It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops kill guy who is Unstable 15 mins From Ferguson, Mo.**--Warning-- Actual Shooting on Video**

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: 00nunya00

Maybe I'm biased because I've decided to live my life in a way that allows me little to no interaction with the police. When I do find myself in a face to face, I make sure to make them 'work for their money', so to speak. Hell, I might end up one of the white guys who gets popped by the police for no reason and is swept under the rug. Who knows. Maybe all this just isn't registering in the proper spot in my brain, but even though I'm not a 'peaceful protest' kind of guy, I see more power in intelligent tactful actions over destructive behavior. The problem (in my opinion) is that in order for said intelligent tactful actions to be effective, the numbers have to be much higher than in the case of a riot. Actions can certainly speak louder than words, but there are some words that are 1,000's of times more powerful than any action could be.

I agree with the statements that 'black people' as a whole are more ready to get rowdy in the name of what they believe, but as we see that is an easy way to lose a lot of support from would-be supporters like myself. My posts probably make it seem that I sympathize with the police...but the only respect I have for them is that some are truly courageous individuals who are actually interested and invested in the well being of the people. I'm largely on-the-fence about the whole deal, and I'm not really sure what it will take to knock me to one side or the other. I was really waiting for the militia full of white rednecks to show up in Ferguson and back the largely black population and their message. THAT would have instilled a certain feeling of hope and excitement in me. But that never happened, for whatever reasons. So we get to watch it play out and produce fear/hatred for our fellow man.

Is it time for a real revolution? Maybe.
Is a revolution even avoidable? I don't think so. But it might be a while.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: michael1888
The deputy requested, pursuant to standard law enforcement procedure, that Roy Sherman remain at his vehicle so that the traffic stop could be completed, however, Roy Sherman refused.

The video shows the opposite. He was forceably removed from his car.

During the ensuing encounter, Roy Sherman became irate and shouted several times to the deputy to “just shoot me in the f------ head!”  Due to the combative nature of Roy Sherman the deputy requested a back-up unit and Sherman was advised he was under arrest due to his impeding, and interfering with, the deputy’s initial traffic stop investigation.

Notice this staement “just shoot me in the f------ head!” how lucky was this guy

notice this comment

I don't care what he said. First, that's he-said-he-said; is there dashcam video of him saying "just shoot me in the effing head"? I see a man saying "I'm just trying to tell you that my son is autistic, I don't care, I'm not under arrest, eff you." He has the right to argue verbally with police until his rights are respected. Show me the complete video where he was such a threat?

Even if he said "shoot me" (as the subject of this thread said), he never left his car until they forced him out to the ground and tased him. He was unarmed and was upset about his autistic son being detained with no understanding by the LEOs about his son's condition. You got a kid on the spectrum? I DO. And he will make stupid decisions 15 years from now because of that (and just because of him being a teenager by then) and I will be willing to VERBALLY argue with any cop in the whole world over that issue until they show some understanding of what I am saying about my son. Because he needs to be dealt with a little more patiently, a little more understandingly, for everyone's sake. Until you've "been there" with a spectrum 3-year-old who tantrums every 30 minutes over not getting his way, and see the future of him being a functional-yet-high-needs adult WITH EVERY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT YOU HAVE, then this debate is over.

Try again.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I take that on board but i shared a reply from the sherrifs dept involved from the comments under the edited video, i suggest you have a read its near the top. I didnt say I agree with it at all, I live in Scotland and the likes of the video in the op I have never even imagined could happen and that place 2 in a week. As for the old guy getting tazered well what should have happened if the story is true is the cop using the father to speak to the boy about his speeding...
reply to: 00nunya00

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex

Maybe I'm biased because I've decided to live my life in a way that allows me little to no interaction with the police. When I do find myself in a face to face, I make sure to make them 'work for their money', so to speak. Hell, I might end up one of the white guys who gets popped by the police for no reason and is swept under the rug. Who knows. Maybe all this just isn't registering in the proper spot in my brain, but even though I'm not a 'peaceful protest' kind of guy, I see more power in intelligent tactful actions over destructive behavior. The problem (in my opinion) is that in order for said intelligent tactful actions to be effective, the numbers have to be much higher than in the case of a riot. Actions can certainly speak louder than words, but there are some words that are 1,000's of times more powerful than any action could be.

Like what? What words made any difference in our country until violence was used by one side or another? 1776? 1964? When, exactly, did words speak louder than actions? I identify with you; I stay in my house 23 hours of the day if not more. I've been a stay-at-home mom for the last 6+ years. I was literally a "hausfrau" for the last 8 years. I have zero interaction with cops nowadays, for the same reasons as you, probably. I just don't want to deal with it, and I have the luxury of not having to unless I commit a crime or speed. Young black men? Not so much.
And they are my fellow human beings; they are someone's son.

I agree with the statements that 'black people' as a whole are more ready to get rowdy in the name of what they believe, but as we see that is an easy way to lose a lot of support from would-be supporters like myself. My posts probably make it seem that I sympathize with the police...but the only respect I have for them is that some are truly courageous individuals who are actually interested and invested in the well being of the people.

Agreed. I live across the street from a black cop; I dated a white cop and debated these issues with him for a while. I know plenty of cops who are awesome people; who are fair and just. Most Nazis were good people who didn't want anyone killed or hurt, they just wanted their personal safety and security, and justice as well. Doesn't mean they didn't help the "bad apples" to murder millions of Jews. I don't want to turn my blind eye to my fellow man's injustices, of any sort, anywhere, at any time, for any reason, ever. The non-protesting Nazis taught me that.

I'm largely on-the-fence about the whole deal, and I'm not really sure what it will take to knock me to one side or the other. I was really waiting for the militia full of white rednecks to show up in Ferguson and back the largely black population and their message. THAT would have instilled a certain feeling of hope and excitement in me. But that never happened, for whatever reasons. So we get to watch it play out and produce fear/hatred for our fellow man.

Is it time for a real revolution? Maybe.
Is a revolution even avoidable? I don't think so. But it might be a while.

Exactly. Because "us white folks" don't get involved in justice until it's a white rancher who is being "harassed and oppressed" and then we show up with guns drawn in significant numbers----AND EVEN THEN WE DON'T GET GUNNED DOWN. We get dealt with as CITIZENS WITH RIGHTS. Because Shep Smith and Bill O'Reilly and the rest of White America has our backs. But I'm no longer willing to be a stooge for them. I'm no longer willing to be a stupid apathetic "ignorant cracker" for them anymore. (Please know, I'm not calling YOU these names, I'm calling myself-a-week ago these names. I am angry at myself for NOT CARING MORE BEFORE IT TOOK SO MANY MURDERS TO GET EFFING ANGRY ABOUT IT ENOUGH TO CHANGE IT. This is about me, not you. I don't know you so I could never judge. I know myself, though, and I was putting the blinders on every day before I had my coffee. And I thought I was one of those "enlightened progressive civil-rights-defending white folks, Tupac fan and all. I was so wrong. So, so wrong.)
edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: michael1888

Ah, right on, I didn't see that video comment and I apologize for attributing it to you and your opinion. Peace, brother.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thomas Paines "common sense"
The Declaration of Independence
The Gettysburg Address
I'm not religious but the bible is just a bunch of words and people live their lives by it.

The main way that I see certain words being more powerful than action is when those words inspire an action, or even cause an inaction as do the ten commandments in relation to Christians. a reply to: 00nunya00

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaosComplex
Thomas Paines "common sense"
The Declaration of Independence
The Gettysburg Address
I'm not religious but the bible is just a bunch of words and people live their lives by it.

The main way that I see certain words being more powerful than action is when those words inspire an action, or even cause an inaction as do the ten commandments in relation to Christians. a reply to: 00nunya00

Right on, fair enough. Let me spark this under you (warning: Parental Advisory Lyrics)

All the people up top, on the side and the middle
Come together, lets all bomb and swamp just a little
Just let it gradually build from the front to the back
All you can see is a sea of people some white and some black
Don't matter what color, all that matters 's we gathered together

To celebrate for the same cause, don't matter the weather
If it rains let it rain, yea the wetter the better
They ain't gonna stop us, they can't, we stronger now more than ever
They tell us no we say yea, they tell us stop we say go
Rebel with a rebel yell, raise hell, we gonna let em know

Come along follow me as I lead through the darkness
As I provide just enough spark that we need to proceed
Carry on, give me hope, give me strength
Come with me and I won't steer you wrong
Put your faith and your trust as I guide us through the fog
To the light at the end of the tunnel
We gonna fight, we gonna charge, we gonna stomp, we gonna march
Through the swamp, we gonna mosh through the marsh
Take us right through the doors (c'mon)

Imagine it pouring, it's raining down on us
Mosh pits outside the oval office
Someone's tryina tell us something,
Maybe this is God just sayin' we're responsible
For this monster, this coward,
That we have empowered
This is Bin Laden, look at his head noddin'
How could we allow something like this without pumping our fists
Now this is our final hour
Let me be the voice in your strength and your choice
Let me simplify the rhyme just to amplify the noise
Try to amplify the times it, and multiply by six...
Teen million people, Are equal at this high pitch

Maybe we can reach alqueda through my speech
Let the president answer a higher anarchy
Strap him with an Ak-47, let him go fight his own war
Let him impress daddy that way
No more blood for oil, we got our own battles to fight on our own soil
No more psychological warfare, to trick us to thinking that we ain't loyal
If we don't serve our own country, we're patronizing a hero

Look in his eyes its all lies
The stars and stripes, they've been swiped, washed out and wiped
And replaced with his own face, Mosh now or die
If I get sniped tonight you know why,
Cause I told you to fight.

And as we proceed,
To Mosh through this desert storm,
In these closing statements, if they should argue
Let us beg to differ
As we set aside our differences
And assemble our own army

To disarm this Weapon of Mass Destruction
That we call our President, for the present
And Mosh for the future of our next generation
To speak and be heard

Mr. President, Mr. Senator
(children's laughing voices : )
DO YOU GUYS HEAR US?!?!

edit on 21-8-2014 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaosComplex

A big piece of this is racial. The population gets divided when one side ignores this, rolls their eyes and walks away. Ultimately it's about poverty but racism is fostered to cloud the mind. The poor are disproportionately affected by injustice within our justice system and by police brutality but it's even more disproportionate for poor black people. If people can't see this or refuse to see it and continue to attribute it to black culture and dismiss these killings (saw a statistic but I haven't verified it that on average two unarmed black people a week are killed by cops) as thugs getting what they deserve it won't ever get better and will continue to spread outward, which we are beginning to see and as more and more white people fall out of the middle class, the more and more we see classism.

I know I'm a bit rambly there, I hope what I'm trying to convey is clear because I don't have time to fix it lol...

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ChaosComplex

A big piece of this is racial. The population gets divided when one side ignores this, rolls their eyes and walks away. Ultimately it's about poverty but racism is fostered to cloud the mind. The poor are disproportionately affected by injustice within our justice system and by police brutality but it's even more disproportionate for poor black people. If people can't see this or refuse to see it and continue to attribute it to black culture and dismiss these killings (saw a statistic but I haven't verified it that on average two unarmed black people a week are killed by cops) as thugs getting what they deserve it won't ever get better and will continue to spread outward, which we are beginning to see and as more and more white people fall out of the middle class, the more and more we see classism.

I know I'm a bit rambly there, I hope what I'm trying to convey is clear because I don't have time to fix it lol...

You speak truth and I read you loud and clear,the real life Hunger Games are fast approaching and I don't know what district I will find myself in.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
So to those who support what the police did here - two questuons for you.

Do you also support the factthat instead of an ambulamcr showing up on scene; instead only more and mote police came? Do you support the absolute lack of trying to save the life?

Next question - do you also support how one of the cops had to toss the lifeless body onto his stomach (literally toss) just so they could handcuff him? Do you support handcuffing a mans corpse with weapons still drawn on it?

If so - I have no other words for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
a reply to: ThichHeaded

ARE YOU PEOPLE KIDDING ME?

DID ANY OF YOU HEAR THE POLICE SAY, "DROP THE GUN"? I did!

For Christ's sake, what the hell do you expect the police to do if they roll up on you and you have a gun in your hands? Drop it, shoot em, or get shot! Doesn't take a freaking rocket scientist to figure out the out come of that scenario does it?

God Damn, has the MSM and this Ferguson SNIP got all ya'll wrapped up in their agenda or what?

Not "gun".... "knife"... they say "drop the knife" since he pulled a knife from his belt.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

Why does seem contrived?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
As a mother of TWO boys on the spectrum I've already had issues. However, I am willing to be arrested to keep my kids safe. Saying things like I'll use my phone call to tell someone where the bail money is tends to make an LEO pause and wonder why you are prepared for this situation to occur.

The regular attitude that LEOs use has been discussed ad nausium. No has yet brought up an LEO interacting with a person that doesn't understand the questions being asked. How often has an LEO simply repeated the same thing more aggressively rather than attempting to explain their words another way?

The LEOs had better get training quickly. Us Moms that have children on the spectrum already know how to write letters, make phone calls and organize walks.

edit on 21-8-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
As a mother of TWO boys on the spectrum I've already had issues. However, I am willing to be arrested to keep my kids safe. Saying things like I'll use my phone call to tell someone where the bail money is tends to make an LEO pause and wonder why you are prepared for this situation to occur.

The regular attitude that LEOs use has been discussed ad nausium. No has yet brought up an LEO interacting with a person that doesn't understand the questions being asked. How often has an LEO simply repeated the same thing more aggressively rather than attempting to explain their words another way?

The LEOs had better get training quickly. Us Moms that have children on the spectrum already know how to write letters, make phone calls and organize walks.

They already have training. They're following the agenda as are some of the protestors and "victims". This is a singular event that is meant to look like something else.

Oh but back to the training so those who would care to argue this fact, see there's evidence from a few years ago, that this has been occurring for quite some time.

The High Cost of Using War Criminals to Train U.S. Police

Israeli Model Underlies Militarization of U.S. Police

US Law Enforcement Officials Train in Israel

Now how it pertains to the situation.

Ultimate Outrage: Ferfuson Invaded by Israeli IDF

Oh and while Ferguson was lighting up, this was happening not too far away.

With no warning, low-flying copters buzz St. Paul, Minneapolis

Someone posted a link to this in another thread about subliminal messages in film. It's probably a good place to start to see what's happening.

Big Brother’s Recipe for ‘Revolution in Military Affairs’

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22
They need better training to allow them to be equipped for the public as we actually exist. They need to be required to take continuing education just like our educators do.

Unless you would like to tell me how the LEOs near you are trained to handle a person with special needs, simply telling me they are trained just seems argumentative. The LEOs near me are not trained trained to handle the society we have.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

They need better training to allow them to be equipped for the public as we actually exist. They need to be required to take continuing education just like our educators do.

Unless you would like to tell me how the LEOs near you are trained to handle a person with special needs, simply telling me they are trained just seems argumentative. The LEOs near me are not trained trained to handle the society we have.

You're not really paying attention, are you?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I read all your articles. Do you think everyone does?
Look at what I typed. It seems argumentative. I know that you and I agree. It may not be clear but, I see your point.

I need more people to at least understand the view that this is a problem.

As a mother I have been giving my kids rules on what they are allowed to say to an LEO. You and I didn't grow up with this fear. Why should our children?!

If I wasn't clear I apologize. This touches me close to home.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I read all your articles. Do you think everyone does?
Look at what I typed. It seems argumentative. I know that you and I agree. It may not be clear but, I see your point.

I need more people to at least understand the view that this is a problem.

As a mother I have been giving my kids rules on what they are allowed to say to an LEO. You and I didn't grow up with this fear. Why should our children?!

If I wasn't clear I apologize. This touches me close to home.
In some respects we do agree. I recently gave my nephew the same talk before leaving for freshman year at college. However, unless our local and national politicians get behind our pleas, the agenda will move on forward. That is the more likely scenario as they are the keepers of the purse strings and evidently have approved the spending on sending our civilian police forces for this training.
edit on 79159Thursdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I see some of you justifying this with "He asked the police to shoot him, he had a death wish", well wasn't there a guy named Kavorkian (spelling may be off) who killed people that wanted to die and didn't he go to prison for it?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

However, this is a situation with one crazy dude who is still at a safe distance from two armed and trained LEO's. There were other measures that could have been used besides simply shooting the guy full of holes. Hell, even stopping after the first couple rounds may have still allowed him to live from it.
a reply to: mOjOm

That's exactly how I felt after watching the video. The guy was a good distance away! I feel there could have been a much better way to subdue this guy than shooting him numerous times.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join