It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops kill guy who is Unstable 15 mins From Ferguson, Mo.**--Warning-- Actual Shooting on Video**

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

However, this is a situation with one crazy dude who is still at a safe distance from two armed and trained LEO's. There were other measures that could have been used besides simply shooting the guy full of holes. Hell, even stopping after the first couple rounds may have still allowed him to live from it.
a reply to: mOjOm

That's exactly how I felt after watching the video. The guy was a good distance away! I feel there could have been a much better way to subdue this guy than shooting him numerous times.
That's why I said it looked "contrived" as in planned. They came out of their vehicles with guns drawn. They knew they were being filmed. I would like to have seen follow-up to this event. Has anyone found an article providing the identity of this guy and more details about what precipitated the guy parading around the way he was before the LEOs got there?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arduous
Do they not have tasers or mace??
Shooting him should have been last resort and only if their lives were in danger.
What a sad world we live in anymore....

c'mon, he was young black guy that threatened them, not some young white civic leader's son....why does everyone here avoid the obvious reason...every black guy is scary, menacing, and is assumed guilty to most white police there....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Not hardly.

edit on 8/21/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

a reply to: Bilk22

I aint sure there is something he says before the police get there.. Something like....

"I am sick of this sh*t, I am sick of this sh*t.."

I am not certain of what he is referring to.. The other thing is supposedly this was done over a honey bun and 2 pops..

I dont know.. Maybe I will try and find out some more. your questions are good ones..

A note from when i last posted here... My power kept going out last night cause of a storm so I wasnt able to be involved with this conversation.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This was a mess up when I edited it so I will use this here..

www.vanityfair.com...

Speaking to CNN on Wednesday night, Dotson defended the actions of his officers. “The officers did what I think you or I would do, they protected their life in that situation,” Dotson said.“Certainly a Taser is an option that’s available to the officers, but Tasers aren’t 100 percent. So you’ve got an individual with a knife who’s moving towards you, not listening to any verbal commands, continues, says, ‘shoot me now, kill me now.’ Tasers aren’t 100 percent. If that Taser misses, that [individual] continues on and hurts an officer.”

Wait what?

“The dispute over the facts in the Michael Brown case offers the hope that there is a right answer—that Wilson either did clearly the right thing or clearly the wrong thing,” Ezra Klein wrote. “The video of the Powell case delivers a harder reality: what the police believe to be the right thing and what the people they serve believe to be the right thing may be very different.”

Perhaps..

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Regardless of who or what he was, at the very least they could have took out a knee cap or two before going in for the kill shot. I'm sure that would have stopped him and his knife of doom.

I agree that there was something obviously wrong with the guy. Not sure of what all happen before those events took place, but sane people don't rush cops with weapons.

All i'm getting at is the end result could have been different.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Here's some contrast.

Dil lon Taylor

Black/White is not the enemy.

It goes much higher.

What you see on any MSM is 100% controlled.

Progressive.Scriptors are not partisan.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't understand why they couldn't use their tasers in most scenarios. That being said, In this case, I feel the cops were justified, but it's sad that this dude had to lose his life, but you don't roll up on cops with a knife or a gun. It will get you shot dead. Too bad he couldn't have got the help he needed before this happened.

The cops don't know if this guy can throw a knife like a ninja, so shooting him in the kneecap could end up with somebody getting stuck with a knife. That's a chance these cops weren't willing to take.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Why does everyone keep saying this guy was mentally I'll? I see a guy who just mimicked Mike Brown. He martyred himself in an attempt to start a civil war. Someone dying for their cause doesn't make them unstable.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Why does everyone keep saying this guy was mentally I'll? I see a guy who just mimicked Mike Brown. He martyred himself in an attempt to start a civil war. Someone dying for their cause doesn't make them unstable.

ooooooooookay then. ( loony smiley )

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

This statement above is on the verge of being mentally inept.

What a contrived way of thinking...disturbing really.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor

So Buddhist monks that set themselves on fire as a form of protest are looney too right?

My point is, the guy knew exactly what he was doing. Stupid yes, crazy no.
edit on 21-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: wanderingconfusion
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

Why is national news not covering this story that happened 2 days after the Mike Brown shooting?

link

Actually there was a shooting two nights ago while vice was there at the protests too. Unless this was it and it came out a day late.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

The guy was a threat and acting confrontational, allegedly with a knife, therefore action was necessary from the policeman. There is no justification for shooting him six times though! That shows a policeman that let his emotions overtake his professionalism, unless policemen are told to empty their gun on every threat they come across.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Something people seem to have missed. Doesn't anyone find it just slightly messed up that it took the police a mere 17 seconds to go from arriving at the scene to having a body count?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I find it more ironic is that the 4 or so mins after the guy was shot EMS wasn't called at all..

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

You see what you want to see, but apparently you don't see Google. Link from 3 seconds of Googling:

Powell had a well-known history of mental illness, though it’s unclear how, if at all, that played into police decision-making. He was shot about 15-20 seconds after police arrived, about nine times total.

edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Pretending race isn't a factor is only going to allow for an incomplete solution, pretending it's the only factor is only going to allow for an incomplete solution.

No, it's time to POUR JET FUEL ONTO THE HATE. Because "loving each other" obviously hasn't worked for decades now, and until you feel ANGER, you don't feel ANY emotion powerful enough to affect change. Period. Show me the last "love-in" that made the 6:00 news for a week?

Because black people are the only ones with enough "barbaric yawps" (as Whitman so eloquently said) to actually DO ANYTHING to change the system. White-kid "Occupy" got ZERO 6:00 news coverage until they became violent. Don't blame racism, blame apathy.

You completely missed my point, my friend.

There is such a thing as middle ground.

This "pour jet fuel on the hate" business is what has us in the shape we are in today.

People are ingrained from birth to harbor hate because of skin color.

The people in charge "bank" on this type of mentality.

Just three posts below this one I am replying to of yours - pg 9 - you mention 50+ years of brainwashing.

If that be the case then YES by all means lets get angry band together and say NO MORE but in a nonviolent manner.

Strength in numbers when people see the middle instead of opposite ends of the spectrum.

Emotions are a slippery slope that often need to be checked.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 00nunya00

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Pretending race isn't a factor is only going to allow for an incomplete solution, pretending it's the only factor is only going to allow for an incomplete solution.

No, it's time to POUR JET FUEL ONTO THE HATE. Because "loving each other" obviously hasn't worked for decades now, and until you feel ANGER, you don't feel ANY emotion powerful enough to affect change. Period. Show me the last "love-in" that made the 6:00 news for a week?

Because black people are the only ones with enough "barbaric yawps" (as Whitman so eloquently said) to actually DO ANYTHING to change the system. White-kid "Occupy" got ZERO 6:00 news coverage until they became violent. Don't blame racism, blame apathy.

You completely missed my point, my friend.

There is such a thing as middle ground.

This "pour jet fuel on the hate" business is what has us in the shape we are in today.

People are ingrained from birth to harbor hate because of skin color.

The people in charge "bank" on this type of mentality.

Just three posts below this one I am replying to of yours - pg 9 - you mention 50+ years of brainwashing.

If that be the case then YES by all means lets get angry band together and say NO MORE but in a nonviolent manner.

Strength in numbers when people see the middle instead of opposite ends of the spectrum.

Emotions are a slippery slope that often need to be checked.

No, I'm pretty sure I've got your point 100%, because it's not new, by far. I just disagree with your point. A week ago I agreed with you, completely. Tonight, I don't. That is largely because of seeing what happened when Ferguson got media coverage and ATS member attention due to violence being used there by the protesters. And even more importantly, how much media and attention it got when the protesters started keeping it peaceful and there weren't any circuses to watch. No one cared anymore because no one was getting their head bashed in, on either side. Everyone went back to sleep.

THAT is what's wrong with this country and is what it will take for real change to happen. No movement has ever been successful within two weeks. And how long does the American public have an attention span for regarding ANY issue, even if it's directly threatening them in non-lethal ways? Two weeks. Not a day more......unless violence continues and escalates beyond that two-week mark. Then it becomes another "TV show" that people schedule as must-see-TV every day and tune in to watch the schadenfreude. And then when it FINALLY trickles down into their tight little bubble and becomes personal, they do something about it.

Boston Harbor, anyone? That wasn't peaceful at all. Far from it. And it sparked a revolution.

Occupy failed until they started getting violent. Then they started failing again after they got back to peacefulness. They succeeded in nothing when they weren't violent. Your point would be valid if Occupy had succeeded in making fundamental changes to the system instead of token concessions. That movement was all around the world, and 99% peaceful.

Only the 1% got attention. Ironic, isn't that? Only the 1% of "The 99%".

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I completely agree. Everything about this seemed wrong.

I find it very strange that a guy would go into a store and steal a dollars worth of sodas, then walk outside and set them down. If he was actually planning on stealing them for his own consumption he would have left the scene... I'm pretty sure he knows that cops are out and about in tremendous numbers. So why else would he steal something insignificant ( kinda like cigars) then wait outside to face the police. He wasn't crazy, he knew exactly what he wanted to do.

What make me question this video the most though the way the cops look at the guy filming... like to make sure they are getting it. This guy walked up on the situation and he was narrating it from a long time before he actually gets close enough to see whats going on. Narrating very calmly I might add, the murder he is witnessing.

There are too many coincidences about this whole thing for me to think that something else isn't going on as well. This is working perfectly to get the populous riled up. I think TPTB have finally found their catalyst for the coming "Crack Down" I think they are planning ( I figured the whole border detention facility thing was a trial run for a future event. ) Cops are notorious for trying to cover up all the dirty stuff they do, so this very public display of brutality toward civilians and press seem like the complete opposite of what would happen if there wasn't another agenda.

Maybe I'm crazy, maybe I read this site too much, but I really think there is something more to what we are witnessing. Bone75

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThichHeaded
a reply to: Aazadan

I find it more ironic is that the 4 or so mins after the guy was shot EMS wasn't called at all..

It was reported just after it happened not sure where you heard that. They also released the 911 calls the police knew he was armed it was reported to 911.IF you listen at the end you here the officer report shooting and EMS would be dispatched.

here
edit on 8/21/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join