guy while the other cop backed him up with his gun! I still think this is over use of deadly force on the part of the police.

I have to agree with the bystander, why would you have to cuff a guy you shot 9 times and was most likely dead? Makes no sense to me. I also think the cops telling the bystanders to back up and holding onto his holster was really not necessary. It just seems like they're all ready to use their guns instead having any concern for taking a life.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Had I not watched my best friends brother die from from being stabbed once with a flimsy little steak knife, I might agree with you.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying a knife isn't a weapon. Even a butter knife or a pocket knife can kill someone in the right hands.

However, this is a situation with one crazy dude who is still at a safe distance from two armed and trained LEO's. There were other measures that could have been used besides simply shooting the guy full of holes. Hell, even stopping after the first couple rounds may have still allowed him to live from it.

But just choosing to murder the guy and then claim, "well, he had a knife", doesn't cut it. I've been in that situation before myself and I can tell you first hand, you can avoid a knife attack from someone who isn't completely dedicated to stabbing you with it. Unless they absolutely are determined to kill you with it, it can be as easy as just backing off allowing space, putting something else in between you and him like a vehicle, etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
7 killed and 29 wounded this weekend in Chicago and not a peep,

chicago.cbslocal.com...

This man obviously wanted to die. He got his wish.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Oh the camera man was stating he approached the officers with a knife?

Or "he dead...he dead...over 2 sodas"

It's the GD'ed important ass details left out that blows my mind. Wth are you talking about???

You can hear the officers say it, why would he parrot it?
I don't follow you about the important details unless you mean he didn't make that part obvious for a reason.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I heard (in the video) one of the officers command the guy to "drop the knife". I also counted nine to ten shots. In my opinion, police response in this situation was extreme overkill. That said I did agree in another topic on the use of lethal response against an unarmed assailant under certain circumstances. However, and although in this case the assailant was armed with a knife, with two officers on the scene a less lethal response should have been attempted, before popping off a thousand or more grains worth of live rounds. The perpetrator's attention appeared to be completely focused on the police, lowering the threat he posed to passersby who if you noticed in the video came into close proximity with the assailant without provoking an aggressive response from him. Looks like a case of suicide by cop to me, with the police readily accommodating the guy. A pathetic display.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join