It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops kill guy who is Unstable 15 mins From Ferguson, Mo.**--Warning-- Actual Shooting on Video**

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: myartisstrong

It happened 3 days ago, in the midst of violent Mike Brown riots. Folks were on edge and smelling the blood in the water. No video of Mike Brown meant no clear support of him from the majority. I'll bet there are about 12 million terabytes of video recording because of Mike Brown of situations in the last week that could have become deadly or explosive, that ended up deleted. This one actually did turn deadly, and that's why we're seeing it. No conspiracy. No 9/11. Just good old fashioned military-state cops overstepping their bounds on someone's rights. Happens every day. This time with Powell was grotesquely violent, so it's getting attention. The end.
edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
So you're telling me that the cops just showed up and felt like they had to unload in this guy because he was unstable, in broad daylight and on film? The idea that they were in the situation they were in was because of what they were about to do never crossed their minds?
a reply to: 00nunya00

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sick lazy cops.
to much work to lock them up.
he NEVER rush't them!

in the old days!!!
they made a big thing out of a cop killing some one.
they had to investegate it.
now its just a nother dead Low life.

this kind of shooting will be the key to the start of the revolution.
what DO the teach the cops?

edit on 22-8-2014 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: myartisstrong
So you're telling me that the cops just showed up and felt like they had to unload in this guy because he was unstable, in broad daylight and on film? The idea that they were in the situation they were in was because of what they were about to do never crossed their minds?

Without understanding the history and attitude of that police force and others adjacent to it I'd say yep! just shoot the he felt he was technically in his rights to do so, try and save a life hah! what a stupid lib thing to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Without understanding the history and attitude of that police force and others adjacent to it I'd say yep! just shoot the he felt he was technically in his rights to do so, try and save a life hah! what a stupid lib thing to do.

I have a sneaking suspicion if the police was killed by the guy with the knife you would just say oh well he deserved it. It wasnt in his right to do so he protected himself and the public from a man wielding a knife. If you listen to the 911 from the other shop she was scared locked her doors and called the police. Would it have been ok with you for him to go back to her door bust in thru the glass and stab her? Heck the cops could have gotten in there vehicle and left an obviously disturbed man running around public with a Kitchen knife. Wow people amaze me sometimes.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

The idiot got what he deserved. He was carrying a weapon walking towards the cops. What would you honestly do in their place? Don't give me the inane rhetoric of "I'd do XX to save his life" because you wouldn't.

They gave this idiot multiple warnings to drop his weapon, he did not. Even the bystanders told the idiot to drop his weapon. The cops did what they are supposed to do to keep their lives safe.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: Spider879

I have a sneaking suspicion if the police was killed by the guy with the knife you would just say oh well he deserved it. It wasnt in his right to do so he protected himself and the public from a man wielding a knife. If you listen to the 911 from the other shop she was scared locked her doors and called the police. Would it have been ok with you for him to go back to her door bust in thru the glass and stab her? Heck the cops could have gotten in there vehicle and left an obviously disturbed man running around public with a Kitchen knife. Wow people amaze me sometimes.

And your suspicion about me thinking this guy killing a cop would be waay off, but about the obviously mentally disturbed guy I donno tazed him?? put one in his knee perhaps?? ..but it's A.okay the cop had the legal authority to do him in,no need to protest on the dead guy's behalf after all life in those kinda town among those kind of folks come cheap anyways..so nothing to see here.
edit on 22-8-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

edit on 22-8-2014 by Spider879 because: double post

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me why they didn't use a Taser on him?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom
a reply to: ThichHeaded

The idiot got what he deserved. He was carrying a weapon walking towards the cops. What would you honestly do in their place? Don't give me the inane rhetoric of "I'd do XX to save his life" because you wouldn't.

They gave this idiot multiple warnings to drop his weapon, he did not. Even the bystanders told the idiot to drop his weapon. The cops did what they are supposed to do to keep their lives safe.

By multiple warnings you mean, they arrived, started shouting commands, and pulled the trigger all within 17 seconds of showing up?

Watch the video and pay attention to the timestamps. They first yell at him to drop the knife at 1:36 and they begin shooting at 1:40. I wouldn't call giving someone an entire FOUR SECONDS sufficient time to comply.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If you watch the video from an unbiased point-of-view, the police shout commands at him for a solid 14 seconds. To be more exact, I timed it at 14.83 seconds. That is more than sufficient time to comply.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

When the police first arrived on scene, the suspect had his hands in his pockets. This is an indication that the suspect has a weapon and is trying to wield it. As a result, the officers pulled out their side-arms because there was a chance the suspect had a gun.

After seeing that the weapon was actually a knife, they told the suspect to "Drop the Knife" repeatedly and to put his hands up. The suspect didn't comply.

The police did not switch from their hand-gun to their taser because in the time it would take for the officers to reholster their firearm and pull out their taser, a knife-wielding suspect can clear enough ground fast enough to attack the officers.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: myartisstrong

No. They unloaded on him because he was an advancing, weapon-wielding suspect that would not comply to any commands the officers told him.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Can someone please tell me why they didn't use a Taser on him?

Because he had a weapon. Plus look at what he's wearing in the middle of Summer, there's a good chance a tazer wouldn't have worked, and the cop would've gotten stabbed.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arduous
Do they not have tasers or mace??
Shooting him should have been last resort and only if their lives were in danger.
What a sad world we live in anymore....

If he had a gun/knife and it looks like he did, would you use tasers or mace against someone armed?

edit on 24-8-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

How many seconds did it take him to get within 5-7 feet of the officer? This time stamp thing is a ridiculous argument.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No. More than likely I would have went for a knee first.
If that would not have slowed him down then I would have went for a kill shot.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Your statement is one of ignorance. I'm not saying that in a bad way, but in the real world one can not shoot just a knee. The difficulty is extreme and would result in the guy reaching them. In a typical gun fight over 1/2 the bullets fired miss completely, and that is aiming at the biggest part of the body that is not moving around so much. Also, even cops are not allowed to fire unless they feel that their life is threatened, or someone else's life is threaten, or the crime committed warrants it. Can you imagine the defense attorney that asks the cop if he felt his life was in danger, and then said that it must of not been that much in danger if he had time to only shoot the knee.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

While this sounds like a great, easy to execute idea, in reality hitting something that small while in motion is very difficult with a pistol. Add to that the phychological strain of being approached by a man who is voicing his desire to die, and with a knife in his hand...after being instructed to simply put down the damn knife! It all adds up to a very inaccurate shot, and aiming for a kneecap is essentially out of the question. Maybe a solution would be better firearms training for the police? The problem is...people would still be crying "Foul!" if the cops blew out the dude's knee, even if it was some Walker Texas Ranger style one-shot situation.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

I'm not saying what the cop did was wrong. Under those circumstances he did what anyone would do. And I understand how hard it is to hit a small target while it is moving. I do a lot of target practice myself. So I'm not completely ignorant of hitting a moving target. It's damn hard. I miss more than I hit.
And as far as hitting a human while they are running at you in attack mode takes guts, and yeah the psychological strain i'm sure is enormous. Most people could not do it.
What I was trying to get at before is just the simple fact that you could tell the guy had some issues, either suicide by cops or just being a martyr , it would have been nice to not see him or a lot of others die in that fashion.

I don't live in some fairy tale world where I think everything is just peachy. I understand that 9 times out of 10 when something like this happens It's usually necessary. I watch videos like this all the time. I watch the news, I see the gore and it doesn't really bother me anymore. The world is ugly and it sure as hell isn't getting any better.

I'm sure I am ignorant in this. I've never been in that kind of situation and if I was my views could/would probably change.
Thanks fellas

Sorry if I was rambling. Been on the riding mower for 4 hours in some nasty heat and my brain is toast.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join